Closed Thread

Old 03-26-22, 08:28 PM   #2686
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
US isolationists see a Democrat starting another war by getting involved in European "politics", while at the same time saying if Trump was president, Putin would have been too scared to start the damned war in the first place. I wonder if Trump still thinks Putin is smart?
don't know if i would call myself a isolationists or not but i read the other day biden said if putnuts use chemicals or nuclear on Ukraine we would retaliate now this not my backyard so it the folks in Europe backyard they should take point with US backing them
Old 03-26-22, 09:03 PM   #2687
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorpet View Post
We were told here in America his starlink would provide millions of people cheap internet service. If what you say is true he is a lie.He is nothing more than a globalist hack. And would turn those satellites on everyday citizens to control them.And the government would guide their drones right down on any citizens house the local government hacks think need to be destroyed.I can only see the death of the children and old folks.If starlink can control these type of missiles then starlink needs to be destroyed and it's creator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
You just have to visit Subsim more often .I’ve pointed out what Skybird said long before the first satellites even went into space. Just last year I mentioned DARPA and Project Blackjack. Oh yes some may have withheld information, or didn’t do their homework, but nobody lied.

Ya got to admit it’s some pretty high speed low level sneaky Pete kinda sheet. Betcha it was used to locate generals using cell phones with pin point accuracy
To my friend Gorpet, Something else to look into is Project Thor basically it’s a weaponized meteor strike. Like a nuke but without the fallout. I remember when it was just a penny stock

Bring me Putin! lol but let’s face it, it’s probably more devastating than Hollywood could ever imagine.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-27-22 at 12:49 AM.
Rockstar is online  
Old 03-27-22, 05:12 AM   #2688
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-27-22, 05:13 AM   #2689
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-27-22, 05:15 AM   #2690
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The White House says President Biden was not calling for regime change when he said Vladimir Putin "cannot remain in power"

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken has reiterated this stance during a speech in Jerusalem.

"The president's point was that Putin cannot be allowed to exercise power over his neighbours or the region," an official said.

The Kremlin responded by saying: "That's not for Biden to decide - the president of Russia is elected by Russians"

The western city of Lviv, which had been spared the worst of the fighting, has come under heavy rocket fire.

The mayor of Chernihiv says the northern Ukrainian city is now completely encircled by Russian forces.

The developments come despite Russia saying it would focus its invasion on the east.

Old 03-27-22, 06:57 AM   #2691
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Oh if only someone would assassinate PooTin!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online  
Old 03-27-22, 08:49 AM   #2692
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

It seems like there are a tendency to substantiate Russian bombing among civilians in Ukraine by saying USA did and do the same in Syria.

I can't remember USA having bombed a hospital on purpose in Syria !

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 03-27-22, 11:15 AM   #2693
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
The Kremlin responded by saying: "That's not for Biden to decide - the president of Russia is elected by Russians".

The developments come despite Russia saying it would focus its invasion on the east.
A bit of a double standard then?!! Apparently Vlad the Bastard can decide the puppet-rulers in Ukraine, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania...and Moldava as he seeks to restore the Iron Curtain? @ Reece: as I timorously pointed out in an earlier post, we can't asßaßinate the bugger! He's doing most of our work for us. As with cancellation of Operation Foxley, (sniping Hitler at his mountain retreat, it was decided his poor leadership was of greater benefit to the Allies)! Megalomaniac Putin, illegally deporting Ukrainan citizens to Russia, false-flag attacks, murder squads in disguise seeking Zelenski, Chechen and Syrian mercenaries, and total lies before the planet ala the neo-Nazis he purports to be eliminating, is more useful alive: I'd hate for the Russians to find someone competent! Plus, I'd prefer to see him wigglin' on a rope...after his trial at the Hague for war crimes.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 03-27-22, 12:30 PM   #2694
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 03-27-22, 01:06 PM   #2695
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Now I'm curious Why did this Swedish JAS 39 fly the route shown in the video clip and cross the Russian border ? I know that the Swedish pilot use to fly very close the Russian border near Kaliningrad when they are flying above the Baltic sea

