SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-10-20, 10:43 AM   #1
maillemaker
Sea Lord

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

I completed the installation. When I try to launch the game, I now get:

Before installation of TWOS, I ran the stock game, and it ran fine. I am using the Uplay version.

maillemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-21, 10:20 AM   #2
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Downloads: 313

Quote:
Originally Posted by maillemaker View Post
One thing I am noticing is that on 4K displays you cannot read the prompts.

Steve
Easy to be solved. Right click on the program icon. Then select " Properties ". Then select the " Compatibility " tab. In the window that will open select the " Chamge high DPI settings " tab.
In the windows that will open put the check mark on " Override high DPI scaling behaviour. " and then from the cascade menu select " System " ( By default is set on " Application " instead ). Click " Ok/Aplly " and than restart the program. This works for any program that you may have difficulties reading the prompts/writings on a 4K monitor ( Win 10 only obviously )
Viktor_Prien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 10:43 AM   #3
Katze
Loader

Downloads: 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_28054 View Post
Just upgraded from 2.0 2 weeks ago.

Ill be back with questions later. Just reassigned to Lorient.

Transfer reserve torpedoes while at sea. Would somebody care to explain?

I'm stopped, calm seas, ordered fore reserve torpedo to transfer to fore tubes. And its taking FOREVER! even on 256 speed its only at 94%

You need to activate the Torpedoman ability to transfer external torpedoes either by talking to him or hotkey F12.

Found this post in another thread answering the same question:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...86&postcount=6
Katze is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 10:50 AM   #4
Sandman_28054
Captain

Downloads: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katze View Post
You need to activate the Torpedoman ability to transfer external torpedoes either by talking to him or hotkey F12.

Found this post in another thread answering the same question:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...86&postcount=6
Have done that, it still takes up to 2 days to transfer 1 torpedo
Travelly's Harbor and Canal Pilot
Uboat_Snorkel_1_1_0 By The DarkWraith
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1.4 By TheBeast
Sandman_28054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 11:14 PM   #5
maillemaker
Sea Lord

NOTE:

The PDF of the Installation Instructions on the first post of this thread does not mention replacing the SH5.exe with the DVD version for Uplay/Steam versions.

I was following those instructions. When I followed the instructions that are installed when the modpack is installed, then it started working for me.

I believe replacing the SH5.exe was what was making it not work for me.

Steve
Old 11-15-20, 06:22 PM   #6
tusg43
Nub

Downloads: 3
Default Weird black box

I want to start with this mod at least looks awesome, unfortunately I haven't been able to play it yet. There is a black box in the upper left corner of the screen. there is now way to close it (it looks like map panel or something like that). Any ideas?
tusg43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-20, 07:42 PM   #7
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

tusg43!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-21, 09:19 PM   #8
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Downloads: 313

Maybe a stupid statement but it seems to me that both download links available here and in the other sticky TWoS thread redirect to the same download page so maybe worth closing/archieve this thread so to avoid possible confusion for Steam users? Just a suggestion.

LINK: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=4861

Last edited by Viktor_Prien; 02-09-21 at 09:28 PM.
Viktor_Prien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 01:20 PM   #9
Topp1967
Watch

Downloads: 124
Default Getting TWOS to Work

Hi Fellow Skippers

I used to run SH5 with TWOS mod no problem a year or so ago however when I decided to resume my career the game would not load. I then went to starting from scratch with a fresh install of game and mod, the game without mod works but when I install the mod the game loads but upon leaving the base screen I get a CTD.

I have endeavoured to follow the TWOS instructions to the letter when I substitute the mod exe file after mod installation there is no exe file in my game directory and when I click on KSD Commander I get must be located in root folder message.

I'm kind of at my wits end so if any kind soul could perhaps point me in the right direction I would be most grateful. For info my version of the game was the DVD which I purchased pretty much upon release but Ubisoft Connect describes it as Gold Edition.

Any help gratefully appreciated.
Topp1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 01:55 PM   #10
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topp1967 View Post
Hi Fellow Skippers

I used to run SH5 with TWOS mod no problem a year or so ago however when I decided to resume my career the game would not load. I then went to starting from scratch with a fresh install of game and mod, the game without mod works but when I install the mod the game loads but upon leaving the base screen I get a CTD.

I have endeavoured to follow the TWOS instructions to the letter when I substitute the mod exe file after mod installation there is no exe file in my game directory and when I click on KSD Commander I get must be located in root folder message.

I'm kind of at my wits end so if any kind soul could perhaps point me in the right direction I would be most grateful. For info my version of the game was the DVD which I purchased pretty much upon release but Ubisoft Connect describes it as Gold Edition.

Any help gratefully appreciated.
you said the game the dvd version i would try this let it replace the exe then try to reinstall TWoS might be a long shot but might work
http://www.mediafire.com/file/x48vge...5/sh5.zip/file
Old 05-02-22, 10:14 PM   #11
CaptStabbin
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 2
Default New Player

Hi, I downloaded the recent mod because of frustrations with the original game play. However is their some way I can edit something in reference to the damage page as they are in german. I get german ship german descriptions but if someone can point me in the right direction would be appreciated. I have fixed the the german voices to english from threads on this issue, but havent seen anything to point me in the right direction to fix this issue. I am new to this game even though owning for some time but stop playing for some years and thought I give it another go. Moreover, I do like the mod.

Thanks in advance.
CaptStabbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-22, 12:18 AM   #12
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

CaptStabbin!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-22, 01:17 PM   #13
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar Re: Welcome aboard...

CaptStabbin!
Old 02-22-23, 05:33 PM   #14
maillemaker
Sea Lord

I have noticed twice now that antisubmarine nets are floating in space.

The first was when I raided Scapa Flow. This is near Bergen.

Also, how do I adjust the accuracy of the WO range reporting? It is too sloppy right now. I know this was nerfed for realism but I am playing no map updates so I want more accuracy until I get the hang of range estimation myself.

Thanks,
Old 02-22-23, 07:41 PM   #15
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3227

Quote:
Originally Posted by maillemaker View Post
I have noticed twice now that antisubmarine nets are floating in space.

The first was when I raided Scapa Flow. This is near Bergen.

Also, how do I adjust the accuracy of the WO range reporting? It is too sloppy right now. I know this was nerfed for realism but I am playing no map updates so I want more accuracy until I get the hang of range estimation myself.

Thanks,
Are you using some other mods? I made some raids in Scapa and never see this. Also, now I´m in the Arctic campaign and in Bergen as base, never see this...
Use OFEV for change the WO accuracy.

Regards

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote