Closed Thread

Old 03-13-22, 08:38 AM   #2146
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Too bad the US won't quietly ship a couple thousand drones.

The best ending for this is Ukraine surrenders right now to save further lives and property. Then in the next Russian election, they get to vote, right? So, 20 million anti-Putin votes.

Turkey has quietly sold the Ukraine 20 Bayraktar TB2 armed drones. Apparently, the Ukrainians have used these drones effectively against Russian forces. Although more drones would be useful, that's half the equation. I think other countries have also supplied drones. The anti tank weapons are the other half. I would be interested in knowing how well the supply chain of ant tank munitions is working out.

https://time.com/6153197/ukraine-rus...nes-bayraktar/

Old 03-13-22, 09:03 AM   #2147
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Have been doing a lot of research job the lastest 1½ hour.

A friend posted a side-by-side picture-Where the picture on the right was from the huge explosion in China 2015. and the picture on the left was same.

The picture on the left has a text saying

Bild.de
Rusland bombardiert die Ukraininen

Both picture is the same.

The picture on the right is correct-The altered picture with the German text on the left(same picture) is fake.

Edit
Found an article on BBC about fake picture and the picture I was talking about is on this page

Quote:
This post incorrectly passes off the deadly Tianjin explosions as warfare in Ukraine
Various uploads of the clip have been viewed hundreds of thousands of times.

The video actually shows footage of the 12 August 2015 Tianjin blasts in China, which killed around 173 people when a container containing chemicals exploded at a port.
https://www.bbc.com/news/60528276

End edit

Markus

My little lovely female cat

Last edited by mapuc; 03-13-22 at 09:21 AM.
mapuc is online  
Old 03-13-22, 09:30 AM   #2148
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Unfortunately Neal, we've seen what happens to votes in previous Russian elections.

Who needs elections anyway?

Russia introduced a new mayor in a captured Ukrainian city after abducting its elected mayor

https://www.businessinsider.com/russ...dnapped-2022-3

Quote:
Russians put in place a new mayor in the Ukrainian city of Melitopol, CNN reported.

The city's democratically elected mayor, Ivan Fedorov, was kidnapped by Russian forces on Friday.

Galina Danilchenko, the city's acting mayor, was not elected.

Russia installed a new mayor in the Ukrainian city of Melitopol after soldiers kidnapped the city's democratically elected mayor.

The new mayor, Galina Danilchenko, was introduced as the city's acting mayor on local TV, CNN reported, citing a statement from the Zaporozhye regional administration website.

In a televised statement posted to Telegram, Danilchenkso said her "main task is to take all necessary steps to get the city back to normal," CNN reported. She said there are people in Melitopol who are trying to disrupt "the situation and provoke a reaction of bad behavior."

"I ask you to keep your wits about you and not to give in to these provocations," Danilchenko said. "I appeal to the deputies, elected by the people, on all levels. Since you were elected by the people, it is your duty to care about the well-being of your citizens."

Melitopol is located in the southeastern region of Ukraine, about 425 miles from Kyiv.

Russian forces on Friday kidnapped Melitopol's mayor, Ivan Fedorov, according to Ukrainian authorities. Ten armed soldiers were caught on camera walking him away with a plastic bag over his head.

Fedorov was elected by the people of the city, while was installed in place by Russian force.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs called Fedorov's abduction "a war crime under the Geneva Conventions and the Additional Protocol that prohibit the taking of civilian hostages during the war."

"We call on the international community to respond immediately to the abduction of Ivan Fedorov and other civilians, and to increase pressure on Russia to end its barbaric war against the Ukrainian people," the ministry said in its statement.

Early on into the Ukraine-Russia conflict, Russia said it had captured Melitopol, a claim that Western countries like the United Kingdom dismissed.

Russia said its troops were welcomed into the city and were met with little resistance. British armed forces minister James Heappey said Russian troops were "held up" by "incredible" Ukrainian resistance.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 03-13-22, 10:39 AM   #2149
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Too bad the US won't quietly ship a couple thousand drones.

The best ending for this is Ukraine surrenders right now to save further lives and property. Then in the next Russian election, they get to vote, right? So, 20 million anti-Putin votes.
"Anti-Putin votes?"

That thought is so unreal on so many levels. I mean: Russia...!? Voting...!?

The votes will never fail Putin. Nor his successor one day in the future.

I wonder whether we should not escalate from our side. Let them taste their won medicine. This puts pressure on the persons subordinate to Putin so far, I assume some of them have still functional survival instincts. Putin must be toppled, and it can only be done from within the Russian hierarchy, not by agents from outside, they would not reach him. But why would they want to topple him if what he does seems to work for them well enough?
Old 03-13-22, 10:57 AM   #2150
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

I still think sending them 5000 commercial type drones rather than one million dollar military drone is the answer. You can trick one out and get a range of 10 miles or more and with 10 lbs of C4 using at night with night vision could do some serious damage. Heck, one ounce blow a hole through half inch of steel. Just land em and set em off. If they want to shoot S400 missiles at them, all the better. Sort of like a Yellow Jacket swarm attack.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Old 03-13-22, 11:33 AM   #2151
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
I still think sending them 5000 commercial type drones rather than one million dollar military drone is the answer. You can trick one out and get a range of 10 miles or more and with 10 lbs of C4 using at night with night vision could do some serious damage. Heck, one ounce blow a hole through half inch of steel. Just land em and set em off. If they want to shoot S400 missiles at them, all the better. Sort of like a Yellow Jacket swarm attack.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-13-22, 11:38 AM   #2152
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Russia sanctions: How the measures have changed daily life.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60647543

Old 03-13-22, 11:55 AM   #2153
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

I'm curious to see how far this gets. H. R. 6869.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...9/text?r=1&s=1

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 03-13-22, 12:08 PM   #2154
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I doubt there are many privateers or corsairs about these days.

Old 03-13-22, 12:43 PM   #2155
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Mi-28 is armed, amongst others, with AT-9 Spiral ATGM: maximum range around 6 km.
[...]
I am not sure what you meant with the rest lol.
What i meant is the russian DXL-5 Havoc or 'ravager', though i doubt its range. Putin should be careful, or better, not.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 03-13-22, 12:43 PM   #2156
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

"Journalism is dead in Russia" Did it truly ever exist?https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=468655075042910

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Old 03-13-22, 12:56 PM   #2157
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 131

OHH! I want a Letter of Marque!

Hey Aktung! That Pirate Ship still for sale out your way?

Old 03-13-22, 01:04 PM   #2158
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I'm curious to see how far this gets. H. R. 6869.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...9/text?r=1&s=1
If I understand this correctly these bill-makers want that US shall do the same as EU have done a few times-seize Russians megayacht, private jet a.s.o.

It's not nukes our leaders here in West are worried about-It's their chemical weapon they fear Putin in his desperation will use 'cause as mentioned in a Danish article-Putin has lost the war.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 03-13-22, 01:19 PM   #2159
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
"Journalism is dead in Russia" Did it truly ever exist?https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=468655075042910
Putin has taken his country back decades if not centuries.

Old 03-13-22, 01:21 PM   #2160
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Closed Thread