SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-06-10, 12:40 AM   #2881
jwilliams
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Do you have the latest Service Pack and XML updates?
As far as i know... yes

Windows is set to auto update....

I have windows XP service pack 3

and msxml 4.0 sp2

Last edited by jwilliams; 06-06-10 at 12:57 AM.
jwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 01:19 AM   #2882
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

That's how I see it with Win7 64bit.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 01:26 AM   #2883
jwilliams
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post

That's how I see it with Win7 64bit.

so i guess im missing a font or something?
Maybe a lanuage font?

but would that effect the ability for TDW's UI to load the ships's log file into game and the editor?????

Edit: i've installed all the optional lanuage packs from my xp disk and now i see the the font correctly in TheBeasts rank.

Still the editor for ship's journal says "unable to read" when i try to load a ships journal file. ?????

Guess i was barking up the wrong tree.

Any ideas what else i could try????

Last edited by jwilliams; 06-06-10 at 02:11 AM.
jwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 07:06 AM   #2884
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
As far as i know... yes

Windows is set to auto update....

I have windows XP service pack 3

and msxml 4.0 sp2
Trying to be helpful here: I know that with my system the "Windows set to auto update" is utterly worthless when it comes to updating drivers. I went two years on my new laptop here thinking all my drivers were being updated because windows was set to auto update.

Windows auto updates windows nice.. but does NOT update video drivers, audio drivers... any drivers other than just windows programing stuff.

I had to go to each manufacturer (video card, audio card, etc) and check.... found out there were dozens of updates that never were installed... My entire system improved 300% after manually going in and installing all the updates myself.

McHub532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 08:37 AM   #2885
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
so i guess im missing a font or something?
Maybe a lanuage font?

but would that effect the ability for TDW's UI to load the ships's log file into game and the editor?????

I'm at a loss. The code reads a string from the file and then DateTime parses that string to get the date time stamp of that entry. If there's an error while parsing that string then you get the error you're seeing. If it's able to parse it then the code reads another string from the file (the entry text). Cycle repeats for however many entries there are.

Fingers point to DateTime. Don't know if there are regional settings (locale) that effect DateTime or not. Does your computer have the following file installed Mscorlib.dll? What version of the .NET framework do you have installed on your computer?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 08:46 AM   #2886
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

...another request

what you have done regarding optional not auto rising the attack scope... would it be possible to have the same option for the OBS scope ?

...that would enable to add the 3d periscope sound much more comfortable

the diesel startup sequence using the "R" key manualy or also automatic work fine, so the only other request is to add this tube door opening sound.

if you like, deliver the sound sample of my DBSM 1.2 beta package i send you allready, this is much more easy.

it would be nice if you could confirm, so i can release my new DBSM collection.

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 10:33 AM   #2887
jwilliams
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Does your computer have the following file installed Mscorlib.dll? What version of the .NET framework do you have installed on your computer?
Mscorlib.dll = Yes C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386

Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 SP1
Update for Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 SP1 (KB963707)
Hotfix for Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 SP1 (KB958484)
Hotfix for Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 SP1 (KB953595)

I'll try different regional settings, see if that makes any difference.

and if it doesn't, I can work around it. I can make a new journal file for each game session.
Old 06-06-10, 03:40 PM   #2888
LeBabouin
Mate

Downloads: 12

Quote:
Still the editor for ship's journal says "unable to read" when i try to load a ships journal file. ?????

Guess i was barking up the wrong tree.

You could try to open with Wordpad, copy/paste all the content in a fresh new .txt (right clic, new, text file) file and save it as <your log file name>. That should remove all the carriage return chars that we can see in front each entry of your "testing" screenshot.

Last edited by LeBabouin; 06-07-10 at 02:30 AM.
LeBabouin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 10:11 PM   #2889
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Since I have follow target and got the mast height working, the next thing I wanted to implement was another way to determine target speed. Currently you have the SH4 way of determining speed (take a range reading, wait some period of time, take another range reading and then the XO will tell you the speed). Specifically I was wanting the SH3 style speed determination. SH3 style speed determination had you lock onto the target (follow target in this case), take an initial range reading, set the target's AOB, then click on the start timing icon. After you let it time for whatever period you wanted you click the timing icon again and speed was shown. Well I've made that for SH5 now Antar gave me the formula to use so big thanks to him
A new order category icon has been added to WEPS. It's just to the right of follow target and it's tooltip says 'Determine target speed'. If you have follow target enabled (you are following a target) then the new determine speed icon is available (otherwise it's disabled). Clicking it will highlight it gold and a message will display in the messagebox saying 'Determining target speed'. Once you've let it time for the period you're wanting you click the new icon again to cease timing and get the target's speed. When you do a new message will appear in the messagebox saying 'Target speed is x knots' (in my screenshot below I have to add knots to the message yet - just caught that error). The speed accuracy is only as accurate as your range estimate and AOB input. It's best to let it time for at least 30 seconds and it's best to have the target broadside for best speed measurements.

