SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-17-09, 01:22 PM   #226
Weiss Pinguin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 101
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1
Oberon, did it not occur to you to try to use the searchlights to send a message to Stockholm?

no

Why didn't I think of that? As watch officer onboard a U-boat, I should've had that idea right from the start...
Old 02-17-09, 01:42 PM   #227
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Oh, and ROFLMFAO Neal!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Quote:
It was like a bus packed full of nubile teenage girls headed to Crystal Lake and Jason steps into the road and they flatten him like a overripe pumpkin. Alas.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 01:44 PM   #228
Aramike
Ocean Warrior

Best of SUBSIM
Chairman

Downloads: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWolf
Never the less I was killed...

By who then ????
That's weird, as you could only have been killed by the hell hound, but Neal's spreadsheet shows that Aramilke attacked UnderseaLcpl that night. Given that A Very Super Market got seer information when he shouldn't have, I think it's possibly an 'accounting error' somewhere along the line. Aramike, did you attack JCWolf on night 3?
I think I got Undersea and JCWolf at the same time.
Aramike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 01:50 PM   #229
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0

My plan

It was simple really. I figured, on some Matthew Broderick logic from Godzilla. You'd think finding Godzilla would be easy right? After all he is a 300 foot lizard... but no... finding Godzilla was hard. So instead, Matthew Broderick, decided he would simply lure Godzilla out.

Which was my idea, lure out the werewolves. I thought if I confuse both sides to the point where they can't be sure of my being human or not I can learn a lot. High risk, but big reward.

So essentially, I elected to take each day as it came, there was no big master plan... lol it was just a question of rather than find the wolf, figure out who is not a wolf should be easier.

FIREWALL I worked out right at the start, because of how cocky he was straight off the bat with his weapons and also others seemed to RP more cautiously and added a confusion element to theirs not sure what it was. He didn't add any confusion. I thought he must be a werewolf, or, he's just clumsy at his RPing. I decided that it was the former.

Hitman - he eventually did give himself away to me willingly, but he didn't know if I was a wolf or not, did you Hits? But he wanted out the game, anyway I was suspecting him or UnderseaCpl as being the werewolf in the upper echelons of the army part. So that answered that! lol

Aramike - I fooled and confused hook line and sinker, he gave himself away to me too. He also suffers from being a Hellhound of his word too. LMAO

Task Force - he was tricky! I honestly was not sure either way, I must confess, he was a gut feeling that I decided fit the bill given the narratives and the RPs I read. He was a 6th sense guess.

Nisgeis - I take my hat off to. I bullied him mercilessly to get him to shoot Aramike, who he must have known was a werewolf and voted to have him shot anyway! I honestly started to believe this ruled him out, and also misinterpreted some of the narrative too... and so led me to think our last target was pinguin! Anyway, there was a shred of doubt, which grew into a huge lump, and I urged the others in the mini alliance I had going with AVSM and mookie and then Jimbuna to not shoot Pinguin... though Kpt Buna voted to lynch Pinguin anyway. Nisgeis played a flanker and called me up no end.

My plan was to literally just bumble through the game as best I could! Also I thought that werewolves would be operating on the human sides predictability which became apparant after the first few days.... So if there was a random element in the human side, which was totally unpredictable, I figured, I would be that random element! Calm one moment, hysterically emotional the next... My idea was it would confuse the werewolves and my own side... neither side would know how to interact with me, the big danger for me was the lynch vote! lol But I managed to dodge that anyway!

Face it guys! I'm the hero of this game!

*Realises I will be the first to be shot in the next game regardless! lol*

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Penelope_Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 02:34 PM   #230
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis
In the original rules, there is no reason ever for two guardians to provide mutual protection, as that’s a guarantee of them both being killed. For some reason Mookie and AVSM decided to do just that, but I can’t fathom why. That’s just a recipe (under the original rules) for a double killing by a hellhound.
We knew (or at least were reasonably certain) the hellhound(s) was(were) dead and so the only wolves left were regular ones. Now I thought to myself that if I was a wolf, I'd go for the guardians first. So I wanted to prevent that, so me and AVSM made a deal to protect each other. Then I wanted the wolves to think that since we were protecting each other, the other humans were unprotected. So the next night I switched over to protecting Penelope because I figured she would be pretty high on the hit list at the end there. The strategy worked.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 03:28 PM   #231
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiß Pinguin
Yep, kudos to Nisgeis, he really suckered me in right up to the last minute. The only time I started wondering was at the very end when Penelope was so confident that you were it.

This was as much fun as the games of Mafia I've played with friends, great work Neal.

So when's the next game?
Thanks man, appreciate that. I figure we should wait a few weeks or a month and give people time to reflect and rest. I'm not claiming "ownership" rights over this game concept here at Subsim, so if someone wants to start his own game, more power to you. All I ask is that any RP games here be a serious effort, not some half assed game where it gets screwed up or the game master blows it off half way through....I don't want people getting burned and killing the whole RP concept here.

I nominate Mookie and Nisgeis to gamemaster the next game, they have both expressed an interest, they are both serious players, and I think they know what they are about, and can be trusted to run a fair game.

Neal
Old 02-17-09, 03:34 PM   #232
Letum
Navy Seal

Downloads: 43

I agree. Lets wait at least a month.
Good things are better in moderation.
Old 02-17-09, 03:41 PM   #233
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
but he didn't know if I was a wolf or not, did you Hits?
I did not know it positively, but I believed you were human, may be a Seer. That's the reason I placed you in the centre of "the mother of all lies"

Eventually you could have been a wolf, and then you would have probably resplied like that to my PM so we could make an alliance, but the chance was very remote and I needed to get out of the game. In fact when I saw that some people even started believing in my lie I thought internally OMG I'm stuck here till monday

Your PM about Jimbuna being a wolf and not a seer had the hint of a suspect against me, but I think you were still doubting. A different reply from me could have turned things, but I would have needed to be very very precise, convincing and give you very good fake data, as otherwise it wouldn't have withstood the filter of your implacable sixth instinct and I would have been in trouble again

The only thing that worried me after exchanging some PMs with you is that you were replying very seriously, while I had been already evidently in joking mode so I thought myself weeeee is she going to think that I'm in real life a psychopat or a role-player or is she believing too deep in his own role??? I even thought about sending you another PM commenting that, but finally thought it would be better to let it go and not add more confusion in that moment.

Quote:
Face it guys! I'm the hero of this game!
Didn't I tell you that beautiful ladies always win?
Old 02-17-09, 04:13 PM   #234
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman

Didn't I tell you that beautiful ladies always win?
You'd better believe it.....but to be totally honest some of the Grey Wolves aren't even sure that Penelope Grey is a woman.

Monica Lewinsky being a classic example

....and don't get me on about the investigative powers/capabilities of record collation by the British Bobby :rotfl:

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 04:59 PM   #235
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens
Thanks man, appreciate that. I figure we should wait a few weeks or a month and give people time to reflect and rest. I'm not claiming "ownership" rights over this game concept here at Subsim, so if someone wants to start his own game, more power to you. All I ask is that any RP games here be a serious effort, not some half assed game where it gets screwed up or the game master blows it off half way through....I don't want people getting burned and killing the whole RP concept here.

I nominate Mookie and Nisgeis to gamemaster the next game, they have both expressed an interest, they are both serious players, and I think they know what they are about, and can be trusted to run a fair game.

Neal
Can we use vampires next time?

Then after that aliens (the outer space variety)

Seriously, was a super fun game! Loads of fun!

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Old 02-17-09, 05:10 PM   #236
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Nazi vampires, Nazi vampires...

Ah yes

Well, that's your character sorted Pen!

We'd have to have daywalkers though, otherwise it'd be a bit easy to spot the vampires
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 05:21 PM   #237
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

You know originally I was so hopeful to be a werewolf, or even the hellhound... but then I got to be human and I felt somewhat cheated initially... I even PM'd to Neal to moan... but the more I thought about it, the more I figured.. ah well! Lets try it out.

Old 02-17-09, 05:39 PM   #238
baggygreen
Sea Lord

Downloads: 7

A woman complaining?

nevahhh
baggygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 05:42 PM   #239
Aramike
Ocean Warrior

Best of SUBSIM
Chairman

Downloads: 59

Quote:
Aramike - I fooled and confused hook line and sinker, he gave himself away to me too. He also suffers from being a Hellhound of his word too.
HA! I was never really confused ... you were just one of the people I had feelers out for in my attempts to find a fellow wolf.
Aramike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 05:45 PM   #240
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope_Grey
I thought if I confuse both sides to the point where they can't be sure of my being human or not I can learn a lot. High risk, but big reward.
As a casual reader of the story I was confused too. It seemed to me a bit of "methinks she doth protest too much". Had I been playing I probably would have voted to lynch you every time. I was that sure you were hiding something.

Great story, all, and well played.

I do have one question for Neal, though: Why the forced vote every night? I would have thought that letting them play it out on their own would have been better.

But then I've never been very good at role-playing.