SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-23-10, 08:02 AM   #2431
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
Hey, TDW.

I'm loving the journal.

Just to confirm.... pressing backspace does unpause the game. Not a big problem, just gotta get used to it.
I can now teach my hydrophone operator a lesson for being so useless.
in regards to the journal, what's the overall opinion? What would you do to make it better? What would you change if you could?

I want to move onto phase 2 of it but need to ensure phase 1 is fine first.

The backspace issue I'm trying to find a solution for.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 08:03 AM   #2432
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
Okay, so I've installed the main file, but I'm not getting the compass on the map. Is that an optional file?
which compass? What do you mean by main file?
Old 05-23-10, 08:09 AM   #2433
Echolot
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 567
Uploads: 0

Quote:
I don't see anything obvious but I will definitely look for something. It shouldn't be giving you python errors

EDIT:

I was able to reproduce the error you experienced. I'm now trying to figure out why you're getting the error.
Thank you.

Echolot
Echolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 08:22 AM   #2434
Kepler
Swabbie

Downloads: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
which compass? What do you mean by main file?
Hi Dark, thank you for the quick reply.

By the main file, I mean the file you say I must enable FIRST after having copied the "Mods"-folder into the game. That's the only one I have enabled.

By the compass I mean the compass I can see in the screenshots you've provided in the first post - the one inside the nav maps in the screens.

Further, I'm not entirely sure which style UI I've implemented (SH5 enhanced, SH4, SH3) - I THINK it's the first, but I haven't found out where or how to actually choose between them.

Yes - I am a noob! All help much appreciated.
Kepler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 08:32 AM   #2435
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
Hi Dark, thank you for the quick reply.

By the main file, I mean the file you say I must enable FIRST after having copied the "Mods"-folder into the game. That's the only one I have enabled.

By the compass I mean the compass I can see in the screenshots you've provided in the first post - the one inside the nav maps in the screens.

Further, I'm not entirely sure which style UI I've implemented (SH5 enhanced, SH4, SH3) - I THINK it's the first, but I haven't found out where or how to actually choose between them.

Yes - I am a noob! All help much appreciated.
check out this video made by kylania:

it shows how to properly install the mod and will probably answer many of your questions
Old 05-23-10, 08:38 AM   #2436
ametlib
Mate

Downloads: 250

At first - Thank You very much for Yours hard work for us.

I'm used all version of Yors UI but now - after installed version 2.60 I have a problem. I'm surfaced but I can't open the hutch and going to the tower?

Little problem with binoculars, too if I try to use midle button of the mouse?
ametlib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 08:40 AM   #2437
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ametlib View Post
At first - Thank You very much for Yours hard work for us.

I'm used all version of Yors UI but now - after installed version 2.60 I have a problem. I'm surfaced but I can't open the hutch and going to the tower?

Little problem with binoculars, too if I try to use midle button of the mouse?
Some screenshots would be nice as I don't really have a clue as to what your problems are.
Old 05-23-10, 08:49 AM   #2438
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Minor typo found:

Should probably say "Current Station"
that's something new that looks like was introduced with patch 1.2. I'll have to correct it.

I did find out how to scan with the radio though. Click the play button then click fast forward or rewind and it will scan through the frequencies. Can't say I remember it doing that before.....
Old 05-23-10, 10:03 AM   #2439
PL_Cmd_Jacek
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 207

Quote:
in regards to the journal, what's the overall opinion? What would you do to make it better? What would you change if you could?
Very nice. Is there any way to save the journal into any file ?
Old 05-23-10, 10:20 AM   #2440
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PL_Cmd_Jacek View Post
Very nice. Is there any way to save the journal into any file ?
that is step 2 of the journal which I'm working on now It might make it into the bug release (v2.6.1).....
Old 05-23-10, 10:20 AM   #2441
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
I did find out how to scan with the radio though. Click the play button then click fast forward or rewind and it will scan through the frequencies. Can't say I remember it doing that before.....
Yup, made a video of that last night!

Quote:
I really like it. I think the most important change is to get it to "Step 2" where you can save a persistent log and access it externally, at least just for a single patrol at a time.

I did notice last night in later testing that backspace did not unpause it, as it had before, so perhaps it depends on where you are when you edit the messages?

I'd also request that it default to displaying the current day rather than the first day. I got confused when I typed in a message and it didn't appear in my message log until I realized I was looking at the first day of my patrol, and not the current. Perhaps make the page turn buttons a brighter color?

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 10:51 AM   #2442
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
I'd also request that it default to displaying the current day rather than the first day. I got confused when I typed in a message and it didn't appear in my message log until I realized I was looking at the first day of my patrol, and not the current. Perhaps make the page turn buttons a brighter color?
the ship's journal remembers the page (date) that you opened it to. If you've never opened it in game then it default to the first day. If you've been @ patrol for a couple of days and you scroll the journal to the last day and then close it when you re-open it it should be at the last day you had it opened. Is this not the behavior your seeing?

I'll think about modifying the code to make it always open to the latest day. I'm not too fond of the idea as I like the way I have it setup currently. Reason why is: say your editing the journal and something happens that you need to address quickly. You close the journal and take care of the problem. Now you return to the journal. Since it remembes where you were it re-opens back to the current date so you can finish editing. If it defaulted to opening to the current day then you'd have to backtrack days to find where you were before you left.
Old 05-23-10, 11:28 AM   #2443
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
When you're on deck gun the speed and flag charts cover up your icon for zooming with deck gun. Just have to drag them to the top middle of screen or somewhere to get them outa the way.

fixed this problem. The ship's journal and the charts will disappear when any of these stations are activated:

Crew
WeaponsAndSensors
Subsystems
Guns
captain log
Awards
deckgun
20mm gun
37mm gun
navigation map

I've also added a toggle for the charts to the top right bar. When activated it shows all the charts. When de-activated it hides all the charts:

Now I'll be packaging up v2.6.1 which is a bug fix release for v2.6.0
Old 05-23-10, 11:54 AM   #2444
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
I've also added a toggle for the charts to the top right bar.
When de-activated it hides all the charts:
I was so hoping for this to be implemented even though I didn't ask for it. Thank you much sir.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-10, 11:54 AM   #2445
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
the ship's journal remembers the page (date) that you opened it to. If you've never opened it in game then it default to the first day
Ahh, that'd be it!!

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui