SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-07-10, 02:01 AM   #226
orangewhale
Loader

Downloads: 327
Uploads: 0
Default just a quick question

Hi I'm familiar with the way the Range and aob finder works from sh3 olc's gui
But I am unsure which "Scratch mark" thingy to line up the mobile middle circle at what zoom, I had a look at the KIUB user guide but thats for sh4 as i understand so i figured that the zoom levels are different so once again which scratch mark for which zoom level?

cheers
Old 09-07-10, 05:47 AM   #227
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231

What are the buttons in this fashion HiDef Realistic Interface V2.0 or where to click so pereskop automatically track the selected target I aim entice a spacebar, and no longer exert much mind to poke or push Shaw, Komrady HELP! Thanks in advance

P.S. if possible, under any number [CmdX] is the name here Commands.cfg

or is there no need

Sorry for my english
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 05:53 AM   #228
orangewhale
Loader

Default tracking target

well it sounds to me like you know which button to push to track a target if you mean "lock" the target so the scope follows it, that isn't a feature in sh5, the track feature just allows you to bring up the recognition manual to enter data however it won't follow your target with the crosshair glued to it
Old 09-07-10, 06:09 AM   #229
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangewhale View Post
well it sounds to me like you know which button to push to track a target if you mean "lock" the target so the scope follows it, that isn't a feature in sh5, the track feature just allows you to bring up the recognition manual to enter data however it won't follow your target with the crosshair glued to it
sorry, but in a different fashion that can be done, or it is not. For example in the "Multiple UIs for SH5 with TDC" can do.

Last edited by SashaKA001; 09-07-10 at 07:09 AM.
Old 09-07-10, 06:49 AM   #230
streetbob
Swabbie

Downloads: 399

SAID IT ONCE I SHALL SAY IT AGAIN REAPER7 YOU AND YOUR MOD PALS ARE SOMETHING ELSE WHEN IT COMES TO MOD MAKEING THE TIME AND EFFORT YOU GUYS PUT INTO SH5 YOU MAKE A POOR GAME BRILLIANT I THINK I CAN SPEAK FOR THE WHOLE SUB COMMUNITY WHEN I SAY THANKYOU
streetbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 07:05 AM   #231
nodlew
Engineer

Downloads: 572

Quote:
Hi I'm familiar with the way the Range and aob finder works from sh3 olc's gui
But I am unsure which "Scratch mark" thingy to line up the mobile middle circle at what zoom, I had a look at the KIUB user guide but thats for sh4 as i understand so i figured that the zoom levels are different so once again which scratch mark for which zoom level?
I just finished writing up a tutorial for the Reaper's RAOBF and as soon as I've converted it to PDF format, I'll post a link to it along with my improved-improved RAOBF markings DDs. I use my own scope markings file in the tutorial, but the principles will be the same if you are using stock.

EDIT: For those with questions about how to use the RAOBF, they can download a Tutorial I have made in PDF format. It has illustrations for just about everything. If you don't have Adobe Reader (unlikely, but I got rid of it myself) then you can download a Freeware called Foxit Reader--7 mb, reads PDF files. Any other questions will be answered by some helpful soul hereabouts.

Tutorial link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?o9hc35aea21op6z

For anyone interested, I have made another improvement to my RAOBF markings file, namely--it now lights up when the nite lite comes on. Actually, a pretty significant improvement considering how dark and foggy this game is almost all of the time. The download includes the Tutorial txt mentioned above which doubles as an install txt.

IMPRAOBFmk2&Tutorial link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?77fyghcppcccqe6

Note, last I checked, these links were down. There are Filefront links further up/down the page.

Reaper, if you consider either, or both of these files as worthwhile addons, please use them as such.

