SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-06-10, 02:43 PM   #2506
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

I do not believe so. This happened in the open ocean. Basically you are surrounded and your sub just implodes. This has happened since release. Not often though.
Old 07-06-10, 02:52 PM   #2507
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHibbins View Post
Same happened to me few weeks ago with RFB and RSRDC ! First I thought I was hit by my own Torp ( "Kreisläufer" in german).
Some german boats were lost of this reason. Don´t know if some Fleetboats too.
Tang and Tullibee were lost to their own torpedoes. There may have been more, but those are the two that were confirmed by survivors.
Old 07-07-10, 02:03 AM   #2508
qjp
Watch

Downloads: 55

Hi, using TMO2 + RSRD during campain at Fremantle after upgrade Sargo with conning tower ver. 2 (at the end of august '42) i can't use surface radar it is present in uboat slot but the buttons a greyed out and is not working at all (can't turn on/off)

Anyone come across such thing?

Cheers
qjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 08:38 PM   #2509
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3228

Default Name of subs

1 - I want to change the name of my sub (for example: "barracuda"). Is there some way to make that?

2 - I want to select the sub for my campaign (the name of the sub, for example "Tang"). I know the PTC, but it isn´t compatible with TMO 2.0 (or yes???). Is there some way to make this change of sub for the campaign?)

I use SH4 1.5 plus TMO 2.0 plus RSRD campaign mod.

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 10:42 PM   #2510
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by qjp View Post
Hi, using TMO2 + RSRD during campain at Fremantle after upgrade Sargo with conning tower ver. 2 (at the end of august '42) i can't use surface radar it is present in uboat slot but the buttons a greyed out and is not working at all (can't turn on/off)

Anyone come across such thing?

Cheers
When in port you need to equip your boat with SJ radar.A huge oversight but devs is not making the radar set absent until your select it, always irritated me. When in port, go to upper left hand and click on midd icon its a bit of circle, should see SJ radar, click and drag into the radar slot on the equip screen, costs around 700 renown i believe
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-10, 12:09 AM   #2511
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
1 - I want to change the name of my sub (for example: "barracuda"). Is there some way to make that?

2 - I want to select the sub for my campaign (the name of the sub, for example "Tang"). I know the PTC, but it isn´t compatible with TMO 2.0 (or yes???). Is there some way to make this change of sub for the campaign?)

I use SH4 1.5 plus TMO 2.0 plus RSRD campaign mod.

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo
Once you have been assigned to a sub, you're stuck with that name. There is a workaround that will give you a better chance of getting the sub name you want. The game seems to default to the first sub in the list (usually), so you need to exchange names BEFORE you are assigned that class. Here's an example:

You want to get the USS TANG (SS 306), which is a Balao Class sub. Normally you will get assigned to the USS BALAO (SS 285) - Unit 1 on the list. GOTO the folder Data\Roster\American\Submarine and locate the cfg files for all the sub classes. Double-click on SSBalao.cfg file to get it into a text processor (like notepad). look down and find a list of units. You should see:

[Unit 1]
Name=USS Balao (SS-285)
DOC=19430101
DOD=19460820

and

[Unit 16]
Name=USS Tang (SS-306)
DOC=19431015
DOD=19441024

Just swap the names and numbers (cut and paste), and save the file. Don't mess with the Date of Commissioning (DOC) or Date of Decommissioning (DOD) - that might confuse the program.

NOTE: This method isn't Fail-Safe, but it gives you a better chance of getting the name you want. Again, this must be done BEFORE you are assigned your new sub.

Hope this was helpful.

God Bless Electric Boat!
Old 07-08-10, 12:24 PM   #2512
CoruscatingFox
Swabbie

Downloads: 25

Hmm. So, I've been playing it some more since my last post. Started playing a new career out of Manila in an S boat. No problems at all for the first patrol and most of the second. I'm really liking many of the subtle changes since TMO 1.9.

In the middle of the second patrol I got the radio message stating that the Asiatic Fleet was relocating to Fremantle as usual. Continuing the patrol, two weeks later in game time I noticed that the home port icon on the nav map still was at Surabaya. No biggie, it takes a while to update normally. However by the time I was heading home in February 1942, the home port icon was still there. Fearing that I'd run into a bunch of angry Japanese at Surabaya, but not wanting to go all the way to Fremantle for no reason, I saved before heading in to the port. It gave me the option to refit/end patrol. Huh.

When I started the next patrol it gave me the initial objective of "Photo recon of Surabaya harbor" (!) Again fearing I'd spawn in the middle of bunch of enemy ships, I started outside the harbor... but when I headed back in it was full of friendly ships, with no apparent way to complete the objective. The "take photo" icon was greyed out no matter what (probably because they were friendly). Something's not right here - even if the port was supposed to be friendly still (Feb '42...), that objective wouldn't make sense.

