Closed Thread

Old 03-08-22, 01:14 PM   #1951
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Not gonna happen unless a NATO member is attacked.

There are countless sources out there telling you that.
It was this

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...postcount=1931

And other things I've heard and read that made me wonder if we will se foreign boots on the ground in Ukraine-Not in the eastern part-Which will be under Russian control-It will be the western part.

I think well I'm convince Ukraine will be divided into a West and East Ukraine.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 03-08-22, 01:18 PM   #1952
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I can only repeat what I replied earlier.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-08-22, 01:28 PM   #1953
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I wouldn't say sacrificed. NATO do not want to escalate matters and run the risk of a nuclear exchange.

They have the best part of twelve months to prepare on the energy front.

This is a game of chicken or who will blink first.
To beat Russia in the long term is sanctioning their oil, all of NATO and flooding
weapons into Ukraine. Course Putin might cut Europe off hoping he can outlast NATO until the next winter when I suspect much of NATO will give in for Russian oil, rather than freeze to death. Unless there's a mass war type effort to produce oil, nuclear and other energy sources now.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Old 03-08-22, 01:31 PM   #1954
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
To beat Russia in the long term is sanctioning their oil, all of NATO and flooding
weapons into Ukraine. Course Putin might cut Europe off hoping he can outlast NATO until the next winter when I suspect much of NATO will give in for Russian oil, rather than freeze to death. Unless there's a mass war type effort to produce oil, nuclear and other energy sources now.
For our part, I believe the UK strategy is going to try to open up further additional production in the North Sea and increase imports from the Gulf and the US.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-08-22, 02:14 PM   #1955
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susexx View Post
Hello. No, everything works fine with us and social networks and the Internet. I'm tired of just reading fake news. I don't write here because I'm not a particularly desirable writer)))
I'm always interested in your point of view, especially reports on what life is like there, what you are hearing from your media, and how censored you are (Youtube, FB, Twitter, etc blocked). What is fake news, from your point of view?
Old 03-08-22, 02:27 PM   #1956
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 131

I've exchanged PM's with Susexx since I got scolded for talking to him openly here.
Even gave him my email address.
I'm open to talk with him but will not engage in this thread about things.
Old 03-08-22, 02:32 PM   #1957
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

Poland give all it's Mig 29 to the USA in exchange of old F16.

https://www.gov.pl/web/diplomacy/sta...nes-to-ukraine
Old 03-08-22, 02:47 PM   #1958
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyMowgli View Post

A deal the Poles have wanted to do for years.
Old 03-08-22, 03:09 PM   #1959
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyMowgli View Post

How many ? and how old are these MIG 29 ?

Markus

Old 03-08-22, 03:17 PM   #1960
Susexx
Planesman

Downloads: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I'm always interested in your point of view, especially reports on what life is like there, what you are hearing from your media, and how censored you are (Youtube, FB, Twitter, etc blocked). What is fake news, from your point of view?
Social networks work (they said that FB and Twitter are blocked, but they work for me, and it's easy to bypass the block), mail, youtube works as always. If about life in sanctions - well, unpleasant, but not fatal. Especially mysterious against the background of all the sanctions, for example: the ban on the sale of computer games, Steam and other platforms stopped selling to Russian players, this of course greatly influenced Putin))). And well, we can congratulate you that with stupid sanctions against ordinary citizens, a 100% loyal electorate was created. And today (well, you probably don't know), a decree was signed banning the export of all raw materials from the Russian Federation. There are fakes from all sides, that's why it's propaganda. I watch news from the USA, Great Britain, Germany and Ukraine, as well as Russian news, I watch both on TV and on Youtube. I'm trying to analyze and compare. I can say that there are a lot of outright lies, it is built simply on ignorance of certain aspects of life both in Ukraine and Russia. This is a problem because we all don't communicate much in person, we don't travel much to each other, journalists use this. I felt it even here.
Old 03-08-22, 03:18 PM   #1961
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
How many ? and how old are these MIG 29 ?