NOTE: this does not automatically set the speed in the TDC or in the XO TDC dialog box! I have not been able to set the TDC speed dial with code yet. Thus you will have to take the speed given and input it into the TDC speed dial or input it into the XO TDC dialog box.
Old 06-07-10, 08:29 PM   #2890
pythos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 46

Darkwraith.

The work you have done is amazing, it is making this game so much better, and you are giving us so many options.

Thank you for the work.
pythos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-10, 08:34 PM   #2891
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Default Keep Sub Centered in MAP Buttons

Splitting the NAV and TAI Map "Keep Sub Centered in MAP" button in to two sepporate buttons is working great!

Tested the Following:
TAI-Map Free : Nav-MAP free = PASS
TAI-Map Centered : Nav-MAP free = PASS
TAI-Map Centered : Nav-MAP Centered = PASS
TAI-Map Free : Nav-MAP Centered = PASS

I am also really enjoying the fact that my Attack Periscope does not automatically raise every time I enter that camera view anymore. I have been busted so many times from my scope being spotted after exiting and returning to that camera view because I alway forget to lower the Scope when I leave.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-10, 09:23 PM   #2892
ShoCkwaVe
Bosun

Downloads: 27
Default remove message clipboard popups

Is there a way to currently toggle lock the updated messages ui popups
on/off?

I noticed that when I time warp the messages popup anoyance in the bottom right corner expands and when I go back to normal time x1 it auto toggles back to a minimized setting..

so if there is a way to keep it locked or toggle locked depending on the message height I choose to drag it to that would be great.. I am getting carple tunnel from clicking it.

I think 3 lines of messages is all I care to see.

thanks
ShoCkwaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-10, 09:30 PM   #2893
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Line 247 onwards of the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py:

Quote:
# the hotkey used to toggle the messagebox visibility
# Format:
#
# DisplayTheMessageBoxHotKey = [ False, None ]
# False = enabled
# None = key used
#
# if you wanted to enable this:
# DisplayTheMessageBoxHotKey = [ True, MenuKeyManagerWrapper.Keys.L ]
#
# if you wanted to disable this:
# DisplayTheMessageBoxHotKey = [ False, MenuKeyManagerWrapper.Keys.L ]
#
DisplayTheMessageBoxHotKey = [ True, MenuKeyManagerWrapper.Keys.U ] # change the L to whatever key you want

# to toggle the messagebox between minimized and maximized states use the hotkey used to toggle visibility with the shift key

# at what TDC mode do we ensure the messagebox is shown and maximized (it will show when the TC level is greater than or equal to this value)?
ShowMessageBoxAndExpandAtTCLevel = 32

# when we drop below the ShowMessageBoxAndExpandAtTCLevel do we restore the messagebox?
RestoreMessageBoxAfterTCLevel = True

# number of messages to keep in the messageboxlist. After this number is exceeded, the oldest message is removed from the list. Stock value is 20
NumberMessagesToKeepInMessageBox = 20

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-10, 10:59 PM   #2894
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoCkwaVe View Post
Is there a way to currently toggle lock the updated messages ui popups
on/off? so if there is a way to keep it locked or toggle locked depending on the message height I choose to drag it to that would be great.. I am getting carple tunnel from clicking it. I think 3 lines of messages is all I care to see.
There are 2 ways you can do this: 1) there is a toggle button towards the top on the right hand side of the messagebox. This toggle button will set the new maximized state of it. So if you grab the top with your mouse and drag it down to make it smaller and set it to the size you want and then click that toggle it will never grow bigger than that size or 2) you can set the options in the option file like kylania has posted and set ShowMessageBoxAndExpandAtTCLevel to some high TC level like 4096 or something (power of 2's only!). Setting it to that high value will cause the code to ignore the messagebox under that TC level.
Old 06-07-10, 11:15 PM   #2895
pythos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 46

The Beast.

Those squares with numbers are windows way of dealing with characters it does not have the fonts for.

On my screen they appear as Japanese Kanji due to the fact I enabled that setting on my windows.

You can google how to enable them and do it yourself. Then, you can say Bye Bye to those squares.
pythos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui