SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-27-13, 07:34 PM   #3046
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Trevally, the CTDs might be caused by the fact that the war begins on the 30/8/1939. I'm developing a mod, and I just used the OHII v.2.0 campaign.cfg and campaign.tsr files, and everything works fine.
Old 04-27-13, 08:12 PM   #3047
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456
Uploads: 0

Ahh...just realised i'm still using V2.0...might explain why i don't have the CTDs said above!

BTW, Choum french translation for V2.1 is working fine so far with V2.0
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-13, 09:29 PM   #3048
Scümbagfuhrer
Watch

Downloads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Generic Patcher by TheDarkWraith requires only a regular sh5.exe, not the steam..
So I can't play Open Horizon II?
Scümbagfuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 12:01 AM   #3049
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Ok, Choum, i revised your french translation and corrected few mistakes and grammar errors.
You also forgot to translate some files (as in Monsun gruppe)

You can get it here, and if Trevally wants to update thread with it, no problem

http://www.mediafire.com/?1puthwca71p7k0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scümbagfuhrer
So I can't play Open Horizon II?
Yes you can. Patcher is mainly to solve stock bugs...
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 01:16 AM   #3050
Captain73
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Test fix for OHIIv2.1 Full http://www.4sync.com/archive/Bn7pgVh...tch1_Full.htmlDue to the nature of the fix - can you please install this patch directly after OHII. I must be before any lifeboat mod that you use.
Please start a new career and let me know how you get on.
Thanks everyone who has helped and for your patience - I know how frustrating ctds can be
Thanks Trevally! He graduated from the Polish company! CTD was not!
P.S. I understand that you are tired .... I wanted to ask you ... We can see in the future work of the German submarines in the Norwegian company (the capture of Narvik)!?
As it was a true story.
Your work is doomed to success!

Old 04-28-13, 02:52 AM   #3051
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Please replace test patch1 with this test-
http://www.4sync.com/archive/PSTJPK8...tch2_Full.html
Quote:
I will leave the test patch for a few days to be sure all is ok - I am still a wee bit worried about the luftwaffe air strikes I have added to the bay.
There are four attacks for three days - SH5 air attacks on harbours has not worked well in the past. I would like to hear if any issues are happening as a result. If they are I can remove them before the patch propper is set.
Old 04-28-13, 03:08 AM   #3052
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
Trevally, the CTDs might be caused by the fact that the war begins on the 30/8/1939. I'm developing a mod, and I just used the OHII v.2.0 campaign.cfg and campaign.tsr files, and everything works fine.
Hi Cyber

I dont think that it the cause of the issue with v2.1
The game can be set to switch any country through three setting of war status by date and can switch mid patrol.

I think the first issue was that the game did not load - now this was only for some users - so this shows that there was not an error in OHII - but that OHII together with some other code caused a ctd during loading. For many this was fixed by removing the docked TypeII boat from Kiel.
So what other mod effects that unit?

The second CTD was caused when a Polish ship was sunk - Again this was only with some users. I have a feeling the Mike was correct here and that the roster was at fault by having a Polish lifeboat with no actual unit in the mod. I checked other country rosters and they did not have this lifeboat. So this has gotten into my mod somehow (me not using a clean game to mod with). I think that users who had a lifeboad mod (either rongels or Targor Avelanys) did not get this error.

The above is only a guess and I am waiting for more results from people using the mod.

So please everyone - STOP using v2.0 and help me out by using v2.1 and giving me feedback -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain73 View Post
Thanks Trevally! He graduated from the Polish company! CTD was not!
P.S. I understand that you are tired .... I wanted to ask you ... We can see in the future work of the German submarines in the Norwegian company (the capture of Narvik)!?
As it was a true story.
Your work is doomed to success!
Thanks Captain

Did you see any air attacks - they should happen on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd of Sept. Four groups of 2 bombers each day at first light.

Narvik - can you send me a link and I will look at what there is to do.
I still have a few more small fixes to add to the final patch - so could look at another test patch if it is not too much
Old 04-28-13, 03:28 AM   #3053
Choum
Sparky

Downloads: 343
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Ok, Choum, i revised your french translation and corrected few mistakes and grammar errors.
You also forgot to translate some files (as in Monsun gruppe)
Thanks I have update the file on subsim (v2) and fix some translations.
Choum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 04:08 AM   #3054
Captain73
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Trevally i was in Danzig in the morning of September 2.
Beat the Luftwaffe I have not seen.
I told BdU of detecting enemy, the answer came quickly: "to be more aggressive, to act independently!"
I saw two German destroyers sunk a Polish destroyer. Still seen standing off the coast of Poland's two old cruisers Germany!

With regard to Narvik I think need English-language link. I think you need to seek help from Gap! This guy is very competent in such matters!
Old 04-28-13, 05:26 AM   #3055
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
I will leave the test patch for a few days to be sure all is ok - I am still a wee bit worried about the luftwaffe air strikes I have added to the bay.
There are four attacks for three days - SH5 air attacks on harbours has not worked well in the past. I would like to hear if any issues are happening as a result. If they are I can remove them before the patch propper is set.
Quote:
So please everyone - STOP using v2.0 and help me out by using v2.1 and giving me feedback -
Did you see any air attacks - they should happen on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd of Sept. Four groups of 2 bombers each day at first light.
Hi Trevally

I spent a couple of days in the Danzig Bay and still have not seen air attacks .. perhaps this is due to the fact that I have sunk all Polish DDs ..

Do you want me to test whole operation from scratch? I mean, I will not sink Polish DDs to complete the mission and so I'll see what happens to the air attacks..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 05:35 AM   #3056
Scümbagfuhrer
Watch

Downloads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post

Yes you can. Patcher is mainly to solve stock bugs...
But I have an issue with this mod that needs a patcher to fix it, and the patcher doesn't work with steam version of the game
Scümbagfuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 05:46 AM   #3057
Choum
Sparky

Downloads: 343
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scümbagfuhrer View Post
But I have an issue with this mod that needs a patcher to fix it, and the patcher doesn't work with steam version of the game
Can you register your steam cd-key to uplay to have the non steam version ?
Choum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 05:51 AM   #3058
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scümbagfuhrer View Post
You don't need the Patcher to using Open Horizons II.

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
Old 04-28-13, 08:28 AM   #3059
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Hi Trevally

I spent a couple of days in the Danzig Bay and still have not seen air attacks .. perhaps this is due to the fact that I have sunk all Polish DDs ..

Do you want me to test whole operation from scratch? I mean, I will not sink Polish DDs to complete the mission and so I'll see what happens to the air attacks..
Thanks Volodya, its ok - I am going to change the way I have done the air attacks.
At the moment they are triggered by date.
I think I will change this to time or a looped date (looped waypoint with date on/off)
Old 04-28-13, 08:50 AM   #3060
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Thanks Volodya, its ok - I am going to change the way I have done the air attacks.
At the moment they are triggered by date.
I think I will change this to time or a looped date (looped waypoint with date on/off)
Anyway, I'm testing it right now

I spotted another thing, late evening of August 31 I was able to refit in Hel.. I don't know is this an error or not.. just inform you about it

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii