SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-22, 12:10 PM   #2491
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
At least the tax payer does not have to pay me for producing an endless output of typos!
In English 'Mericanese, 'taxpayer' is one word... kinda sorta like 'damnYankee' is to Southerners, Russian, and Chinese slaveocracy malcontents of the New World Order currently being promulgated by brute force, rape and pillage.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 03-20-22, 12:16 PM   #2492
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
[COLOR="Lime"]In English 'Mericanese, 'taxpayer' is one word
It's only printed that way on paper cause it saves the one little space!
I'd imagine some bean counter figured out how much paper was wasted with a space left in!
Old 03-20-22, 01:32 PM   #2493
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has addressed the Israeli parliament (Knesset) and urged lawmakers to abandon Israel's neutrality following Russia's invasion.

He quoted the late Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir, in his video message, with the words "we intend to live, but our neighbours want to see us dead"

Zelensky says Israel has the best air defence in the world and says "you can definitely help our people, save the lives of Ukrainians"

The United Nations estimates that the conflict has driven 10 million Ukrainians from their homes. The UN said they had either been displaced within the country, or fled abroad.

Turkey's foreign minister, who is mediating peace talks between Ukraine and Russia, has said the two sides are close to an agreement.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-20-22, 01:37 PM   #2494
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Russian officials have confirmed that the deputy commander of Russia's Black Sea Fleet, Captain 1st Rank Andrei Paly, died in combat in Mariupol.

Earlier reports claimed that Ukraine claimed to have killed him. Heavy fighting continues in Mariupol, a port city battered by Russian shelling.

Paly's death was initially confirmed by the secretary of the Nakhimov naval college, Konstantin Tsarenko, on social network Vkontakte (VK).

Later, a Russian senator from Sevastopol - the Black Sea Fleet's base in Russian-annexed Crimea - said in a VK post that "Sevastopol has suffered a heavy, irreparable loss... Paly died in the battles for the liberation of Mariupol from the Nazis". President Vladimir Putin has spoken of Russia's campaign to rid Ukraine of "Nazis".

Sevastopol governor Mikhail Razvozhayev said in a Telegram post that "Andrei Nikolaevich chose to defend the Motherland as his life's work and died for our peaceful future".

Ukrainian sources have reported the deaths of five Russian generals in the fighting which erupted with Russia's invasion on 24 February. Russia has only officially confirmed one of these casualties - Gen Andrei Sukhovetsky.

Old 03-20-22, 01:42 PM   #2495
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Russian troops beating civilians who protest against being occupied in Berdyansk, Ukraine Mar 20, 2022

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 03-20-22, 01:53 PM   #2496
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The International Criminal Court (ICC) is going to be very busy over the coming years.

Old 03-20-22, 02:00 PM   #2497
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Take a look at flightradar 24. Study the planes in Poland and other countries around Russia, Belarus and Ukraine.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 03-20-22, 02:07 PM   #2498
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The Game of Sanctions

It has now become blindingly obvious that a sufficiently strong response to the russian aggression against Georgia would have prevented today’s war against Ukraine.

There is little doubt that largely symbolic sanctions for the occupation of Crimea and the Donbas region became an impetus for the full-scale invasion. Unfortunately, against the backdrop of dead Ukrainian soldiers and civilians, the world is still playing at sanctions.

Instead of sanctioning putin’s criminal ruling class in full, with its entire oligarchy and each branch of government root to stem, the Western powers continue to tacitly offer safe havens to some of the ruling elite, who are then able to extend access to this curtesy to many more like themselves.

One such glaring omission is Andrey Guryev – a billionaire, a former senator for the Murmansk region, and another high profile member of the Mordor Judo Club. Together with his adult son and daughter, he is main beneficiary of PhosAgro, one of the world’s largest fertilizer producers.

While Mr. Guryev was recently added to the EU sanctioned persons list, he was quietly forgotten by the US and the UK. Whatever the reason for this may be, it is certainly not his low profile – Mr. Guryev happens to be the proud owner of Witanhurst, London’s second largest residential home after Buckingham Palace. Judging by the pictures, Witanhurst could house quite a few Ukrainian refugees.

