SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-19-10, 03:50 AM   #2296
Jack Davidson
Sailor man

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0

Hiya TDW,

Love your work. After shelving it until 1.2 patch arrived, your mod plus a couple of others, like Mighty Fine Crew, More Dialogue Commands and a few others have really got me enjoying SH5 again.... immersion factor is climbing again...

Anyway, I'm getting the same problem as caine and Lopo...

I've started a new campaign after patch 1.2 and your updated mod. I've set out on my first "real" mission (after tutorial) from Kiel, and have found that the obs periscope doesnt rise all the way up anymore. Attack scope is fine, but obs scope barely breaks the surface, and even in mild weather it is almost impossible to view anything. Any thoughts? Just wondering if this is a known bug?

Haven't noticed anyother problems so far..

Enjoying all the new features.

Cheers

"...how bloody-minded some men are [yet] bloody, mad, swearing, flashy fellows are commonly but ordinary fellows in the face of their enemy". William Dampier, 1685.

PIRATES AHOY! Modding Community.
Jack Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 03:53 AM   #2297
Meldric
Officer

Downloads: 167

I have the same issue here with the scope...
Meldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 04:19 AM   #2298
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

The Observation Periscope not rising to the dame height as the Attack Periscope was introduced by Patch 1.15 not by this MOD.
Until we are able to edit the Ganny 3D Model there is nothing we can do about it.
As a side note. It isn't that the ObsScope is lower but rather that the Attack Periscope was made to extend higher. If you use default submarine CFG file and go to periscope depth of 12 meters the ObsScope can be used. The Attack Periscope now lets you decend to 18 meters and still track your targets visually.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 08:36 AM   #2299
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
The Observation Periscope not rising to the dame height as the Attack Periscope was introduced by Patch 1.15 not by this MOD.
The twisty periscope thingie does this as well.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 08:53 PM   #2300
kylania
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
what do you have the max radio contact range set to in the top right bar? You need to be in the 1,000s to receive them.....most of the radio contact reports are in the range of 1800-3000. Try setting it to 9999 and you'll get every contact report that comes across the wire
Taking a look at the UPC SpecialAbilities for the Radio guy, he's got a passive ability that increases the chance that you'll get a radio contact. Previously I'd been playing with a guy with maxed skills. Then I started a new campaign and have one with no skills, which might be why I'm not getting many contacts at all.

Old 05-19-10, 10:55 PM   #2301
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHub532 View Post
What if when the radio contact came in (and it's at or shorter than your range setting)... and it automatically posted on the notepad in the Radio contact info: xxx km from contact........Where it tells you how many km's you are from the target.
Good idea! Will be available in next version.

Here's how the next version of the UIs mod is shaping up:

- When new radio contact comes in and it within the max radio range you defined then you'll see an additional entry in messagebox stating the range, bearing, true bearing, and intercept to the radio contact
- fixed the clock bug of clicking the X on the chrono not closing the clock.
- Suppressed 'sync' startup messages from the officers (no more start up entries at game start in your messagebox)
- When you minimize the messagebox the latest message is made visible
- fixed possible language dependency problems with radio contact reports received and radio messages received

giving the sonar commands another icon - constant bearing. This way you can select normal sweep or constant bearing

When new radio contact comes in and it within the max radio range you defined then you'll see this additional entry in messagebox:

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 05-19-10 at 11:10 PM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 11:08 PM   #2302
kylania
Silent Hunter

I noticed a strange bearing thing the other night. In this example I'm on course 290-ish, heading at my target so the Bearing (Brg) and Intercept (290) are both correct, but shouldn't the True Bearing (True Brg) be 290 as well, instead of 0? That number should come from True North right?

Old 05-19-10, 11:13 PM   #2303
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
I noticed a strange bearing thing the other night. In this example I'm on course 290-ish, heading at my target so the Bearing (Brg) and Intercept (290) are both correct, but shouldn't the True Bearing (True Brg) be 290 as well, instead of 0? That number should come from True North right?

yes and no. True bearing is the bearing you would turn your scope to to 'see' the target. Your current scope must have been at 0 and thus it was 'following' your subs heading. Since there was no deviation from sub's heading and scope bearing the True bearing is 0.
Old 05-19-10, 11:21 PM   #2304
kylania
Silent Hunter

Quote:
yes and no. True bearing is the bearing you would turn your scope to to 'see' the target. Your current scope must have been at 0 and thus it was 'following' your subs heading. Since there was no deviation from sub's heading and scope bearing the True bearing is 0.
Ahh, I see. I always thought "bearing" or "relative bearing" was the direction based on where your boat was pointing while "True bearing" was based on "north = up".

I really like the range being listed on the radio reports. One thing I would suggest is making an option for the speed. A toggle in options for either displaying the actual speed "15kts" or "Slow"/"Medium"/"Fast".

Might even take it a step further and have that extra information be tied to the "Show Info" toggle setting, since that display of actual speed was one thing a lot of realism captains didn't like.

Another request: Did you ever have luck in getting individual torpedo doors opening/closing via a button/switch? I really miss that from SH3. heh

Old 05-19-10, 11:27 PM   #2305
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Ahh, I see. I always thought "bearing" or "relative bearing" was the direction based on where your boat was pointing while "True bearing" was based on "north = up".

I really like the range being listed on the radio reports. One thing I would suggest is making an option for the speed. A toggle in options for either displaying the actual speed "15kts" or "Slow"/"Medium"/"Fast".

Might even take it a step further and have that extra information be tied to the "Show Info" toggle setting, since that display of actual speed was one thing a lot of realism captains didn't like.

Another request: Did you ever have luck in getting individual torpedo doors opening/closing via a button/switch? I really miss that from SH3. heh
Should I change the True bearing to Scope bearing then?

very good suggestion on the speed! I will add that and make an option (somehow) for either displaying the real speed or slow/medium/fast.

Now what speed ranges define:
- slow?
- medium?
- fast?

I'm working on adding the torpedo door toggles to the scopes
Old 05-19-10, 11:33 PM   #2306
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104

How about making little officer size screens on the mod where those you are in the wolfpack with can have their webcams on and you can all video chat while you are sneaking up on a convoy?

Sorry.. just daydreaming.

McHub532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-10, 11:49 PM   #2307
kylania
Silent Hunter

The included speed charts list:

Slow = 2 to 6 kts
Medium = 7 to 12 knots
Fast = 13 kts and above

Quote:
While we're daydreaming, how about having the Cook's Special Meal ability automatically order a meal from http://www.sendameal.com/

Old 05-20-10, 01:20 AM   #2308
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Quote:
How about making little officer size screens on the mod where those you are in the wolfpack with can have their webcams on and you can all video chat while you are sneaking up on a convoy?

Naughty!
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 02:41 AM   #2309
Athlonic
Chief

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 2

Quote:

While we're daydreaming, how about having the Cook's Special Meal ability automatically order a meal from http://www.sendameal.com/
Why not.

Look what happened to my crew when they ate some cook's special soup with his homemade mushrooms in it.

more bloody shots here :

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1250
Athlonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 04:13 AM   #2310
Paco
Captain

Downloads: 345

Quote:
very good suggestion on the speed! I will add that and make an option (somehow) for either displaying the real speed or slow/medium/fast.
I want this

Quote:
Now what speed ranges define:
- slow?
- medium?
- fast?
Like in the speedcharts, kylania wrote them here.

Another request:

Is it possible to implement a torpedo data report (Schussunterlagen)? So we could (by Hand or automatic) write down the firesolutions after pressing the firebuttons. For me, I calculate my firesolution and often, I miss for example by shots from aft torpedo. Afterwards I ask me, why did I missed, was the speed wrong, or false aob, etc.

With the torpedo data report, I have all data in an overview and could teach myself....

I found this table in the net:

Nice to have it automatically with each torpedo

Greets,
Paco.

Last edited by Paco; 05-20-10 at 06:52 AM.
Paco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui