SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-13-10, 02:11 PM   #1
Stevepine
Planesman

Downloads: 172
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter View Post
Stormy and t0maz,

I think the breathing while surfacing sound you both are talking about is in submarine_surfacing.wav, in the 'data/sound' folder. I am listening to it now, and I hear the breathing in the background of that file, and it is not the same breathing I am referring to.

The poster above me, stevepine, describes it more accurately. It is loud, seemingly right next to the player no matter where in the sub you are. And it is not triggered by a certain event. It happens while surfaced but also while submerged.

And of course worst of all it is incredibly distracting/weird.

I am looking through all the .wav files in data/sound, but no file name appears to describe it. Before I go one by one through the files, do either of you have any updated idea what it could be?

Also, is there a chance it is included in data/sound/speech? That folder seems to be all basic command speech so I doubt it.
If we could disable this murmering / whispering sound and the alarm like, deafening yelling at the sighting of EVERY friendly vessel then the mod would be a complete MUST have.
Stevepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-10, 11:24 AM   #2
KillerTube
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Stormy rocks the sounds

great work as always. thanks for the hard work.
Old 06-13-10, 02:03 AM   #3
milky
Loader

Downloads: 188

I am getting conflicts out the butt with this mod , am i missing something? I am only using the mods required besides the enviremental mod and critical hits mod
milky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 05:07 AM   #4
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by milky View Post
I am getting conflicts out the butt with this mod , am i missing something? I am only using the mods required besides the enviremental mod and critical hits mod
hi milky,

please be a bit more precise regarding conflicts...

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 05:42 AM   #5
zack
Gunner

Downloads: 95

first,many many thanks stormfly for your work!

but one question,im missed the warning for dephcharges,i see the *.wav files but no response?
zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 05:51 AM   #6
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zack View Post
first,many many thanks stormfly for your work!

but one question,im missed the warning for dephcharges,i see the *.wav files but no response?
yes mate, this is content allready delivered in case of a third patch

Old 06-14-10, 04:28 PM   #7
M4XDmG
Helmsman

Downloads: 106

Very nice! Been waiting for this. But if I understand correctly, many sounds are triggered by shortcut keys or by darkwraiths ui. If I use Speech recognition, those voices are not audible?
M4XDmG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 09:39 AM   #8
dem
Planesman

Downloads: 476
Default info

Nice sound mod very good i like it a lof

New sounds for handling the deck and aa guns, used from Paulsens Sound Mod (useable with TheDarkWraith`s new UI`s).

- - New sound for starting diesel engine in case of switching to recharge batterys (also useable with TheDarkWraith`s new UI`s).

- New sound for switching to std propullsion (also useable with TheDarkWraith`s new UI`s).

there all work for me nic mod again

thanks
dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 12:48 PM   #9
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

...optional bug found

- optional -8db damped Sonarguy -> this JSGME mod folder is missing the correct path:

current path: optional -8db damped Sonarguy\SoundMan

correct path: optional -8db damped Sonarguy\data\sound\speech\SoundMan

...disable this optional mod, fix the path, re enable ...done

Old 06-15-10, 05:32 PM   #10
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Found one small issue, manning the flak guns and setting the options for them to operate under in DW's UI mod has excellent sounds with your mod added. The problem I noticed is that when set to fire at will when having two planes attacking, the AI will continue shooting at one plane until its out of range even though the other plane is much closer (not your mod's fault). Well I will use my bino's to spot the closer target and give the order (spacebar) to attack it instead of having them wasting ammo on the target which is further away.

The problem with this is that as soon as I mark the plane I want them to shoot at, it goes through the entire sounds of manning the flak guns again... even though they're already manned and firing at the target.

Last edited by 7thSeal; 06-15-10 at 08:07 PM.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 10:08 PM   #11
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
Found one small issue, manning the flak guns and setting the options for them to operate under in DW's UI mod has excellent sounds with your mod added. The problem I noticed is that when set to fire at will when having two planes attacking, the AI will continue shooting at one plane until its out of range even though the other plane is much closer (not your mod's fault). Well I will use my bino's to spot the closer target and give the order (spacebar) to attack it instead of having them wasting ammo on the target which is further away.

The problem with this is that as soon as I mark the plane I want them to shoot at, it goes through the entire sounds of manning the flak guns again... even though they're already manned and firing at the target.
yes, iam sorry but this is connected in the game (you know they made it for the stupid casual gamer, so in case of "Bernard" wants to shoot at planes and forgot to man the AA guns, they get manned automaticaly) ...and this guys just tell us again... the customer have to be dumb... (and we are, because we buyed this casual ****)

Old 07-24-10, 04:51 AM   #12
swordfish1
Gunner

Downloads: 1172
Default File Sampling

Anyone know how to adjust individual wave file sampling to 22khz from 44khz as suggested above?
swordfish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-10, 04:24 AM   #13
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordfish1 View Post
Anyone know how to adjust individual wave file sampling to 22khz from 44khz as suggested above?
i would recommend using Steinberg`s WaveLab -> http://www.steinberg.net/en/products...6_details.html

Old 09-05-10, 12:28 PM   #14
rob zombie
Seaman

Downloads: 154

Hello is this useable with MightyFine_Crew_Mod_1.2.1 and if not what do i need to change to make it work?
rob zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-10, 07:24 PM   #15
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob zombie View Post
Hello is this useable with MightyFine_Crew_Mod_1.2.1 and if not what do i need to change to make it work?
...well, instead of eating information but reading it, you see it is a requirement

Tags
favorite