SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-02-18, 08:54 AM   #1
CDR DPH
Helmsman

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

Default Campaign Map North Atlantic 2004

I recently updated NA2004 after reading of an update here a few days ago. I played an entire campaign yesterday.

What's up with this:

Movement on the campaign map to and from missions seems painfully slow. Maybe I'm just impatient to get where I'm going. :-) Is there a setting that can be tweaked to increase onscreen travel speed while keeping mission times reflective of the distance?

More importantly, while moving about the campaign map, I was frequently dumped into additional blind skirmishes both travelling to mission areas from Holy Loch and from one mission to the next. So much so that I often was unable to get to the mission location before that mission time frame expired, my sub was so full of holes that there was more water inside than outside or I had exhausted my weapons to the point that I didn't have enough left to take on the assigned assets that I was there to deal with.

At one point travelling to the Norwegian Straight from The Russian coast I was dumped into 3 sub intercepts (one had 3 aggressive targets) and two surface vessel engagements. Needless to say I was unable to get to the GIUK in time to intercept my assigned targets and in fact had to abandon the next assigned mission to go back and rearm because I had nothing left except rocks to throw at the enemy.
CDR DPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-18, 07:22 PM   #2
Delgard
Skipper

Downloads: 48

I don't know if it is good or bad, but I have gone the opposite direction after firing one torpedo towards the initial target. It seems to keep them occupied while I am clearing the area.

I go as deep as I can and at high speed to be able to exit the mission.

I assume my Admiral knows what he is doing when he sends me so far.

I also take more round-about routes to avoid the Soviet coast than I used to.
Delgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-18, 11:01 PM   #3
CDR DPH
Helmsman

Appreciate the tips Delgard.
Old 07-04-18, 03:27 PM   #4
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 1

Mod Update # 9b: Date:07/04/2018
Resync of files for 1.15e.

This update resync's the files to ver. 1.15e. Let me know of any issues encountered.

Also, any additional details on missions preceding a blank mission scenario would be appreciated. I am not 100% sure this issue is resolved, but I haven't had luck duplicating it.

Thanks!

LTJG Beam
LTJGBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-18, 10:23 PM   #5
CDR DPH
Helmsman

Default Ooops

v9b - Went to play mission019 which is supposed to be a tlam strike - it is actually a sub hunt under the ice.

Died once, won once - after ditching the extra weight of the unneeded cruise missiles. :-)