Last edited by nodlew; 09-07-10 at 09:36 PM.
nodlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 08:50 AM   #232
nodlew
Engineer

Sasha...
Quote:
To identify a ship, either use the glowing green button to the bottom right of the scope, or hit the space bar while the target ship is in the scope cross-hairs. You should hear the XO shout "Tracking New Target!" or something to that effect. I find that with this mod I have to use the button, or space bar several times before it "takes". If the ship information refuses to come up in the manual, then the ship is probably out of recognition range because of fog, rain, or darkness
If you look two posts down from your own request for help, I wrote a pretty detailed description of how to track and ID targets. However, if you are looking for an auto-targeting function then this is not the mod for you. This mod is intended to make the game experience more "realistic" and more challenging, hence-harder. There is no auto-target solution enabled in this mod, although apparently you can get the Torpedo man to compute a solution for you. I've never done it, so I don't know how that works.
Old 09-07-10, 09:07 AM   #233
orangewhale
Loader

Default Cheers

Thanks Nodlew, thats what i was looking for. Does anyone by chance know whether there's a ship centered accuracy fix for sh5?
Old 09-07-10, 09:09 AM   #234
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodlew View Post
Sasha...
If you look two posts down from your own request for help, I wrote a pretty detailed description of how to track and ID targets. However, if you are looking for an auto-targeting function then this is not the mod for you. This mod is intended to make the game experience more "realistic" and more challenging, hence-harder. There is no auto-target solution enabled in this mod, although apparently you can get the Torpedo man to compute a solution for you. I've never done it, so I don't know how that works.
thanks I'll work on realism, thanks
Old 09-07-10, 10:45 AM   #235
supposedtobeworking
XO

Downloads: 59

Quote:
Since I'm probably the only one on the East Coast still awake to answer this question, I'll field it.

Supposed, the Recognition Manual is hidden off of the left side of the screen. There is a little triangular tab sticking out, or should be. If not, then re-download and install the mod. You can click on the tab and drag the Recog Manual into view. You open the manual by clicking on the cover.To identify a ship, either use the glowing green button to the bottom right of the scope, or hit the space bar while the target ship is in the scope cross-hairs. You should hear the XO shout "Tracking New Target!" or something to that effect. I find that with this mod I have to use the button, or space bar several times before it "takes". If the ship information refuses to come up in the manual, then the ship is probably out of recognition range because of fog, rain, or darkness (you do have to scroll through the various ships and select the correct one, unless you want to have the Torpedo Man, or the Watch Officer ID the target for you). The RAOBF is especially helpful in such situations because if you know the details of the ship off-hand (length, mast height) you can get a target solution without reference to the manual at all. Everything else should be pretty intuitive.
Thanks for the heads up, though I saw that book and it seemed to be some kind of captains log and not a recognition manual. At least thats what it looked like-maybe I didn't have the target locked or selected for the ship information to come up on the page? ATM, that book has no ship info to scroll through when pulled up manually. I'll give it aother go and see if I can figure out how to use the thing.
supposedtobeworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 01:20 PM   #236
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
I just finished writing up a tutorial for the Reaper's RAOBF and as soon as I've converted it to PDF format, I'll post a link to it along with my improved-improved RAOBF markings DDs. I use my own scope markings file in the tutorial, but the principles will be the same if you are using stock.

EDIT: For those with questions about how to use the RAOBF, they can download a Tutorial I have made in PDF format. It has illustrations for just about everything. If you don't have Adobe Reader (unlikely, but I got rid of it myself) then you can download a Freeware called Foxit Reader--7 mb, reads PDF files. Any other questions will be answered by some helpful soul hereabouts.

Tutorial link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?o9hc35aea21op6z

For anyone interested, I have made another improvement to my RAOBF markings file, namely--it now lights up when the nite lite comes on. Actually, a pretty significant improvement considering how dark and foggy this game is almost all of the time. The download includes the Tutorial txt mentioned above which doubles as an install txt.

