SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-20-10, 06:34 AM   #2521
ichso
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0

Ouch! Is it a common thing for TMO crews that they can't spot enemy warships in time ?

I was traveling under 512x time compression because dawn was already breaking. Wind speeds 9(m/s?), no clouds, no fog. All of the sudden I get the 'we're under attack' message and our ship is taking damage. So I ran onto the brigde and see two small japanese destroyers closing in (Wakake). At maybe a handful of thousand yards. Still, when I asked my crew nobody was able to see them at first. Really weird.

I eventually managed to escape but my question would be whether I should expect more of such unpleasant and strange surprises. Again, visibility was just fine and my crew couldn't spot anything until they fired at us several times. The deck watch bar in the crew management screen is filled with green, nobody was really tired or anything.

Thanks, i.
ichso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-10, 03:36 PM   #2522
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

which version of TMO are you using? I had that happen a bit in TMO 1.8 when Ducimus made your crew less eagle eyed, little too less eagle eyed, but havent had that problem since.Dont think itll be a common thing for you.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-10, 05:28 PM   #2523
ichso
Ace of the Deep

For me it happened in TMO 2.0.

Maybe it had something to do with the crew being tired. But the fatigue was only at around 20-30 points.
Old 07-20-10, 10:19 PM   #2524
seaplate hitman
Medic

Downloads: 305

if no AI easy mod
how can we escape? when i meet a fleet, always be surrounded by Japan Destroyers.
The number of Enemy Destroyer is 4 in general,They have fast speed.
The submarine of Gato i played can only dive 91 meter .

Japan navy can find me easily.

Can you give me some advice for escaping?
seaplate hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 04:09 AM   #2525
ichso
Ace of the Deep

Hm, ok, next question:
Is it a usual thing that planes crash into the water while making their bombing run on a submarine ?
Old 07-21-10, 04:26 PM   #2526
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichso View Post
Hm, ok, next question:
Is it a usual thing that planes crash into the water while making their bombing run on a submarine ?
I had to refuel at Manila before I could make it to Java (very early war, obviously). Manila was under air attack as I approached, and I instantly became a target. My AA gunner managed to bring down three aircraft going into Manila, and an additional two upon leaving. I managed the safety of the open ocean with only minor damage.

To answer your question: YES! If, and only if, your AA Gunner is any good!

Personally, I prefer to Crash Dive whenever an aircraft appears on my RADAR. I really don't feel comfortable with duking it out with aircraft in so vulnerable a craft as a submarine.

Best wishes and good hunting!

God Bless Electric Boat
Old 07-22-10, 12:51 AM   #2527
ichso
Ace of the Deep

True, I also prefer to dive instead of dishing it out on the surface with a plane. But that was at the very first patrol of this career and I didn't have AA radar, so the plane was detected too late for a dive.

It probably got hit by the AA gun but it got its bombs off nonetheless. Then it started its awkward movement down to the water, almost as if the pilot was too aggressive on his attack run. It didn't even burn at that point.

Oh and btw, the gunner is around half-good I would say but that seems more or less sufficient then
Old 07-22-10, 03:16 AM   #2528
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichso View Post
True, I also prefer to dive instead of dishing it out on the surface with a plane. But that was at the very first patrol of this career and I didn't have AA radar, so the plane was detected too late for a dive.

It probably got hit by the AA gun but it got its bombs off nonetheless. Then it started its awkward movement down to the water, almost as if the pilot was too aggressive on his attack run. It didn't even burn at that point.

Oh and btw, the gunner is around half-good I would say but that seems more or less sufficient then
What you describe Sir is a Kamikaze attack !

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-10, 05:05 AM   #2529
ichso
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01 View Post
What you describe Sir is a Kamikaze attack !

keltos
With a 4-propeller plane ? I read of those Zekes doing that, though.
I have to admit, I didn't think of that until now...
Old 07-22-10, 07:25 PM   #2530
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Plane's will be fixed.

edit:

Infact im overhauling the entire "schema" with planes.

Long story short, i learned some things working on Nine Delta two.and I saw some areas here that could be improved in TMO.

Combine that, with Vickers and Captain America's work, and Nisgesis radar mod, and it spells out another update to TMO.

No ETA, and no teasers. Im not working in full swing right now, but casually. Conserving my "strength" for when vickers and CA are done with their interiors.

