Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-02-20, 11:29 AM   #2251
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

You haven't seen nothing yet.

The next 1½-2 years will be the Corona age. The pandemic will act as a wave on a beach-rolling towards the beach and cover most of it and then return.

Depression: Already now we are witnessing the beginning of a long world wide economical depression, more severe than the 1929 depression.
This depression will continue years after we have developed immunity or found a cure against this Corona.

War-History will repeat itself: I expect most of us will see a war arise as an affect from the ongoing economical depression - Can't say if it's going to be world war, regional wars.

(I could be wrong)

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 11:48 AM   #2252
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Just the flu, bro.

1.5 million? As of February US Flu cases for the 2019-2020 season = 19 million, bro.

https://www.contagionlive.com/news/u...-the-last-week
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 12:52 PM   #2253
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Considering how much more virulent COVID-19 is its probably already surpassed those numbers, bro.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 01:04 PM   #2254
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Infection Trajectory: See Which Countries are Flattening Their COVID-19 Curve

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/inf...covid19-curve/

Old 04-02-20, 01:21 PM   #2255
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

It's nearly that time again.

The sound of applause, cheers, and spoons clanking against pans is set to ring out in the UK at 20:00 GMT, as people show their support for those working on the frontline.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 01:37 PM   #2256
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post

The sound of applause, cheers, and spoons clanking against pans is set to ring out in the UK at 20:00 GMT, as people show their support for those working on the frontline.
The Prince of the Power of the Air can travel farther than a sneeze or a cough or the recommended 6 ft

Don't go outside or join them send them TP
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 01:46 PM   #2257
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post

Hey jim came across this.....

Quote:
A "humbled and emotional" paramedic has thanked a stranger who paid for his shopping and customers who applauded him at a supermarket.

People queuing outside Lidl in Cromer, Norfolk, made way for David Tillyer - who had just finished a night shift - "with applause and thank-yous".

He said a woman who "ran up and swiped her card" as he went to pay told him: "Not much you can do to stop me".

His thank-you on Facebook has been shared 78,000 times.

"I am humbled and a bit emotional," wrote Mr Tillyer, who works for the East of England Ambulance Service (EEAS)

"Thank you to the lady that did that and thank you to all the shoppers that made me feel special after a tough run of shifts #NHSandProud #stayhome #covidkindness."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-52133766

BETTER RESPONSE TONIGHT...

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!

Last edited by STEED; 04-02-20 at 02:01 PM.
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 02:07 PM   #2258
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Infection Trajectory: See Which Countries are Flattening Their COVID-19 Curve
I'll express faith in the tooth fairy before I believe that red line that represents China.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 02:26 PM   #2259
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
[RIGHT]
Especially the Trump administration desperately tries to deflect the guilt it has accumulated for its ignorrant, delayed, inadequat reactions. Martenson does not let them get away with it.

Skybird my man, you give Trump waaay too much credit he is not supposed to be the supreme Führer everyone thinks he should be. You need to realize, in my country we say that we live in the United States of America, not the Federated States of America. Though our Constitution is considered the supreme law of the land. The 10th amendment says: all powers not delegated to the federal government are reserved to the states or to the people ( https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitu...n/amendment-10 ) This includes crisis management and regulating where and what can be sold as food fit for human consumption.

Take note what Vienna said earlier how California WITH VOTER APPROVAL from that state appears to have planned for a crisis like this. Good on them for exercising their rights and responsibilities. Just as it is the Great State of New York's responsibilty to foresee the need for a contingency plan **. Even though the Federal Government can and does legally act independently in many matters. Much to everyone's chagrin it does not, even in times of domestic crisis, have sweeping powers to take control of the situation. Much of that, for better or for worse, still lies with the people just as it should be. Contrary to what the tree guy says I do not need nor do I want an all powerful Führer to rise up in a time of crisis to begin governing this country. Especially Trump who is of German descent.

** https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/new...s-15172994.php

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-02-20 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-02-20, 02:30 PM   #2260
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
I'll express faith in the tooth fairy before I believe that red line that represents China.

China aside it seems like the Aussies are the only ones heading in the right direction.

Old 04-02-20, 03:13 PM   #2261
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
[RIGHT]
While muich of the nage against China is justfiied, and not for the first time, the attempt to deflect own responsibility for not believing, for ignoring, for not reacting to what intel services have told Western governments, is just this: defleciton of own guilt. Of course theChiense lies, that what rwegimes and even moderate gonvenr,ments doi all the time. Thnats why we have intel sevrices and satellites, why we wiretap and overhear electornic communications: to know better despite the lies and püroganada others give us.

