Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-22, 10:26 AM   #2251
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

That Russian journalist, mother of two, is theatened by a high penalty fee and up to 10 days in prison for "organization of a prohibited event".

However, the new media "laws" recently released can also see her sentenced for "public dissemination of false information about the Russian military". That comes with up to 15 years in camp.

Also, her children can be used against her, and/or taken away from her.

It still is not known where she is being held, or even is still alive. Conditions and treatment during her captivity also are unknown.

Kremlin critic Navalny just hours ago saw another 13 years packed on top of the prison term he currently is beign kept in. Its clear that in both cases the laws are not about justice and civil code order, but enforcing state terror to intimidate and suppress the people.
Old 03-15-22, 10:37 AM   #2252
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
That Russian journalist, mother of two, is theatened by a high penalty fee and up to 10 days in prison for "organization of a prohibited event".

However, the new media "laws" recently released can also see her sentenced for "public dissemination of false information about the Russian military". That comes with up to 15 years in camp.

It still is not known where she is being held, or even is still alive. Conditions and treatment during her captivity also are unknown.

Kremlin critic Navalny just hours ago saw another 13 years packed on top of the prison term he currently is beign kept in. Its clear that in both cases the laws are not about justice and civil code order, but enforcing state terror to intimidate and suppress the people.
https://punchng.com/just-in-protesti...-moscow-court/

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Old 03-15-22, 10:52 AM   #2253
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

No doubt-The Russian is protesting against the war-Doesn't look like they are demonstrating against Putin.

Is it implied that these demonstration against the war in fact is a demonstration against Putin ??

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 03-15-22, 11:06 AM   #2254
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

@Sky

No idea how accurate it is but I never thought I'd see something like that written by the Express.

Quote:
‘Too insane for us’ Kim humiliates Putin after Russia begs North Korea for help.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...-korea-ukraine

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-15-22, 11:32 AM   #2255
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:

She should consider herself very lucky after receiving a fine of £213 in monetary terms

Old 03-15-22, 11:48 AM   #2256
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

Next Alaska?

"We should be thinking about reparations from the damage that was caused by the sanctions and the war itself, because that too costs money and we should get it back. The return of all Russian properties, those of the Russian empire, the Soviet Union and current Russia, which has been seized in the United States, and so on."
“Are you including Alaska and Fort Ross?” the host asked.
“That was my next point. As well as the Antarctic," Matveychev continued. "We discovered it, so it belongs to us... Also, the return of all medals that have been unlawfully taken from our sportsmen during all Olympic games, as well as the extradition of [Grigory] Rodchenkov, along with the extradition of multiple other criminals we’ll want. I think we should start voicing all of that, so they understand what will be on the table. You didn’t want to talk to us about something small, like Ukraine’s neutrality, here’s what you get. And that’s not even all of it.”

https://www.rawstory.com/russia-alaska-uclear-strike/
Old 03-15-22, 12:03 PM   #2257
Skybird
Soaring

^I have better use for the frozen Russian funds. Take them and give them to the Ukraine as reparations.
Old 03-15-22, 12:21 PM   #2258
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyMowgli View Post
Next Alaska?

"We should be thinking about reparations from the damage that was caused by the sanctions and the war itself, because that too costs money and we should get it back. The return of all Russian properties, those of the Russian empire, the Soviet Union and current Russia, which has been seized in the United States, and so on."
“Are you including Alaska and Fort Ross?” the host asked.
“That was my next point. As well as the Antarctic," Matveychev continued. "We discovered it, so it belongs to us... Also, the return of all medals that have been unlawfully taken from our sportsmen during all Olympic games, as well as the extradition of [Grigory] Rodchenkov, along with the extradition of multiple other criminals we’ll want. I think we should start voicing all of that, so they understand what will be on the table. You didn’t want to talk to us about something small, like Ukraine’s neutrality, here’s what you get. And that’s not even all of it.”

https://www.rawstory.com/russia-alaska-uclear-strike/
Sorry but I have to

From the article
"
Does your list include a tactical nuclear strike, or are we going straight for the strategic one?" the host asked.

“What for? We can take them down without it," replied Matveychev.
"

They can not even beat The Ukrainian army
They have huge problem with their logistics.
And then they will take on an organization who is way more better than Ukraine-When it comes to many thing.

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 03-15-22, 12:27 PM   #2259
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:
^I have better use for the frozen Russian funds. Take them and give them to the Ukraine as reparations.
That is undoubtedly what will happen since that is what happened with seized Afghan and Iran assets. The groundwork is already being laid for it by Ukraine.

Russian response as far as I can see would be to seize Western assets in Russia either as a bargaining chip or compensation.

Apparently, there are at least U.S. $400 Billion in western assets that Russia could seize, including U.S. $200 Billion owed to foreign banks/investors:

https://www.reuters.com/markets/euro...ia-2022-03-03/

Russia has some debt repayments coming up this week and depending on what they do that would give us some idea on what they are planning. The amounts are due in U.S. Dollars but rumours are that Russia will offer to pay in Rubles.

Last edited by Bilge_Rat; 03-15-22 at 12:38 PM.
Old 03-15-22, 12:32 PM   #2260
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post

Russia has some debt repayments coming up this week and depending on what they do that would give us some idea on what they are planning. The amounts are due in U.S. Dollars but rumours are that Russia will offer to pay in Rubles.

Old 03-15-22, 12:37 PM   #2261
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Any clue what weapon system this is,30mm?. Notice those Russians behind the tank...

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Old 03-15-22, 12:40 PM   #2262
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

BTR-4 "Bucephalus" 8x8. Its combat module (uninhabited) is armed with a 30 mm automatic cannon, a 7.62 machine gun, a 30 mm automatic grenade launcher and Barrier anti-tank missiles. This is the most common type of weapon, but there are other modules. Amphibious armored personnel carrier, can accommodate 6-10 troops.

Old 03-15-22, 02:23 PM   #2263
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
She should consider herself very lucky after receiving a fine of £213 in monetary terms
You are too early there. That fine is just for calling to demonstrate in another video that she prepared separately in social media.

State attorney still "considers" whether or not to sue her by that new media law for using the word "war" which is under ban in the USSR now (also, you are not allowed to mention "aggression" and "invasion" in context with the Ukraine war. The law fully affects foreigners/visitors in the country as well, including correspondents). And for that she can get a maximum penalty of 15 years in labour camp.

Her only hope is that they want to play down the affair and not attract further attention to it. If they decide instead for executing an example, she is done.

The USSR released sanctions against the US: Biden is not allowed to travel to the country anymore.

The UN say that now over 3 million refugees have fled formt he Ukraine. Half of them are children.

Odessa likely expects the beginning of the Russian attack on the city tonight, local authorities say.
Old 03-15-22, 02:41 PM   #2264
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Yes, we are all far from out of the woods still.

Old 03-15-22, 03:16 PM   #2265
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

For once I hope I'm right.

Does anyone think that Putin could be so mad he would use weapon of mass destruction if he lose the war in Ukraine.

He may be aware he will face the wrath from rest of the world-if he does.

I say he wouldn't He only use words to scare the Ukrainian

Markus

mapuc is online  
Closed Thread