Closed Thread

Old 03-16-22, 04:25 PM   #2356
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
I suspect she'll get some years for her other charges and suffer terribly in prison and finally done away with. Putin has no problem poisoning people

I'm afraid you may well be right. I certainly hope that's not the case. I'm sure if she would leave Russia, she would be welcomed else where as a journalist. She has certainly demonstrated she has a conscience, strength of character and integrity not to mention being a tough cookie. That's rare in TV Journalism when usually it's about, how good you can look on camera.
Old 03-16-22, 04:29 PM   #2357
astvitaliy1982
Lieutenant

Downloads: 550
Default news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Oh we all know what to think about America, if you think that makes Putin better?
Remember his action falls back on whole Russia.

I have problems with translation. Can you put it in more detail?
Old 03-16-22, 04:39 PM   #2358
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://www.nzz.ch/international/ukr...ste-ld.1674908
As recently as Tuesday morning, Russia's armed forces had spread the success story that they now controlled the entire province of Kherson in southern Ukraine. But by mid-afternoon, a different reality had emerged as an inferno erupted near the provincial capital of the same name. Several helicopters went up in flames at Kherson airport, which is used for military and civilian purposes. Details of the attack are not available, as the Ukrainian armed forces have not released any details other than aerial photographs. But it is clearly a major setback for the Russian occupiers.

During Wednesday, a clearer extent of the damage emerged thanks to new satellite imagery. The images, released by the private U.S. Earth observation company Planet Labs, show that at least five helicopters were destroyed in the attack, though probably more. In addition, other burned-out or damaged helicopters can be seen in other parts of the sprawling Russian military base. They are likely to have fallen victim to an earlier attack. There had already been reports to that effect a week ago.

Experts therefore speak of a total of at least sixteen helicopters, as well as missile sites and a double-digit number of military vehicles lost by Russia. This is the heaviest loss of Russian air forces so far in this war.

Meanwhile, a video said to have been taken immediately after the attack is also circulating on the Internet. It shows numerous Russian military vehicles on fire or otherwise badly damaged in front of the main airport building.

The video was undoubtedly made at Kherson airport, as a comparison with pre-war footage shows. The military vehicles are also clearly recognizable as Russian due to their markings.

The large-scale attack sheds light on the inability of Russian troops to sufficiently secure a newly captured strategic object such as this airport. Kherson is the first and so far only Ukrainian provincial capital to fall into Russian hands in this war. The region serves as a key bridgehead for supplying the offensive on Ukraine's southern front, which runs from Crimea through Kherson toward Mikolayiv. Dozens of helicopters were stationed at the military base, lined up for easy attack.

If this was an air strike, it would be further evidence of the gaps in Russian air defense. However, it is also conceivable that the area is still within range of Ukrainian artillery and that parts of the province are by no means under Moscow's control. In any case, demonstrations against the occupiers occur almost daily in the streets of Kherson.

Regardless of the background, the recent losses of helicopters will complicate Russia's future operations. Attacks are currently aimed from Kherson in two directions - northeast along the banks of the Dnipro River on the one hand, and toward Mikolayiv, the capital of the neighboring province to the north, on the other. For days, the Russians have been trying in vain to capture it. Control of Mikolayiv is likely to be a prerequisite for the invaders to subsequently turn their attention to the large city of Odessa, which, apart from sporadic air attacks, has remained relatively unscathed by the war.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Old 03-16-22, 04:39 PM   #2359
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by astvitaliy1982 View Post
Use deepl it is a wonderful translations tool and is more correct in its translation than google translate is.

https://www.deepl.com/translator

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 03-16-22, 04:45 PM   #2360
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

With the spring planting season coming soon I wonder how the farmers are planning crops. Gonna be a mess longer this goes!

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Old 03-16-22, 04:57 PM   #2361
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Europe knows exactly what it can expect from America, for better or worse.
Putin's own egomanic solely actions reflect back on the whole of Russia.

Does one wrong decision justify another one?
Powell obviously had second thoughts about his role in this war, but too late.
I never see any russian reports or opinions on what Stalin did was wrong, more than 70 years(!) after the war.

NATO did and does not threaten Russia. Ukraine did not threaten Russia. Some made-up ukranian "fascist dictator" threatening Donbas or Russia as a whole is a lie. Putin sent certain umm "influencers" like Wagner mercenaries and other trash and tried to instrumentalize other people in Donbas and Luhansk against the Ukraine.

What i really want to say is that i hope there is a difference between the Russian People and putin.
(upper and lower case letters were placed quite intentionally)

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 03-16-22, 04:59 PM   #2362
astvitaliy1982
Lieutenant

[QUOTE=Skybird;2799106]https://www.nzz.ch/international/ukr...ste-ld.1674908
As recently as Tuesday morning, Russia's armed forces had spread the success story that they now controlled the entire province of Kherson in southern Ukraine. But by mid-afternoon, a different reality had emerged as an inferno erupted near the provincial capital of the same name. Several helicopters went up in flames at Kherson airport, which is used for military and civilian purposes. Details of the attack are not available, as the Ukrainian armed forces have not released any details other than aerial photographs. But it is clearly a major setback for the Russian occupiers.

During Wednesday, a clearer extent of the damage emerged thanks to new satellite imagery. The images, released by the private U.S. Earth observation company Planet Labs, show that at least five helicopters were destroyed in the attack, though probably more. In addition, other burned-out or damaged helicopters can be seen in other parts of the sprawling Russian military base. They are likely to have fallen victim to an earlier attack. There had already been reports to that effect a week ago.

Experts therefore speak of a total of at least sixteen helicopters, as well as missile sites and a double-digit number of military vehicles lost by Russia. This is the heaviest loss of Russian air forces so far in this war.

Meanwhile, a video said to have been taken immediately after the attack is also circulating on the Internet. It shows numerous Russian military vehicles on fire or otherwise badly damaged in front of the main airport building.

The video was undoubtedly made at Kherson airport, as a comparison with pre-war footage shows. The military vehicles are also clearly recognizable as ...

I read about 16 burnt-out helicopters at Kherson airport... Some of which were burned earlier than the specified date of the capture of the Kherson region by parts of the Russian Federation. The Ukrainian side did not give any comments, but there are American satellite images showing some helicopters... So what? What does helicopters and Putin's lies have to do with it...? Whose is the Kherson region now? And this is clearly not the scale of Colin Powell's lies...
Old 03-16-22, 05:04 PM   #2363
Catfish

This is from february 26th, from the former president Petro Poroshenko

Old 03-16-22, 05:15 PM   #2364
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I'm watching this Livestream on yt and the comments especially from one who call it self for moko have given some interesting information during the time I have been watching.

I was away from the monitor for a few minutes when I return the Kharkiv camera was black. Hopefully it is the camera who is broken.

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 03-16-22, 05:30 PM   #2365
Catfish

Quote:
[...]
As recently as Tuesday morning, Russia's armed forces had spread the success story that they now controlled the entire province of Kherson in southern Ukraine. [...]
The video was undoubtedly made at Kherson airport, as a comparison with pre-war footage shows. The military vehicles are also clearly recognizable as ... [...]
So what? What does helicopters and Putin's lies have to do with it...? Whose is the Kherson region now? And this is clearly not the scale of Colin Powell's lies...
Now i do not quite understand this.
Of course there are lies on all sides, but with all this "real" or made-up footage posted, the overall picture is that Putin is the aggressor, and he is losing this war.
And it IS a WAR. It is also an INVASION, not a "special operation". Make no mistake, thousands of civilians are dying beause of russian troops ordered to invade Ukraine by Putin. And there is no one to blame other than Putin.

Again, Ukraine did not threaten Russia. NATO did not the threaten Russia.
Now, if it comes to Putin i hope the whole world WILL threaten him after this stunt.

Old 03-16-22, 05:54 PM   #2366
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

From Danish news this evening

BIDEN PROMISES MORE ARMS TO UKRAINE
US President Joe Biden announced on Wednesday that the United States will provide additional
800 million - to help Ukraine.

Among other things, the US will send drones and
anti-aircraft weapons to war-torn Ukraine as part of a comprehensive aid package.

- That includes 800 anti-aircraft guns to ensure the Ukrainian military
can continue to stop planes and helicopters, Biden says, according to Ritzau.

The US has also previously announced contributions to Ukraine. In total, US military aid amounts to more than a billion dollars

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Edit
Check flightradar24
End edit

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 03-16-22 at 06:07 PM.
mapuc is online  
Old 03-16-22, 06:11 PM   #2367
astvitaliy1982
Lieutenant

Default news

[QUOTE=Catfish;2799118]Now i do not quite understand this.

Good. Please answer me a simple question. Who's been killing me for eight years? And for what?
Old 03-16-22, 06:15 PM   #2368
Catfish

^ What kind of answer is this?

Old 03-16-22, 06:16 PM   #2369
Catfish

Quote:
"Now most people don't really understand yet what is happening and going to happen but in 4 months to 2 years we will have 5-10 million refugees from Russia moving to Europe sadly. We have utterly destroyed the Russian economy and it is being kept on manual life support right now. There is a limit to this which will show its first cracks in 1 month and more severely in 4-6. After a year or two it will become probably unmanigable. It is already in free fall but in 1-2 years it should collapse to a stand still. I am not sure people understand this.

The last lifeline it has is the oil and gas exports. If we cut that then the whole country will have a literal famine and North Korea style starvation in 1 year."
This is not really funny nor good.

Old 03-16-22, 06:21 PM   #2370
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Russia bombs theater used as shelter in Mariupol, council claims

Video emerged of the Mariupol Drama Theater in the Ukrainian port city after it was flattened by a Russian bomb.
Hundreds of people were said to have been sheltering there at the time. Video from a recent local television station broadcast in Mariupol showed many people had sought shelter in the theater.
Mariupol's city council claimed in a statement, "It is still impossible to estimate the scale of this horrific and inhumane act."
Ukraine's foreign minister Dmytro Kuleba wrote on Twitter, "Russians could not have not known this was a civilian shelter."

(Deutsche Welle)

Last news says the theatre was sheltering up to 1200 people.

Photography proves that before the attack the plazas before the theatre were marked with big letters reading "children". I assume that was why the theatre was targetted by the Russian - to maximise the psychological terror.
It goes without saying that this is a war crime, one amnognst so amny already, but certainly one of the worst so far. As is the hostage taking in that hospital.

A speaker of the local townhall said it was not artillery or missile fire that destroyed the theatre, but an aircraft overhead that dropped a bomb.

In other news it is confirmed that Russia once again put heavy artillery fire and missiles fire onto a trek of refugees trying to flee from Mariupol. A two digit number of refugees were killed, several more injured.

This is not military war. This is systematic and intentional mass murdering of civilians, or in other words: genocide.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-16-22 at 07:21 PM.
Closed Thread