SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-22-12, 01:38 PM   #2971
teapot156
Watch

Downloads: 103
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEXUS_6 View Post
Many bugs in Zones.cfg are fixed. Now, Flooding time of ships works correctly. Induced explosion of cargoes is simulated as well.

Unexpected CTDs or unnatural sinking, torpedo cruising sounds may be caused by bad links of ship config files. "Renewal_of_OM_ships" may avoid such problems.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...hp?do=cat&id=9
Can I just use this with OM and OMEGU? I'm having the problems you are referring to.

It's a bit confusing trying to understand what I need to do to install the fix.
teapot156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-12, 02:25 AM   #2972
teapot156
Watch

Quote:
"New Submarine School" MUST be activated after installation of EAX Sound Simulation and SonarTargetFix mods.

I do not test my mod with Uboat II or after IX. If you want to drive Uboat II or IX, just copy and replace two DLL files, Zones.cfg. EAX Sound Simulation and SonarTargetFix mods are recommended. But you will not be able to see and hear some special effects in that case. They need library and ship configuration files.

Saved files are not playable after activation of the mod. Do not forget keep backup files.
Thanks for the reply.

In the sonartargetfix2 zip there are three different versions.
RFB, stock, and TMO.
Which one do I use for OM?
Old 01-24-12, 04:57 AM   #2973
jaxa
The Old Man

Downloads: 417

Kameraden, what's your opinion about weather in OM? I'm on patrol now, it's end of September 1939, but during all my route from Kiel to southern coast of Ireland I have good weather, full sun, no percipitations, light wind (up to 5 m/s), light fog and light or no clouds. Is it normal? Using SH3/GWX I would have rain and strong wind for sure, it's autumn and should be worse weather, don't you think?
jaxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-12, 03:26 PM   #2974
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

What time compression do you use, and how often do you drop out of it. It's been my experience in SH4 that the weather changes several times a day, but unless you randomly drop to 1x you can miss it.
Old 01-25-12, 01:07 PM   #2975
jaxa
The Old Man

Downloads: 417

Hmm, near coast I never go beyond 256x, going home (especially after successfull mision) up to 1024x, after every 3 hours 1x and look for ships or use hydrophone. Same values in SH3/GWX, but differences are very noticed.
jaxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-12, 01:07 PM   #2976
teapot156
Watch

Does anyone have an instability problems with OM and OMEGU running? If you do can you post some of your specs?

I'm trying to fix the problem or at least figure out whats causing it.

I'm running a steam version of the game on w7 64bit, and it seems to be crashing randomly on the campaign.

And by randomly I really do mean it's completely random. I've tried to reproduce a ctd in repetition and it just seems to have no pattern. I have no crashes for vanilla sh4 nor the u-boat exp missions and I was running for hours on the "submarine school" trying to learn the aobf wheel.

I'm playing April 1940,2nd fl,type IX,
Old 01-29-12, 10:30 AM   #2977
gi_dan2987
Weps

Downloads: 61

You know I play OM with OMEGU enabled, and I notice that with all my mods I'll sometimes get glitches in the text and textures. I notice that it doesn't happen as often when I turn down gamma, and when it does happen I just ALT+Tab to minimize the game to desktop, then maximize the game and that seems to solve the issue. What I don't like about OM is that SH4 was hardcoded to be in English, so the immersion factor is junk compared to SH3 with GWX3 enabled. Hope this helps!

gi_dan2987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-12, 11:27 AM   #2978
stefdza90
Nub

Downloads: 16

noob question - can i install this mod on vanilla sh4?
stefdza90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-12, 12:16 PM   #2979
gi_dan2987
Weps

Downloads: 61

No question is a dumb question. That's what the forum is here for. Operation Monsun is a mod for SH4 patched to version 1.5 which is the U Boat missions add on. You must purchase this separately from Ubisoft and download it over vanilla version 1.4 In case you're wondering, here is a link with many great mods on it. I've downloaded and played them all, Real Fleet Boat 2.0 being my favorite! http://silenthunter.filefront.com/fi...jor_Mods;11441

Welcome Aboard!
gi_dan2987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-12, 11:13 PM   #2980
teapot156
Watch

Quote:
CTD depends on the case. It's not easy to explain how to lower the frequency of CTD in several words. For example, Bad configurations of Zones.cfg file make some ships sunk and hydrophone freeze as well, although one change the un- (one thought so) related parameters in Zones.cfg. It's just like memory leaks in PC programming...
I appreciate you trying to help me fix the issues. I'm back to playing sh3 w/ GWX for the time being but, I'd be lying to say im not a little bit sad I can't fire up some OM.

I had finally got the whole attack wheel thing all sorted out and was going to start a brand new 1939 campaign going for the full realism.

With the random crashing it's pretty tough to really get into it and not worrying about stability or saving.

It's pretty strange considering it's such a newer platform, one would think it wouldn't have many problems.
Old 01-31-12, 01:27 PM   #2981
kstanb
Sparky

Downloads: 105

Just wanted to say that Karamazov's KiUB targeting wheel works amazing;

does anybody knows the formulas involved to convert stadimeter degrees into range (meters)?

the reason I am asking is because I would like to build a table of ranges at different stadia degrees (if that is the right term) for the most common ship heights (which for merchants are are 27m, 29m ... I still need to find a good average for destroyers) to have it on hand for quick reference

Something like:

Stadia degrees / Range@27M / Range@29M
1 / 10,000 / 8,000
1.5 / 8,000 / 7,500
2.5 / 5,500 / 4,000
18 / 600 / 400

Two main reasons to doing so:
first, KiUB wheel cannot be used while at "paused". sometimes I am in a hurry and I simply don't have the time to get a clear range through the use of the wheel
second, I would like to guess ranges when at very long ranges; and only when close enough, ask the crew to identify the target

Last edited by kstanb; 01-31-12 at 01:42 PM.
kstanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-12, 12:42 AM   #2982
teapot156
Watch

Yeah kstanb all those figures are pretty subjective for every boat because each one has its respective length and mast height. You'd have to make a pretty big table
Old 02-01-12, 08:06 AM   #2983
kstanb
Sparky

Downloads: 105

As long as you select no more than 10 "typical" mast heights, the table will be manageable; and this is very easy in OM, because most of the "MMFM" ships have very standard heights; close to 27/ 30 meters

and for finding range, only mast height is important; length is not needed

Last edited by kstanb; 02-01-12 at 09:47 AM.
kstanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-12, 08:13 AM   #2984
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
It's been my experience in SH4 that the weather changes several times a day, but unless you randomly drop to 1x you can miss it.
Or you can click on the Weather icon during TC and get an update on it and drop to 1x then if you like.

Back in the Day

Last edited by ReallyDedPoet; 02-01-12 at 08:27 AM.
ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-12, 12:16 PM   #2985
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Anyone have a mod that increases your crew's visual ability? No radar in 1941 and find it very difficult to set up a plot because my crew is blind.I can see ships off in the distance but they cant, really messed up a chance at an attack on a convoy at night since had no plot do to their lack of visual ability.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote