SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-05-10, 06:01 PM   #286
Jurgens
Swabbie

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0

will the mod still work with the new patch that is being released on the 12th?
Jurgens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-10, 06:32 PM   #287
cothyso
Sailor man

Downloads: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby66 View Post
Yes. But with this mod the recognition manual doesn't pop up anymore. Or to be more precise, the Officer dialog where I could enter all the data isn't there anymore. Except for the ID of the target that wouldn't be a problem since I can enter all the data into the TDC.
well, i don't know for you, but for me it works perfectly. and i'm using the SH5 Enhanced setup.
cothyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-10, 06:47 PM   #288
Yoram777
A-ganger

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 2

question: With the older version UI, I used to change the text on the fire button from FIRE to LOS! by changing the menu.txt.

But now when I change it (number 2013) nothing changes ingame, what am I doing wrong?
Yoram777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-10, 11:32 PM   #289
Able72
Captain

Downloads: 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Using the UZO and Periscope (1600x1024 Windowed mode) I found that the Crew Warning Text box covers the XO Pic/Button. This is just a PITA and nothing is broken.
Can the XO button and Interactive Dialog window be moved slightly to the left of the Text box?

-TheBeast
I am running at 1600 x 1200 and I have the same problem. It is the 4:3 monitor ratio. Is there anyway to move the XO and his dialog box to the left? I'm open to making manual configuration changes if you can point me in the right direction regarding what lines to change. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 04-06-10, 09:20 PM   #290
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Anyone else have trouble issuing a course change using the SH5E heading bar while at higher TC?

I was sailing along at 1024x, changed course to 270. The chat log repeated it back, but I kept sailing ahead. I dropped out of TC, got the voice "new course 270", but still didn't turn. The heading bar reads "Ordered course 270", but I'm remaining on a 300 heading even after 1x.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-10, 09:26 PM   #291
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Anyone else have trouble issuing a course change using the SH5E heading bar while at higher TC?

I was sailing along at 1024x, changed course to 270. The chat log repeated it back, but I kept sailing ahead. I dropped out of TC, got the voice "new course 270", but still didn't turn. The heading bar reads "Ordered course 270", but I'm remaining on a 300 heading even after 1x.
Yes, this happens to me all the time as well. I do not beleave it is a MOD issue but rather a Game Bug because it happens to me with or wothout this MOD.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-10, 09:38 PM   #292
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

I think you have to be at 128x (guessing) or below to do that. I just place a waypoint in front of me and drag it around (right click and hold down on waypoint). You can steer at any rate of TC using this method. Gota be fast though when using 8100x TC.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-10, 10:17 PM   #293
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

you need to be lower than 32x.

It's a game issue, not the Mod. You can't even do a "heading to view" turn when at 32x. You have to drop down to 16x or lower... or else nothing happens.

Only way to turn while at high speed TC is to drag the plotted course around on the TAI map.

Solution Solver 2.3.2 - Visual Targeting Tools & Aids
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-10, 10:46 PM   #294
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
Hey DarkWraith, I was wondering if you'd might consider increasing the time it takes for the description window (bottom right) that pop-ups when hovering over the sub commands and over ships when on map?

Don't really need a quick pop-up every time hovering over the commands but I can see it being useful for getting the ships speed when on map. Didn't get the exact time it takes for it to pop-up but just guessing that its a little less than a second. Maybe increasing it to 2-3 seconds if possible?

Any thoughts on it?

I've added this as an option to the options file. The setting is called ShowItemNotes and it defaults to True (show the notes).

Give you all a little update on v1.2.0 progress:

I've got about half of the orders bars and order category bars rewritten. I like the look of the selected (Gold), not selected (white), and not available icons (dark grey). I think the small white border surrounding the currently selected officer looks good also.
As you can see I'm integrating the Fuel, Battery, Compressed Air, and CO2 level buttons and graph into the bottom bar. This was first attempt to dynamically move them based on UIStyle. When I'm done with it they'll blend in just like the heading bar does.

Tried issuing commands via Toggle commands to see if the crew would still get confused or not when you use the officer bar to issue an order and then go to a crew member to counter that order. Result: they're still confused. So it's a bug with the crew AI. When an order is issued they're not getting updated or something.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-10, 10:50 PM   #295
dcooper
Nub

Downloads: 1
Strange Problem With Mod

I cannot get this mod to work. I followed the instructions for the All Dials option. I can't really describe the problem, so please take a look at the screenshot.

I hope someone can help me
dcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-10, 10:53 PM   #296
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

run your game updater and patch to latest version (\data\Support\GameUpdater\gu.exe).

If already patched to latest version then disable all mods then enable this one and see if you still get problems.
Old 04-06-10, 10:57 PM   #297
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

Could you please add this to your UI mod:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163587

It's much nicer than the stock ones, and its a pain to merge it since you also edited that .dds file.

Solution Solver 2.3.2 - Visual Targeting Tools & Aids
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-10, 11:01 PM   #298
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
Could you please add this to your UI mod:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163587

It's much nicer than the stock ones, and its a pain to merge it since you also edited that .dds file.
maybe I can make a new .dds file and point the associated icons to it thus allowing the end user to select whether they want those or the stock SH5 style icons for the map tools? That's probably what I'll do
Old 04-06-10, 11:06 PM   #299
dcooper
Nub

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
run your game updater and patch to latest version (\data\Support\GameUpdater\gu.exe).

If already patched to latest version then disable all mods then enable this one and see if you still get problems.

It worked. Thank you. I thought I already had the latest patch.
dcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-10, 11:08 PM   #300
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I've added this as an option to the options file. The setting is called ShowItemNotes and it defaults to True (show the notes).
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui