SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-24-07, 08:15 PM   #196
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Hey WernerSobe

Why don't you just post a download link for the Zone's file if that is all that is needed over the last fix for the Natural Sinking Mechanics.

Just a sugestion.
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-07, 08:57 PM   #197
WernerSobe
Commodore

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
Why don't you just post a download link for the Zone's file if that is all that is needed over the last fix for the Natural Sinking Mechanics.

Just a sugestion.
Well look there are maybe new players who didnt install the previous versions. Didnt want to confuse them with another extra download. And after all the mod is only 500kb, better to keep it in one piece.
WernerSobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-07, 09:03 PM   #198
WernerSobe
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopped50ford
I just want to make sure before I overlay this:

Im getting this from JSME, any significant effect this will cause?

"Zones.cfg" has already been altered by the "REL_Trigger_Maru_1-5" mod.
"NDD_Fubuki.zon" has already been altered by the "REL_Trigger_Maru_1-5" mod.
"NDD_Shiratsuyu.zon" has already been altered by the "REL_Trigger_Maru_1-5" mod.
"NKSCS_Taihosan.zon" has already been altered by the "REL_Trigger_Maru_1-5" mod.

Thanks, just want to be sure.
zones.cfg is the heart of this mod. It contains the flooding parameters. But it also contains zone proparties for planes and your sub. TM 1.5 changed some zone proparties a little bit. But you wont miss them because the entire damage system is replaced one by one.

the other files are ship files. That ships were bugged and TM 1.5 contained fixed files. This mod is also fixing that ships so of course you get that message. However the ship files in this mod are different because there are more bugs fixed and the compartment layouts were reworked.

So you can install this mod over TM you aint losing anything. But id suggest you to get new version of triger maru. Triger Maru 1.6 now has Natural Sinking Mechanics included.
Old 08-25-07, 10:20 AM   #199
billko
中国水兵

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerSobe
ok fixed. The ammo bunker for the deckgun was responsible for the bug when it was damaged.

use the link on first page to download the latest version 3.2
OMG, dude, you spend WAY too much time on this stuff! Get some rest! I appreciate the relentelss pursuit of the bug and squashing it. Also, thanks to everyone here for their valuable input. With several key witnesses with sharp-as-tacks recall and a few good advisors, the problem was solved!

Bill
billko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-07, 10:36 AM   #200
Wokcus
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerSobe
ok fixed. The ammo bunker for the deckgun was responsible for the bug when it was damaged.

use the link on first page to download the latest version 3.2
Awesome job Werner! Thanks again for all your hard work on this great mod.
Wokcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-07, 08:50 PM   #201
Seadogs
Ensign

Downloads: 3

Question: The fixed issue for the large tanker, was this the issue where it's draft was so low it looked like it was taking on water to begin with? If so I just noticed some wierdness inport Okinawa (can't remember the port name, the one just south of Naha) where I have cargo ships almost fully sunk sitting in port. I can post screenies if you like later today.

Using the version embedded into TM 1.6 by the way.
Seadogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-07, 09:08 PM   #202
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67

Shipping doing wierd things in a port is a stock bug from SH3 thats carried over into SH4. The game doesnt really save positions of objects, it just places them, and they do what they want according to the waypoint information they have assigned (if any) . So if you reload a game that is saved in or near a port, weird things can happen.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-07, 11:00 PM   #203
Seadogs
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
Shipping doing wierd things in a port is a stock bug from SH3 thats carried over into SH4. The game doesnt really save positions of objects, it just places them, and they do what they want according to the waypoint information they have assigned (if any) . So if you reload a game that is saved in or near a port, weird things can happen.
Roger, thanks!
Old 08-28-07, 01:56 AM   #204
switch.dota
Captain

Found a pretty annoying issue today:

I was engaging a taskforce led by a Mogami. I got a textbook spread of three directly into his port side. By textbook I mean 1 midship hit, one aft and one fore, pretty evenly spread across the length. The ship listed heavily to port and stopped dead in the water but did not sink, even after 6 hours. I fired another torpedo directly into the starboard midsection. 20 minutes later the ship was low in the water, no longer listing. I fired my last torpedo at the rear section of the vessel.

So after 2 hours and 5 Mk XIV torpedo hits (evenly spread across the ship's length on both sides), a Mogami Heavy Cruiser is dead in the water with no intention of sinking.