Image 1

Image 2 (note the Omaha Light Cruiser in the background)

Running the same mods as last time, minus the "alt engine sounds". Starting to seem to me like something is wrong with my campaign, but I don't really want to reinstall if it isn't going to change anything. Is this normal?
CoruscatingFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 03:47 PM   #2513
McHibbins
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 80

Why do I loose my Surface Search Radar if I get an new conning tower ?
I´ve bought it in the port with renown, but it isn´t there .
Old 07-09-10, 03:54 PM   #2514
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHibbins View Post
Why do I loose my Surface Search Radar if I get an new conning tower ?
I´ve bought it in the port with renown, but it isn´t there .
I do understand that once a refit is done, for whatever reason i havent figured out yet, the game defaults to basic equipment, forcing you to "repurchase" upgrade items again.

A minor annoyance in my book, but if your telling me that said items don't work even after "repurchasing" them, , then i'll have to look into that. If this is the case, i need to know:

- Calender date in game?
- What boat?
- What tower did you have? What tower did the game give?
- What equipment did you have?
- Is the equipment being placed on the boat? or is it just simply gone?
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 04:21 PM   #2515
McHibbins
Seasoned Skipper

03 November 1942
USS Skipjack (SS184) Salmon Class
Version 1 ---> Version 2
Improved SD Radar; SJ-Radar (missing); twin Oerlikon

The equipment was REPLACED ´cause I´ve had to purchase it again as you said. But that doesn´t matter : new tower-->new equipment--->make sense.
And I have something to do with my earned renown.

But if I´m leaving the base, only the sj-radar is missing. Screens are black and the equipment is also not rendered in 3d-view

Sabotage eh ? Or maybe there´s a thief onboard ?

Edit:
Mods in use :

TMO 2.0
NavMapMakeOver
My own soundmod
TMO sample emblem

Last edited by McHibbins; 07-09-10 at 04:41 PM.
McHibbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 04:38 PM   #2516
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Ok, added it to my list of things to look at later.

I can't say this will be anytime soon. I've got a full plate currently.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-10, 05:01 PM   #2517
McHibbins
Seasoned Skipper

Doesn´t matter mate.
This mod is coming up with so many nice stuff, that this is a minor issue for me.
Makes a hard game (with your mod) even harder....which is nice for me
Old 07-11-10, 10:17 AM   #2518
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Surfaced but no lookouts showing

Playing TMO 2.0. using F4 screen view I panned around but there was no lookout figures showing. Went to F7 Crew view and the top horizontal bar for the deck crew is not full, but crew members appear okay. Is there a command to get the lookouts up to their posts?
Old 07-16-10, 01:25 PM   #2519
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dodger View Post
Once you have been assigned to a sub, you're stuck with that name. There is a workaround that will give you a better chance of getting the sub name you want. The game seems to default to the first sub in the list (usually), so you need to exchange names BEFORE you are assigned that class. Here's an example:

You want to get the USS TANG (SS 306), which is a Balao Class sub. Normally you will get assigned to the USS BALAO (SS 285) - Unit 1 on the list. GOTO the folder Data\Roster\American\Submarine and locate the cfg files for all the sub classes. Double-click on SSBalao.cfg file to get it into a text processor (like notepad). look down and find a list of units. You should see:

[Unit 1]
Name=USS Balao (SS-285)
DOC=19430101
DOD=19460820

and

[Unit 16]
Name=USS Tang (SS-306)
DOC=19431015
DOD=19441024

Just swap the names and numbers (cut and paste), and save the file. Don't mess with the Date of Commissioning (DOC) or Date of Decommissioning (DOD) - that might confuse the program.

NOTE: This method isn't Fail-Safe, but it gives you a better chance of getting the name you want. Again, this must be done BEFORE you are assigned your new sub.

Hope this was helpful.

God Bless Electric Boat!
Many thanks! Works fine for me. Now making a campaign with Tang (my election).

Regards.

Fitz
Old 07-16-10, 01:31 PM   #2520
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

A couple of questions:

1 - If I disable via JSGME the RSRD campaign, the TMO 2.0 returns to original state?

2 - I try Fall of the Rising Sun mod, but I have a rare problem in the ports and bases: ever a ship is in flames and the smoke is too dense, the FPSs (normal in my PC: about 55-60), down to 12 or 10 fps!!! In some cases, if I try to close with my sub the ship in flames, the SH4 (plus FOTRS only) go to CTD...

Many thanks.

Fitz