I strongly recommend the last video by Chris Martenson "Geopoltiical Blame game erupts", I have linked it last night. As usual, he hits all the amrks on right this issue. Especially the Trump administration desperately tries to deflect the guilt it has accumulated for its ignorrant, delayed, inadequat reactions. Martenson does not let them get away with it.
Trump is going to try to deflect and blame anyone else, but his own words have shown us what a complete idiot he is.

Problem is, there are enough of his brainwashed followers who will never get it.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 03:27 PM   #2262
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Trump is going to try to deflect and blame anyone else, but his own words have shown us what a complete idiot he is.

Problem is, there are enough of his brainwashed followers who will never get it.

As long as there are enough of them to get him reelected and stave off the evil Democrats is all that really counts.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 03:42 PM   #2263
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Skybird my man, you give Trump waaay too much credit he is not supposed to be the supreme Führer everyone thinks he should be. You need to realize, in my country we say that we live in the United States of America, not the Federated States of America. Though our Constitution is considered the supreme law of the land. The 10th amendment says: all powers not delegated to the federal government are reserved to the states or to the people ( https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitu...n/amendment-10 ) This includes crisis management and regulating where and what can be sold as food fit for human consumption.

Take note what Vienna said earlier how California WITH VOTER APPROVAL from that state appears to have planned for a crisis like this. Good on them for exercising their rights and responsibilities. Just as it is the Great State of New York's responsibilty to foresee the need for a contingency plan **. Even though the Federal Government can and does legally act independently in many matters. Much to everyone's chagrin it does not, even in times of domestic crisis, have sweeping powers to take control of the situation. Much of that, for better or for worse, still lies with the people just as it should be. Contrary to what the tree guy says I do not need nor do I want an all powerful Führer to rise up in a time of crisis to begin governing this country. Especially Trump who is of German descent.

** https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/new...s-15172994.php

While Russian Federation is still a fairly young state we did release those powers to the regional authorities to respond as they see fit, to fit their reaction to the problem that they have, with federal support and backing ofcourse.
Old 04-02-20, 03:43 PM   #2264
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The "president" and the minions he has rallied around him (birds of same feather flock together, mind you) are pretty much the same thing, and the latter usually speka on behaklf of the first.

From 06:15 til 16:12 here:

I now, California acted a bit earlier, this senator from Ohio as well. But the general federal reaction? Sorry to say, but the US has dropped its pants in front of the world, the performance is ridiculous, and now US ciotiozens are dying in scores higher than wou,ld have been needed. The detah that would not have been needed - this ios the crime and incomoetence I accuse the adminstration on. The deaths that would nto have been needed. Faulci recently said somehtign like that with the measure NOW chosen, 240 thousand will die. Without thes emeasures, 2 million would have died. Makes you wonder how many lives could have beens aved if reacting six weeks earlier.

Instead now we have - the blame game. Or better: the deflection game.

A "superpower's" reaction and performance this is not.

On the financial and economic consequences, mapuc has it right with his assessment. I said early, very early already, that this desaster is a historical game changer that spells the end of the economic and fincial civilization as we knew it. And that it will reshape the world at least as strong if not stronger than WW2 did. I fail to see how the already hilariously crippled "money" system, that since two decades is in intensive care and since as long has not made a single stroke of breath by its own, and now is in even more hopeless state tha it was 2007 already, can survive this.

All our individual attempts to financially secure out futures, our paper stuff, our pensions, our savings, whatever - it all now is in doubt and means total unsecurity.

What goes high up, finally comes down again. And it does so with "Karacho", like a meteor.

Last edited by Skybird; 04-02-20 at 04:07 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 03:53 PM   #2265
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Its the obvious which concerns me how the ChiComs have been attacking us with ever-evolving onslaughts of gnarly viruses for 50+ years. They are relentless and occur as predictably as clockwork. They are the direct result of Chinese consuming strange and bizarre bowls of Happy Soup, which by design, culture, superstition, and demonic orchestration include everything in the Animal and Plant kingdoms, with no exceptions or avoidances.
Rubbish. Let's have a look at some pandemics since 1900:

SARS/SARS 2/MERS: original hosts: bats origin: China / Arabic peninsula

H1N1 2009/10 "swine flu": original host: domestic pigs origin: Mexico/USA

HIN1 1918-20 "Spanish flu": original host: domestic birds / pigs origin: USA

We learn: Mutation to a potentially deadly new virus can take place in any terrestrial vertebrate, domestic or wild, and of course it can happen in Homo sapiens too. "Wet markets" and food patterns are not prerequisites for a transfer from animals to humans. The critical mutation could take place in your living room and the deadly mutant could jump over while you are petting your hamster ("He sounded a little hoarse recently").

All in all your post qualifies for one of the most bizarre and inappropriate in this thread.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)

Last edited by skidman; 04-02-20 at 07:59 PM.
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan