SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-25-13, 10:10 PM   #256
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456
Uploads: 0

Gap,

Running your mod this way:
DynEnv v2.9 - 1. Main Mod
DynEnv v2.9 - 3.b Enhanced Visibility (high)
DynEnv v2.9 - No Underwater Impurity Patch
DynEnv v2.9 - 5.c Ambient Settings - Darker Nights-No Murky Waters
DynEnv v2.9 - 8.b Wave Mechanics - Gale
DynEnv v2.9 - 12. Sounds

...because of No Underwater Impurity Patch needed to solve the square underwater glitch, obviously i lost all kind of underwater environment light and impurities. Is there a way to get it back without loosing enhanced visibily high, and not braking your fix for the square glitch?
Hope you understand what i mean, and don't sound too stupid
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-13, 05:27 AM   #257
Delta Wolf
Engineer

Downloads: 155

Hey Guys,

Just looking for a little bit of advice please, so im new to Silent Hunter and want to install a few mods.

My question is does the download of "Dynamic Environment" include "
Stoianm Atlantic Blue water color" in with that mod?
Or do i have to download it separate?

I really like the look of both of these mods but do not want to mess up the game on my first try

Thanks

Delta Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-13, 07:56 AM   #258
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
...because of No Underwater Impurity Patch needed to solve the square underwater glitch, obviously i lost all kind of underwater environment light and impurities.
Is there a way to get it back without loosing enhanced visibily high, and not braking your fix for the square glitch?
You can either:

- replace Enhanced Visibility (high)
+ No Underwater Impurity Patch with Enhanced Visibility (medium) or...
- remove data/Misc/impurity.dds from Enhanced Visibility (high) and re-enable it without No Underwater Impurity Patch.

Let me know if you are satisfied with one of the above configurations. If not, tell me more in detail what is the effect you want to obtain, and I will suggest you the needed tweaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiberiusXIV View Post
My question is does the download of "Dynamic Environment" include "
Stoianm Atlantic Blue water color" in with that mod?
Yes and no.

DynEnv features a mix of water color settings which ranges from the greyish-murky green waters of Baltic and North Sea waters, to the cobalt blue of Atlantic open waters, to the emerald green of Mediterranean and tropical seas. In total, there are 12 different color zones, and at leat 6 of them feature a distinctive water colour pattern. Having been set up by stoianm himself, it is likely that one of the above zones got the same settings as "Stoianm Atlantic Blue water color", though I cannot be sure about it.

Quote:
Or do i have to download it separate?

I really like the look of both of these mods but do not want to mess up the game on my first try
In theory, "Stoianm Atlantic Blue water color" should still be compatible with DynEnv, anyway I wouldn't recommend using it together with DynEnv
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-13, 08:41 AM   #259
Delta Wolf
Engineer

Downloads: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post

Yes and no.

DynEnv features a mix of water color settings which ranges from the greyish-murky green waters of Baltic and North Sea waters, to the cobalt blue of Atlantic open waters, to the emerald green of Mediterranean and tropical seas. In total, there are 12 different color zones, and at leat 6 of them feature a distinctive water colour pattern. Having been set up by stoianm himself, it is likely that one of the above zones got the same settings as "Stoianm Atlantic Blue water color", though I cannot be sure about it.

In theory, "Stoianm Atlantic Blue water color" should still be compatible with DynEnv, anyway I wouldn't recommend using it together with DynEnv

Thanks for the reply Gap, Dynamic Environment sounds like it has everything in that mod so i'll just stick to that one.

Thanks again
Delta Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-13, 09:03 AM   #260
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Gap, Dynamic Environment sounds like it has everything in that mod so i'll just stick to that one.

Thanks again
Welcome to the best forum on the internet Tiberius
Your choice above is a wise one
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-13, 09:13 AM   #261
gap
Navy Seal

Hi guys,

I have just received a PM by our tonschk:

Quote:
Hello, thank you for the very good job you have done with SH5, please can you tell me how can I change the two different colors of the water on the sea surface to become just one colour, I want to get rid of the phosphorescent color (see postimage below) , thank you very much for your help Gap

Thought I would share it with the community, as someone else might dislike this effect (I just hope tonschk is okay with me doing it ).

To my understanding, te above might come from WaterFoamFilmColorMulti parameters in dat/Env/EnvColors_*.cfg files. For getting rid of it, you should replace their settings (the part after the = sign) with the setting of the corresponding WaterTintColorMulti parameters.

E.g, change this:

Code:
WaterTintColorMulti=C0C9D100
WaterFoamFilmColorMulti=7EAB9700
with this:

Code:
WaterTintColorMulti=C0C9D100
WaterFoamFilmColorMulti=C0C9D100
Note that the above parameters are present in many copies, one for each sun angle/weather type of the featured environment color zones, so make sure you are editing the appropriate entries.