Markus

The sources differ, some say 32, others say 23. Most of them are cold war era aircraft, bought from Czechoslowakia in the 1990s and from Germany early in the 2000s (old East German aircraft), but they likely have been modernized to a certain extent.
Old 03-08-22, 03:42 PM   #1962
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostfriese View Post
The sources differ, some say 32, others say 23. Most of them are cold war era aircraft, bought from Czechoslowakia in the 1990s and from Germany early in the 2000s (old East German aircraft), but they likely have been modernized to a certain extent.
Thank you.

I guess the Ukrainian fighter pilot doesn't need many hours training to fly these MIG 29 They are use to fly them-Some thing may be new to them-I guess.

It's also going to be interesting to see how Russia see this gestus from Poland

Markus

Old 03-08-22, 03:52 PM   #1963
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Putin signs a vague decree, probbaly in retaliation of the UK's plan to stop imorting Russian oil by the end of the year and the US' decision to ban it as well. He forgot to give the specific details, however.

https://www.forexlive.com/news/putin...orts-20220308/

Collectors of worthless coins and notes however already released sighs of relief on Sunday when Putin signed another decree that allowed Russian companies to pay their debts to toehr foreigj companies in Russian Rubles.

The question remains - who will accept Rubles...?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...?sref=3zYETA5s

Last edited by Skybird; 03-08-22 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-08-22, 04:00 PM   #1964
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

re Sussex i did not want to answer or comment to you here, but you are right that pro-Putin posts are not popular here (or anywhere else in the world outside since his aggressive invasion).

Contrary to state controlled russian media we have lots of witness reports what was going on in Donetsk and Luhansk territories before the invasion, it seems Putin had his own torture cellars to "convince" critics and normal citizens.

Putin has prepared for years for this war, including economic measures.
We will see how long he will fare, Ukraine has a share of a third of the worldwide wheat production. This year harvest is off anyway, and also Russia's economy is effectively dead now.

The Eu will stop russian gas imports altogether so no money anymore. Experts say that there will be no more russian 'economy' in june 2022, and there is the real threat of a famine. Anything like that being a theme in Russian media?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 03-08-22 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-08-22, 04:38 PM   #1965
Susexx
Planesman

Downloads: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
re Sussex i did not want to answer or comment to you here, but you are right that pro-Putin posts are not popular here (or anywhere else in the world outside since his aggressive invasion).

Contrary to state controlled russian media we have lots of witness reports what was going on in Donetsk and Luhansk territories before the invasion, it seems Putin had his own torture cellars to "convince" critics and normal citizens.

Putin has prepared for years for this war, including economic measures.
We will see how long he will fare, Ukraine has a share of a third of the worldwide wheat production. This year harvest is off anyway, and also Russia's economy is effectively dead now.

The Eu will stop russian gas imports altogether so no money anymore. Experts say that there will be no more russian 'economy' in june 2022, and there is the real threat of a famine. Anything like that being a theme in Russian media?
Thanks for the answer, but I didn't see any pro-Putin propaganda in my post. Refugees from Donbass live in our cities, what more reliable witnesses can there be? However, I understand that it's hard to believe. The truth will still triumph over time, we will return to this later.
About the economy and hunger. This is a typical stereotype. Even in the 90s, with the complete collapse of the economy, not only was there no famine, but also many people had stocks. A lot of food is now imported from China, India, Central Asia, Latin America. Deliveries from Europe or the USA of products, well, this is at most 5 percent. About wheat. Ukraine and Russia are the largest suppliers on the market, it is not for nothing that China has removed the embargo on purchases from Russia. So there is definitely no such information about hunger in the media, and I have not seen this in your media, this is nonsense. Experts need to get their a.. off the couch and drive around our country at least once, maybe then the forecasts will be accurate. This is exactly what I wrote about - complete ignorance of the development of the country. If you don't listen to the "smart" experts yourself, what do you think? Can you imagine hunger in your country ?
Gas and oil are not the only materials and in general a lot of them are exported, almost half of the periodic table. I don't understand why everyone clung to gas, it's probably easier to explain to ordinary people.
Closed Thread