The plane shown in the picture isn't a JAS 39 Gripen

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 03-27-22, 01:15 PM   #2696
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Now I'm curious Why did this Swedish JAS 39 fly the route shown in the video clip and cross the Russian border ? I know that the Swedish pilot use to fly very close the Russian border near Kaliningrad when they are flying above the Baltic sea

The plane shown in the picture isn't a JAS 39 Gripen

Markus

No, It's an F-22 Raptor
Old 03-27-22, 01:28 PM   #2697
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
No, It's an F-22 Raptor
A fighter jet many countries, including Sweden would love to get their hand on. But it's not for sale to other countries.

Sweden toke part in some exercise with other NATO members over the Baltic States.

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 03-27-22, 01:50 PM   #2698
tmccarthy
Admiral

Downloads: 270
Uploads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
I couldn't agree more. I will ask you this since you are putting together the map of NATO expansion and may have more insight. This is also an open question to our other Subsim members.

NATO started to expand eastward after the breakup of the Soviet Union / Fall of Communism in 1991. Why then did NATO need to expand Eastward ?
Wouldn't it have been better to show a sign of Good Faith and leave the current members numbers as they were ? Certainly, the U.S and other European countries like Germany and Great Britain and others could have worked with the former Soviet Bloc countries like Poland that had been in the sphere of Influence behind the Iron Curtain. This would not require membership in NATO.

I am a U.S Citizen, born and bred but I also think we have mishandled a number of things very badly. The above may be one such blunder.
"Why then did NATO need to expand Eastward ?"

I've never known an answer for that and I've been looking back into that for an answer since the War in Ukraine started a few weeks ago. I stopped following news re international politics in the early 2000s so I had a lot of catching up to do. My last memory from the early 2000s was hearing the Baltics states had been admitted to NATO and thinking, "that sounds crazy, that is exactly how you start a war in Europe." I assumed the answer for NATO expansion was going to be the left and the right in American politics continuing policies from the cold war. Questions like, "Why did Bill Clinton initiate NATO expansion?", "Why did Barrack Obama of all people take such a leading role in this confrontation?" has led me to see that the liberal left this time actually had the leading role. Just after I posted this a few days ago I was pointed to the "Wolfowitz Doctrine" from the early 90s and now see part of the conservative rights side. It is clear to me now that US policy for the last 30 years has been at least not the best path to achieve peace, largely misguided and even dangerous. The possible conclusion was so sad and disappointing I took the last few days off from exhaustion.

My conclusion is something like this: Since the end of the cold war for 30 years three groups in Washington from within Neo-conservatives, the liberal left, and members of Republican and Democratic presidential administrations with ethnic/Jewish ties to eastern Europe have used NATO expansion in order to defend Eastern Europe and drive America into a confrontation with Russia.

I've just learned most of this in the last few weeks or even days and believe me, I know it's a lot and I've been struggling with it the entire time. None of my family or friends want to even hear that I'm uncomfortable with the amount of possible responsibility America may have in this war. Here's a playlist of sources if you want to look into this. Senator Bill Bradely (D) video from 2008 is probably the best explanation I've found re the history and issues with the expansion of NATO.

I don't know what good this will do now, but since we are talking about WW3 and nuclear war I want to at least try and understand what's really going on.

Expansion of NATO military alliance playlist:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...v5N5YcJDJFIPa1

-Tim McCarthy
"another U.S citizen" and veteran US Army
Old 03-27-22, 02:42 PM   #2699
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

So what about the russian narrative that the Ukraine would have been overrun by "Nazis"?
The word "denazify" appears in russian propaganda since the first russian invasion into Ukraine in 2014.

Putin's propaganda is targeted towards Russians for whom remembrance of the Soviet Union's victory over Nazi Germany remains perhaps the single most powerful element of a unifying national identity.
Putin is looking to the past to create motivation in the present.

"What the regime is doing is using the memory of the war, and the very deep feelings it arouses to legitimise its military actions not only in Ukraine but in many other places as well."

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 03-27-22, 02:52 PM   #2700
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Sounds familiar.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Closed Thread