Now comes my question: is such a behaviour normal for a Mogami? I am currently using TM 1.6 and the included version of NSM.
switch.dota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-07, 03:52 AM   #205
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Just FYI to avoid any confusion, for anyone using TM 1.6 and are directing questions to Werensobe:

- TM 1.6 is using NSM Light.

- TM 1.6 does not include any torpedo modifications.

Its worth noting that Wernersobe included a torpedo modifcation that doubled torpedo damage, which i opted not to use. Primarly because (in laymans terms) once a compartment starts to flood, it will always flood to 100%. How fast depends on how much damage is done. This, in conjunction with not using wernersobe's torpedo modification, is why i used the LIGHT version instead of the classic version.
Old 08-28-07, 04:57 PM   #206
WernerSobe
Commodore

Quote:

Its worth noting that Wernersobe included a torpedo modifcation that doubled torpedo damage, which i opted not to use. Primarly because (in laymans terms) once a compartment starts to flood, it will always flood to 100%.
I realy cant say for sure but i think thats not true. It need to be tested. However i have discovered that its not true for the deckgun. Ive been running tests with the deckgun which was primary the reason why i have increased both, zone hitpoints and torpedo damage.

From my expirience i can damage compartments very slowly with a deckgun. They are not flooding to 100% but just a little bit according to how much damage is done with the deckgun. Setting very high zone hitponits and very low shell damage required more shots to flood that zone to 100%.

As for mogami. That ship was always a problem. It is harder to sink then any other CL, but it is possible even with two torpedoes (placed right). However making it weaker would make all other CL to weak thats the problem.

If i may give you some hints how to sink warships with the new damage system. Expect them being very hard to sink by just flooding. You have better chances to sink them by destabilisation. Make holes on same side, dont try both sides because that will balance the list as you have seen. Instead try to increase the list and capsize the vessel. Try to destabilise the ship by hitting it just below high and heavy superstructures, the high center of mass will cause greater list. Also keep in mind (attention: ace trick!) all warships have pitch stability ballast tanks which are located in front (bow) and back (stern) of the vessel. They are usualy filled with water but once the ship takes damage and is thretened by pitch destabilisation they can be blown. Destroy the right ballast tank and fill it again with water that will greatly reduce the stability and cause the vessel to "dive" below crush depth and basicly crush more compartments one by one.
Old 08-28-07, 05:04 PM   #207
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

>>I realy cant say for sure but i think thats not true. It need to be tested.

Well i left out some information. Der Teddy Bar's pretty knowledgable on this subject.

Quote:
Once a zone starts to flood it will to 100%, always. That is, once a zone has had more HP damage than the value of HitPoints * Critic Flotation / 100 then it will always flood to 100%.
He made a pretty informative post here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...7&postcount=34
Old 08-28-07, 05:12 PM   #208
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default BTW WernerSobe

if you fixed the other DD's like you did the Asashio you did a good job because now they sink from a bow shot just fine. No damage can be seen but they do sink. I had one comming straight at me from the stern and did a head on shot with an aft tube. It took off but started to go down and the props lifted out of the water until it finaly sank 1/2 hour lator. So great work.

And I am not using your torpedo mod to sink the ships just the light vs of your natural sinking mechanics so all is working well so far!!!!
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-07, 05:41 PM   #209
chopped50ford
Weps

Downloads: 22

Anyone have a link to this Torpedo mod that people are referring to?

Has there been a fix to the "Influence" trigger on the torpedo's or are we stuck with full contact only?

http://ths-i.com/
chopped50ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-07, 08:20 PM   #210
Seadogs
Ensign

[quote=WernerSobe]
Quote:

(attention: ace trick!) all warships have pitch stability ballast tanks which are located in front (bow) and back (stern) of the vessel. They are usualy filled with water but once the ship takes damage and is thretened by pitch destabilisation they can be blown. Destroy the right ballast tank and fill it again with water that will greatly reduce the stability and cause the vessel to "dive" below crush depth and basicly crush more compartments one by one.
Heheh, yes I saw this first hand the other day. One fish under the bridge and one dead under the bow caused a DD to put along straight under as if she had dive planes. Was quite amusing, looked like she was going under to find me.