Last edited by Ducimus; 07-23-10 at 11:34 PM.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 04:30 PM   #2531
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Tentative plan's for an update:
- Updates to the interior's, a couple items i finally figured out how to do, and some bug fixes are the chief cause.

* In preparation for new interior mods, "Hogan's alley" will be renamed to "After Battery" and will become part of the normal watch rotation. This is to facilitate the ability to render more crewman in 3d per watch rotation. This does not indicate that the After battery area will be rendered in 3d.

*Battery endurance and recharge times made more true to life. This change will be universal and apply to all fleet boats. Submerged endurance will be 96NM @ 2 knots. Battery recharge times for a full charge will be 7 to 9 hours. (i don't know which number to use. Help anyone?)

Notes:
- The engine's will not always be on. If your sitting at all stop, your engines will no longer consume fuel.
- When recharging batteries, your top speed will be reduced. (as it should)
- One prop will be stopped while underway and charging batteries as if on a direct drive. Nothing i can do to fix that.

* Engine exhaust will be reworked. It will be more visible, and if at 0 kts speed, no exhaust will be seen.

* AA and deck gun crews will wear helmets.

* It is planned to fix the lag in Truk Harbor

* It is planned to fix radar upgrade shennanigans.

*it is planned to fix harbor patrols. I Found out why they weren't spawning. No more easy harbor raiding should be the result.

*total overhaul on aircraft and spawn frequency.

*It is planned to see if increasing normal cruising speed from 10 kts to a more realistic 15 knots is feasible.

NO ETA. Doing a little bit at a time, whenever the itch strikes me. I won't feel rushed until new interiors are released, and on that there is no ETA either, and even if i knew, it wouldn't be my place to say.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-10, 05:42 PM   #2532
SgtPotato
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 96

I'm little bit confused about conning tower upgrades.

My sub is USS Trout, a Tambor class fleet submarine, and I've finished four patrols from the beginning of the war to Nov. 1942. I got 59,913 tonnage in total and still, I didn't get a conning tower upgrade. I might misread the manual that it said, must be 4 war patrols at least to get a upgrade or a new sub. I've been told that the tambor class was never upgraded.
Old 07-26-10, 06:16 PM   #2533
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
- Updates to the interior's, a couple items i finally figured out how to do, and some bug fixes are the chief cause.
Do you have any plans to include the 3D TDC/Radar into TMO, or is that out of your hands?
Old 07-26-10, 11:24 PM   #2534
Lt commander lare
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 781
Uploads: 35
error please help

Hello im trying to play trigger maru 2.0 and whenever I try to start a new campaign I select midway and start the game the red bar moves halfway across the screen it says find em chase em sinkem and then there is a ding and the game freezes can anyone help thanks. ps this is the only mod installed via jsgme

lt commander lare
Lt commander lare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-10, 04:00 AM   #2535
ichso
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post

* In preparation for new interior mods, "Hogan's alley" will be renamed to "After Battery" and will become part of the normal watch rotation. This is to facilitate the ability to render more crewman in 3d per watch rotation. This does not indicate that the After battery area will be rendered in 3d.

*Battery endurance and recharge times made more true to life. This change will be universal and apply to all fleet boats. Submerged endurance will be 96NM @ 2 knots. Battery recharge times for a full charge will be 7 to 9 hours. (i don't know which number to use. Help anyone?)

Notes:
- The engine's will not always be on. If your sitting at all stop, your engines will no longer consume fuel.
- When recharging batteries, your top speed will be reduced. (as it should)
- One prop will be stopped while underway and charging batteries as if on a direct drive. Nothing i can do to fix that.

* Engine exhaust will be reworked. It will be more visible, and if at 0 kts speed, no exhaust will be seen.

* AA and deck gun crews will wear helmets.

* It is planned to fix the lag in Truk Harbor

* It is planned to fix radar upgrade shennanigans.

*it is planned to fix harbor patrols. I Found out why they weren't spawning. No more easy harbor raiding should be the result.

*total overhaul on aircraft and spawn frequency.

*It is planned to see if increasing normal cruising speed from 10 kts to a more realistic 15 knots is feasible.

NO ETA. Doing a little bit at a time, whenever the itch strikes me. I won't feel rushed until new interiors are released, and on that there is no ETA either, and even if i knew, it wouldn't be my place to say.
That sounds good, looking forward to an update in the future