In addition, talking more speifically about the banner of DynEn v 2.9 used as example by tonschk, I think that the usage of the "Clear Water Surface" submod might have enhanced the effect.
Old 04-26-13, 10:28 AM   #262
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

.. Gap, you are my HERO Thank you

To be exact, there are three colors there, the color of the foam, and two colors of the water surface, do you think is possible to edit only two of this three colors?

Last edited by tonschk; 04-26-13 at 10:39 AM.
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-13, 11:01 AM   #263
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
.. Gap, you are my HERO Thank you
Also note that Ambient Settings submods overwrite Main Mod's EnvColors_*.cfg settings. If you plan to use any of them, you should apply the suggested changes to the appropriate set of cfg files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
To be exact, there are three colors there, the color of the foam, and two colors of the water surface, do you think is possible to edit only two of this three colors?
IIRC, parameters affecting water surface color are 5 in total:

WaterLightColor
WaterDarkColor
WaterTintColorMulti
WaterFoamFilmColorMulti
ExtraSpecColor

As I wrote before, I am pretty sure that the parameter affecting the "phosphorescent" color you dislike, is WaterFoamFilmColorMulti which by the way is only used in conjunction with foam. If you want to make it sure, you can replace its current settings with an highly contrasting color, FF000000 (red) for instance, in order to locate it exactly in game.
Old 04-26-13, 11:18 AM   #264
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-13, 05:02 PM   #265
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
You can either:

- replace Enhanced Visibility (high)
+ No Underwater Impurity Patch with Enhanced Visibility (medium) or...
- remove data/Misc/impurity.dds from Enhanced Visibility (high) and re-enable it without No Underwater Impurity Patch.

Let me know if you are satisfied with one of the above configurations. If not, tell me more in detail what is the effect you want to obtain, and I will suggest you the needed tweaks
Thanks a lot for your suggestion
I think i'll go for your second soluce, as i want to keep Enhanced Visibility high...and keep some underwater impurities/light as before, without this square glitch!
Old 04-26-13, 05:12 PM   #266
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Thanks a lot for your suggestion
I think i'll go for your second soluce, as i want to keep Enhanced Visibility high...and keep some underwater impurities/light as before, without this square glitch!
If by using the second solution impurities will be excessive, you can also overwrite Enhanced Visibility (high)'s impurity.dds with the one found in the medium version

P.S: note that the Enhanced Visibility version used will affect fog visibility. In general the high version was conceived for arcadey gameplay, for testing, and for taking crystal clear screenshots, the most realistic game experience being offered by the Main Mod without Enhanced Visibility submods or with sobers best ever fog V22 SH5 (also contained in DynEnv - Sobers Best Ever Tweaks) enabled on top.

For more realistic gameplay, delete data/Env/FogDistances.cfg fro the Enhanced Visibility submod used, or install on top of it one of the aforementioned mods by sober.

Last edited by gap; 04-26-13 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-26-13, 05:14 PM   #267
Fifi
Navy Seal

Good idea! I'll try later on, and report back
Thanks again!
Old 04-26-13, 05:27 PM   #268
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Good idea! I'll try later on, and report back
Thanks again!
Please note the P.S. added at the end of my previous post
Old 04-26-13, 05:47 PM   #269
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Please note the P.S. added at the end of my previous post
Yes...agree fog is very lowered with EV high...
You call it "arcadish", and you may be right, but i still don't like the way fog happens in SH5.
Don't get me wrong, i like the way it is modeled (even with Sober mod), but it can't be for so long time each time!
As you know it, sea fog in RL is a lot more very punctual and short life. That's why i prefer playing with EV high, because fog can't be adjusted on time line.
Furtermore, high open sea fog was kind of rare imo.

Same problem in SH4 BTW...and the problem is even more pronounced.
Because open sea fog in Pacific is even more rare!
In 7 years living in Pacific area, i only saw 1 day of fog with my boat, and it was in a very limited area!
Old 04-26-13, 06:00 PM   #270
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Yes...agree fog is very lowered with EV high...
You call it "arcadish", and you may be right, but i still don't like the way fog happens in SH5.
Don't get me wrong, i like the way it is modeled (even with Sober mod), but it can't be for so long time each time!
As you know it, sea fog in RL is a lot more very punctual and short life. That's why i prefer playing with EV high, because fog can't be adjusted on time line.
Furtermore, high open sea fog was kind of rare imo.

Same problem in SH4 BTW...and the problem is even more pronounced.
Because open sea fog in Pacific is even more rare!
In 7 years living in Pacific area, i only saw 1 day of fog with my boat, and it was in a very limited area!
you don't need to say more

Tags
climate, dynamic environment, environment, environmental mod, fog, weather