IMPRAOBFmk2&Tutorial link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?77fyghcppcccqe6

Reaper, if you consider either, or both of these files as worthwhile addons, please use them as such.
Great stuff Nodlew. (Need to get my own manual done )

Quote:
Originally Posted by supposedtobeworking View Post
Thanks for the heads up, though I saw that book and it seemed to be some kind of captains log and not a recognition manual. At least thats what it looked like-maybe I didn't have the target locked or selected for the ship information to come up on the page? ATM, that book has no ship info to scroll through when pulled up manually. I'll give it aother go and see if I can figure out how to use the thing.
Yes, you need to have a ship locked before you can use the Recon Manual properly. Just the way the Devs have the rec man done .
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 04:15 PM   #237
Clawgr
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 45

Wow I must say nice this is the best mod for SH5.
It really changed SH gameplay, and now i have started it again.
Thx a lot reaper and whoever else helped Really nice work.

Though I dont wont to complain much, but after I enable TDC on from the manual, is there anyway to disable it again (without loading the game)?
Esc keys didnt work, like they did before
Clawgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 04:19 PM   #238
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawgr View Post

Wow I must say nice this is the best mod for SH5.
It really changed SH gameplay, and now i have started it again.
Thx a lot reaper and whoever else helped Really nice work.

Though I dont wont to complain much, but after I enable TDC on from the manual, is there anyway to disable it again (without loading the game)?
Esc keys didnt work, like they did before
Sorry I removed the ability to use Auto TDC - As this is a Mod to be played as real as possible. I got rid of the shoot by numbers mode.

Stick with the Manual mode, once you get the hang of playing in manual, you'll wonder why you ever played in Auto.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 06:04 PM   #239
SashaKA001
中国水兵

reaper7. Where missing tools on the map? When a long time sitting on the map, the mini-map does not open and it is missing tools, immersion and emersion does not open the hatch, I'm sorry if this was, but too annoying. How do I fix?
Sorry for English.
Thank you.

Are such fashion. Maybe that is not worth it.
Old 09-07-10, 06:29 PM   #240
nodlew
Engineer

Quote:
Great stuff Nodlew. (Need to get my own manual done )
Thanks. This one can serve as a stop-gap until yours is complete. I'm sure compared to your finished version mine will look like the doodle of a neanderthal (and not one of the gifted, cave-wall artists either, but a neanderthal of no particular ability or grasp of the aesthetic).

Reading through it, I have seen some things I wish I could fix. I should have said "add to Zero" rather than subtract from it for AOB on an approaching ship (though in context, with the pictures there should be little confusion. You can't actually subtract from Zero given the configuration of the dial anyway)

In the disclaimer, I should have said Cameras.cam file--don't know where I got .dat from.

I misspelled Cimarron. On impulse I looked up the Cimarron on Wikipedia and it turns out the actual length of a Cimarron class tanker should be 169m. So at the very end, discussing the inaccuracies of the recognition manual I should have said "closer to 200m" rather than "almost 200m" if I were to trust that the devs got the model size historically right, which I'm not sure I do. The mission editor will not allow me to conveniently place two ships directly side by side. When I feel like it, I'll use my markings file as a yard-stick, since it absolutely is correct with ships of proven length, like the Hog Island, Liberty, and Victory freighters and find out exactly how long the Cimarron is in-game. I'll provide the information.

Anyway, the thing was done a bit slap-dash. As such, it's relatively error free. I could certainly stand to learn more about polishing my screen-shots and making them pretty.

Note--at present, for me, anyway, my Mediafire links are down. If the problem isn't corrected in a very few hours I'll post the files to Filefront or somewhere.

My mediafire account is still down. The files can be downloaded from Filefront at the following links:

http://www.filefront.com/17273019/RAOBFTUTORIAL.rar

http://www.filefront.com/17273027/IM...2&TUTORIAL.rar

Just uploaded, should be available shortly--10:12pm.

Last edited by nodlew; 09-07-10 at 09:12 PM.