The current selective approach to sanctions significantly undermines their overall effectiveness. A blanket strategy is what is needed, today. The list of people to be covered is common knowledge – names of senior employees of the executive, judicial and legislative branches of the russian government, both at the federal and regional levels, are a matter of the public record, and so is the Forbes’ top 200 of the russia’s richest people. There is no excuse not to act.

By Ex-member of Parliament Senchenko Source: https://censor.net/en/r3325015

Old 03-20-22, 03:21 PM   #2499
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

When they mentioned in the News here some days ago that Ukraine would get advanced AA and AAA I came to think of this type of AA

It's from a game armA 3 this video but the weapon SPAAG does exist in real

In a livestream from Ukraine someone wrote that something called JSOF Special forces was on the ground in Ukraine-I doubt this very much.

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 03-20-22, 04:10 PM   #2500
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Russian navy commander killed today

"Post-Captain Andrei Paliy, deputy commander of the fleet, died during fighting in the eastern Ukrainian port city of Mariupol, Governor Mikhail Razvozhayev said on the messaging app Telegram."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN2LH0GL

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 03-20-22, 04:18 PM   #2501
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The Bundeswehr put the Gepard out of service already in the late 90s. Which is crazy since it still was VERY good in its league. Several European nations also operate it - until today. But the Germans knew that there would never be a war again.

Quite some platforms got decommissioned too early for that reason.

Personally I like the Jaguar 2 missile tank, which imo was a great design for defensive positions, flat, exposing only the tiny and fully and super fast retractable missile thrower (different to the M3), full NV capable, and was heavily armed with 14 or 16 TOW. Jaguar 2 was practically impossible to directly be hit by its prey if manouvered into correct combat positions - the M3 always has to expose most of its turret and takes much longer time to reload. For the Jaguar, it only was the mast with the missile launcher. Decommissioned 2005. Germany knew that there would be no wars anymore.

The huge and for its class heavily armoured Luchs recce wheel tank also was iconic. But you know what? There would be no wars anymore, so...
Old 03-20-22, 04:25 PM   #2502
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Russia gives an ultimatum to Mariupol to surrender until next morning.

Here is wondering whether Russia really will dare to flatten Kyiv, because of the Russian-claimed special role Kyiv plays for Russian culture, religion, identity, history. I think they aim at besieging the city and destroy its building only way more selectively than in Mariupol, and other smaller towns that have been completely obliterated by now.

There are reports that the Russians are taking the population of small villages and towns across the border to Russia by force. There is also massive evidence of rape, torture and atrocities against civilians.
Old 03-20-22, 04:43 PM   #2503
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:

Here is wondering whether Russia really will dare to flatten Kyiv, because of the Russian-claimed special role Kyiv plays for Russian culture, religion, identity, history. I think they aim at besieging the city and destroy its building only way more selectively than in Mariupol, and other smaller towns that have been completely obliterated by now.

There are reports that the Russians are taking the population of small villages and towns across the border to Russia by force. There is also massive evidence of rape, torture and atrocities against civilians.
About 45 minutes ago I saw a missile hitting Kyiv on a livestream The sirene was on for less than 10-20 sec before the missile hit-As someone wrote it must have been one of these Hypersonic missiles, since the warning sirene didn't have much time to warn.

Kharkiv

Today I've seen artillery firing at the city and AA gun fire shotting down something-You could see the dots from the ground going up in the air and some explosion.

Yesterday I saw a barrage of MLRS fired from outside Kharkiv and into the city.

Edit
There's also this page where you can find info about what have happened in Ukraine and where
(You can also see what has happened in USA)
https://liveuamap.com/
End edit

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 03-20-22 at 05:19 PM.
mapuc is online  
Old 03-20-22, 05:49 PM   #2504
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:

Pretty clear he isn't going backwards now and clearly Putin is psychotic. No telling where this goes, cuz he clearly has no soul.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Old 03-20-22, 06:00 PM   #2505
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
When they mentioned in the News here some days ago that Ukraine would get advanced AA and AAA I came to think of this type of AA

It's from a game armA 3 this video but the weapon SPAAG does exist in real

In a livestream from Ukraine someone wrote that something called JSOF Special forces was on the ground in Ukraine-I doubt this very much.

Markus
It’s called “time over target” the less time you spend flying around sightseeing the less chance you have of being discovered or shot down. Looking at the above video I think that aircraft could have accomplished it’s mission and made it home for tea.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Closed Thread