Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-22, 08:44 AM   #2836
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

As Moscow's forces retreat from areas near Kyiv, evidence of civilian killings is mounting.

Reporters in the town of Bucha, outside Kyiv, have found at least 20 bodies strewn in the streets.

Ukraine's foreign minister has called killings in Bucha a deliberate massacre.

"It looks exactly like war crimes," says a Ukrainian presidential adviser of images coming out of the towns of Bucha, Hostomel and Irpin.

Thick black smoke has covered the skies over the strategic southern port city of Odesa, after Russian air strikes this morning.

Russia claims it targeted oil facilities in the region that Ukraine was using to supply its troops. Ukraine has reported no casualties.

Meanwhile, Ukraine says its forces have retaken the entire region around Kyiv, as Russian forces withdraw from key towns.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 04-03-22, 09:14 AM   #2837
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-03-22, 09:30 AM   #2838
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Doesn't it come down to the mentality of the ordinary soldier and their officers ? Didn't they act the same way during WWII ?
And since before WWII, since always, so to speak. I posted on the issue a week ago or so.

Quote:
The Ukrainian denies they have done it and thinking about on the Russian skills in creating false flag operation I tend to believe the Ukrainian.
There is video showing low flying Hi-24 at that depot and I do not see a false flag interest of Russia there. Lets keep it simple. It probably is what it looks like: a Ukrainian air raid successfully done. The Ukrainians do not want to verbally escalate, if that is possible. If they admit they did the attack, Russia can take that as a confession of guilt justifying new "measurements". Its all about formality here.

The whole war is absurd. Russia still delivers gas to Europe. Europe delivers weapons to Russia'S war opponent. Russia dleivers gas through the Ukraine. The Ukraine takes transfer fees being used to fight Russia, also buying weapons from European companies directly with these fees. The whole contellation is bizarr, unreal. It cannot get much more absurd.
Old 04-03-22, 09:38 AM   #2839
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

The whole war is absurd. Russia still delivers gas to Europe. Europe delivers weapons to Russia'S war opponent. Russia dleivers gas through the Ukraine. The Ukraine takes transfer fees being used to fight Russia, also buying weapons from European companies directly with these fees. The whole contellation is bizarr, unreal. It cannot get much more absurd.
Aye crazy

Old 04-03-22, 09:38 AM   #2840
Skybird
Soaring

For the first time ever NATO has activated its Rapid Response Force and will deploy major parts of this 40+thousand combat-ready formation to Eastern Europe. This force is claimed to have a readiness level that allows first spearhead units to deploy within 48 hours. The US has set up to 12 thousand troops on increased readiness for deployment with that force.
Old 04-03-22, 09:41 AM   #2841
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
For the first time ever NATO has activated its Rapid Response Force and will deploy major parts of this 40+thousand combat-ready formation to Eastern Europe. This force is claimed to have a readiness level that allows first spearhead units to deploy within 48 hours.
Wasn't that a month ago?

Old 04-03-22, 09:53 AM   #2842
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Wasn't that a month ago?
The video here, NBC gives it as Breaking News for April 3rd.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...bone-rcna22622

Edit.
The text site is of April 3rd,but the video is from February 26th. I sensed something was strange, but I did not get it. You gotta young mind, Jim!
Old 04-03-22, 10:01 AM   #2843
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Yep, this one is dated 25th February https://www.thenationalnews.com/worl...stern-borders/

Old 04-03-22, 11:13 AM   #2844
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...78e724dfb802be

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 04-03-22, 11:22 AM   #2845
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Vlad the Bastard, using negotiations as a time delay to regroup, isn't playing by any rules;
Quote:
"playing 4 all the marbles in WWIII"

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 04-03-22, 12:46 PM   #2846
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-03-22, 12:59 PM   #2847
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-03-22, 01:36 PM   #2848
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

So, I've been thinking..

Anyone remember this movie?

Andrew Dice Clay had a great line when he said, "Get ready for the most embarrassing half hour of your life".

Assuming we all don't empty the ICBM silos and ruin a perfectly good planet, I can't figure out a way for Putin to avoid living in a storm drain or going on trial in The Hague.

Now, I'm an old fart on a VA pension. If I can figure this out, what do you suppose the The Duma is thinking in Moscow?

Old 04-03-22, 01:44 PM   #2849
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
"Russia's super tanks"? Its a video about the T-72, which is, even in its newest versions, in no way a super tank anymore. It lived up to its intended purpose when it was fielded, but that fielding is half a century ago!

Not mentioning the limited visibility and scopes in even the newest mods of the T-72.

By design decision on display, the Armata may be a super tank with some revolutonary design details, and I do not give to much in the breakdown in one of the earliest produced models during that parade 2015, such things could happen and do happen to Wedstern armies as well: just look at the long list of teething problems of Western fighters, transports and naval units. But we have not seen the Armata in combat in the Ukraine, or have we? If so, still much would depend on the doctrine deciding its tactical use, and the skill of the tactical leaders. The best tank is not living up to its expectations if the commanders handle it tactically bad.
Old 04-03-22, 04:58 PM   #2850
Skybird
Soaring

Ukraine has asked Germany to give it 100 old Marder IFVs (that are being replaced by Pumas and Lynx anyway).

Guess what the German defence ministry said.

Instead there will be a "sanction package 5" that targets more people from Putin's closer circle, and some more banks. Wowh. I imagined how it would feel to now have one single poetic tear in my left eye (left, the side of emotions, intuition and creativity), that much moved I was. Dont they tell men all the time to stand by their weaknesses?

At the same time Scholz insisted in a statement that Germany continues to deliver the ukraine weapons "so that it can defend itself." - ...???