SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-14-20, 06:22 AM   #2806
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

More than one in five deaths being seen in England and Wales is linked to coronavirus, figures show.

The Office for National Statistics data showed the virus was mentioned on 3,475 death certificates in the week ending 3 April.

It helped push the total number of deaths seen in that week to more than 16,000 - a record high and 6,000 more than expected at this time of year.

Normally the number of deaths falls as winter ends.

This is because there is less flu circulating.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52278825

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 08:59 AM   #2807
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
More than one in five deaths being seen in England and Wales is linked to coronavirus, figures show.

The Office for National Statistics data showed the virus was mentioned on 3,475 death certificates in the week ending 3 April.

It helped push the total number of deaths seen in that week to more than 16,000 - a record high and 6,000 more than expected at this time of year.

Normally the number of deaths falls as winter ends.

This is because there is less flu circulating.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52278825
This is of course not a normal year ... personally my year changed a week after the super bowl with what I thought was the flu ... which may later be attributed to the virus after I take the new anti-body test coming out then I will know, but now they say that you still have a chance of getting the virus even after you had it once

I like to point out to my friends that complain the flu is worse than the Covid-19 virus ...

"Show me how many doctors and nurses are dying from the flu" and I will show you the difference.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 09:54 AM   #2808
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

With his latest triumph, Trumpman has joined DC's marvel heroes, no doubt. Superman flies. The Hulk gets green. Batman is clever in electronics. But only Trumpman is the non-faked Alpha and Omega.

Most glorious narcissist I have ever witnessed. Narcissism - and an extra-large dosis of revisionism.
Old 04-14-20, 10:21 AM   #2809
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
With his latest triumph, Trumpman has joined DC's marvel heroes, no doubt. Superman flies. The Hulk gets green. Batman is clever in electronics. But only Trumpman is the non-faked Alpha and Omega.

Most glorious narcissist I have ever witnessed. Narcissism - and an extra-large dosis of revisionism.
It's hard to understand how people that hate President Trump can even hear a word he says
or achievement

Old 04-14-20, 10:24 AM   #2810
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-14-20, 10:30 AM   #2811
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The latest UK figures show 778 more people have died in hospital.

The pandemic has plunged the world into a "crisis like no other", the IMF says.

The UK economy could shrink by 35% if the lockdown lasts three months, a tax watchdog warns.

Care homes in the UK have been 'left behind' with little access to testing and PPE.

Dozens of countries could see measles outbreaks as children are not immunised on time amid the pandemic, Unicef warns.

Old 04-14-20, 11:03 AM   #2812
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Dozens of countries could see measles outbreaks as children are not immunised on time amid the pandemic, Unicef warns.
Samoa measles outbreak

In fact this just happened on the island of Samoa where only 20% had been vaccinated due to superstition against it.

Quote:
The 2019 Samoa measles outbreak began in September 2019. As of 6 January 2020, there were over 5,700 cases of measles and 83 deaths, out of a Samoan population of 200,874. Over three percent of the population were infected. The cause of the outbreak was attributed to decreased vaccination rates, from 74% in 2017 to 34% in 2018, even though nearby islands had rates near 99%.
or achievement

Old 04-14-20, 11:08 AM   #2813
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I noticed early on how all of the freeze dried food had been scooped up by people preparing for the long term. Today I was perusing sites like Midway, Cheaper Than Dirt, Buffalo Arms looking at .45 colt ammo. Seems even that is getting and harder to come by.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 11:10 AM   #2814
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-14-20, 11:14 AM   #2815
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I noticed early on how all of the freeze dried food had been scooped up by people preparing for the long term. Today I was perusing sites like Midway, Cheaper Than Dirt, Buffalo Arms looking at .45 colt ammo. Seems even that is getting and harder to come by.
I had saved an old bookmark on Amazon of an exercise bike that looks like a chopper bike for only $129 ... went back yesterday and the price is now $245
or achievement

Old 04-14-20, 11:49 AM   #2816
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
It's hard to understand how people that hate President Trump can even hear a word he says

Look I'll be honest our president has a tendency to insert his foot in his mouth IMO more often than not. But for me whats even more disconcerting is peoples obsession with him. Even harder to fathom is the delusion he could have prevented the spread of the virus, as if we're the only nation on earth with it. Its crazy.

There is as I speak a multitude of millions upon millions of people on this planet earth that are just itching to get back to traveling around the world once restrictions are eased. Like COVID-19 the next virus, God forbid, will be making its rounds long before we know about it. I dont doubt most will initially attribute it to just a really bad flu season like they did with this one before they figure out whats going on. So buck up its not the first pandemic and wont be the last. What have YOU done to prepare for it?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 12:29 PM   #2817
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Default Tummy Time

In some cases of CovID19 flipping the patient on their tummies has brought their O2 Sat levels up. Cool that they found this out.
Old 04-14-20, 12:48 PM   #2818
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Look I'll be honest our president has a tendency to insert his foot in his mouth IMO more often than not. But for me whats even more disconcerting is peoples obsession with him. Even harder to fathom is the delusion he could have prevented the spread of the virus, as if we're the only nation on earth with it. Its crazy.
Trrue, also all governments did not exactly shine when it came to this.
Politicians and "leaders" were probaby quite dumb when it comes to listening to expert reports and advice, so this is not only true for the US president.

It is a bit different though
a) to boast with having the absolute super genius knowledge (ok no one took this serious) about this flu, and
b) to accuse and blame others for own shortcomings all the time.
Even if you can get a good laugh out of that, it is embarrassing - for the one who said it.

We just heard that turkish "president" Erdoghan said "the superior genes of the turkish race are immune against the virus". I guess the numbers of the dead from Turkey can be regarded as "serious" as those of China or Russia, for that matter.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 12:50 PM   #2819
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post

We just heard that turkish "president" Erdoghan said "the superior genes of the turkish race are immune against the virus". I guess the numbers of then dead from Turkey can be regarded as "serious" as those of China, or Russia for that matter.
QFT

Old 04-14-20, 12:51 PM   #2820
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
It is a bit differnt though
a) to boast with having the absolute super genius knowledge (ok no one took this serious) about this flu, and
b) to accuse and blame others for own shortcomings all the time.
And this is a departure from his normal behavior?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan