Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-22, 11:20 AM   #1876
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

When you have a resource of that strategic importance, it is good strategy to use the oil from other countries first.

You don't want to be the first country to run out of oil, you want to be the last.
Old 03-07-22, 11:25 AM   #1877
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-07-22, 11:35 AM   #1878
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

/\The War of the Yellow stripes vs the White (russian)Stripes?

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online  
Old 03-07-22, 11:51 AM   #1879
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Russia offered to take in Ukrainian refugees in Russia. The vicious spite and inhuman cynicism of this barbaric gang of criminals in the Kremlin is beyond my imagination. They could present the evil Ukrainians as murderers, from whom they would have brushed the poor Ukrainians into safety, and they could underline that there is no difference between Ukrainians and Russians and that Ukrainians are Russians, just as the genocidal Putin does not tire of lying to the world. That the Ukrainians have indignantly rejected the Russian "offer", is now again twisted to their disadvantage by the scum in the Kremlin. It is disgusting.

Man eaters and killers of souls, and they even demand to be addressed and regarded as men of honor. Monstrous beasts they are, bestial, rabid and vicious from the skin to the marrow. Their names should be mentioned in the same breath as that of Hitler and his Nazi henchmen. Stalin cannot be mentioned - to be equated with this butcher they would accept as a great compliment.

The lowest the human race has to offer. Scum of the Earth.

Sadism as political principle. Cynism as state reason. And Russia always has been like this, since the first Tsars and before.
Old 03-07-22, 11:59 AM   #1880
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

It will all come out eventually Sky. Despite their efforts to subdue and silence the press, the people and the rest of the world.

Truth will eventually prevail.

Old 03-07-22, 12:02 PM   #1881
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
It will all come out eventually Sky. Despite their efforts to subdue and silence the press, the people and the rest of the world.

Which will be rejected as fake for some and the truth for others.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 03-07-22, 12:07 PM   #1882
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

I'm just wondering when the Ruskies'll deliver Vlad the Bastard to the Hague's ICC for warcrimes trial......my sole terms to lift ever-tightening sanctions: "Surrender your tyrant and bring back the Czar!(the current Romanov is an American citizen...talk about interfering in elections!?

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 03-07-22 at 12:43 PM.
Aktungbby is online  
Old 03-07-22, 12:08 PM   #1883
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post

Really?

FOCUS writes:

The Ukrainian armed forces have surprised Putin's army with their combat strength - but so far no one on the Russian side wants to admit this officially. Now a document has emerged that strongly criticizes Russia's leadership for its haphazard approach. It was allegedly written by an analyst of the Russian secret service FSB.
FSB criticism causes a stir - no evidence of a fake so far

The letter is quite explosive - if it is genuine. It cannot be definitively verified at present. A journalist of the investigative portal "Bellingcat" submitted the text to two FSB sources. They confirmed that the paper could well have come from the FSB. Of course, this is not a definitive confirmation.

The document is so explosive because it paints an unsparing picture of Russia's presumably haphazard invasion of Ukraine - and predicts some devastating consequences.

For example, FSB staff had long provided analyses for supposedly hypothetical planning games that politicians wanted to hear: "But then it turns out that the hypothesis has become reality, and the analysis we conducted on it is total garbage," the report says. A little later, the FSB agent writes, "We are up to our necks in ****."

It goes on to say (in excerpts):

"The blitzkrieg failed. With reasonable information in advance, we would have at least pointed out that the original plan is disputed, that there is a lot to revise, a lot."
The Ukrainians and the Ukrainian army are extremely motivated and have good weapons and commanders, he said. The analyst writes: "We will set a precedent for human disasters in the world. Now even those who were loyal to us are against us."
Russia could not declare a general mobilization for two reasons: First, it would "tear" the country apart politically, economically, and socially; and second, logistics are "already overloaded."
One has lost track of the losses on the Russian side, he said. "Casualties are guaranteed to be in the thousands. Maybe 10,000, maybe 5,000, maybe only 2,000, but it's probably closer to 10,000."
A siege could last Ukrainian cities "for years" because of aid supplies coming from Europe.
For the duration of the conflict, he said, the deadline is June. "Because by June, there will be no economy left in Russia - there will be nothing left." And, he said, by summer, a global famine is "inevitable."
Now, he said, we have to wait until "some crappy adviser convinces them up there" to give Europe a choice: Either war or ease sanctions.
A local nuclear strike is conceivable - not militarily useful, but to "intimidate the others".

The analyst predicts that in the coming week one of the sides in Russia will collapse: War supporters or war opponents. The current tensions cannot be sustained any longer.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I think it is high time that the West considers to go ahead of them and intimidate them first. I am convinced we cannot afford to not react to them using nukes, and that we owe it to everything we claim our civilizational values stand for to not just tolerate it and react with symbolical political and economic things.
Old 03-07-22, 12:13 PM   #1884
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I'll post again it's a very interesting article from BBC and is about what Skybird mentioned in his Red text ^

Quote:
Yara International, which operates in more than 60 countries, buys considerable amounts of essential raw materials from Russia.

Fertiliser prices were already high due to soaring wholesale gas prices.

Yara's boss, Svein Tore Holsether, has warned the situation could get even tougher.

"Things are changing by the hour," he told the BBC
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-60623941

Markus

Old 03-07-22, 12:19 PM   #1885
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-07-22, 12:37 PM   #1886
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
the russian Krieg has lost its Blitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Really?
FOCUS writes:
[I]The Ukrainian armed forces have surprised Putin's army with their combat strength - but so far no one on the Russian side wants to admit this officially. Now a document has emerged that strongly criticizes Russia's leadership for its haphazard approach. It was allegedly written by an analyst of the Russian secret service FSB.
FSB criticism causes a stir - no evidence of a fake so far

The letter is quite explosive - if it is genuine. It cannot be definitively verified at present. A journalist of the investigative portal "Bellingcat" submitted the text to two FSB sources. They confirmed that the paper could well have come from the FSB. Of course, this is not a definitive confirmation.

The document is so explosive because it paints an unsparing picture of Russia's presumably haphazard invasion of Ukraine - and predicts some

"The blitzkrieg failed. With reasonable information in advance, we would have at least pointed out that the original plan is disputed, that there is a lot to revise, a lot."
Rule one of warfare: once the enemy is engaged the A plan changes...usually well past 'plan B'; obviously with the outspoken, suddenly peace-touting oligarch wallets(& megayachts) on the line(think: "greed is good" meets 'rubles is the sinews of war') who ever wrote that report better be a very high ranking FSB joe...or it's a one-way trip to an old gulag with a lonely woods for him...nerve agent or Makarov pistol round optional...Putin will not tolerate "loss of face" at this stage of the game. Even NeoNazi Jew, President Zelenski knew not to hold a peace conference in Belarus?!! The crematoriums on those Russian artillary trucks are working overtime; ultimately, Vlad the Bastard has to answer to a lot of babushka-moms with dead sons in Ukraine...Moreover the longer NATO "feeds the fight" the longer buddy Xi's equally greedy China will wait before the Commies' other shoe drops and Taiwan is invaded.

Aktungbby is online  
Old 03-07-22, 02:02 PM   #1887
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-07-22, 03:26 PM   #1888
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

One thing I find interesting in watching the livestream from the war in Ukraine is the comments by other viewer.

They are how should I put it...fascinating

No I'm not a member so I can't post a comment-I don't feel for it either.

Markus

Old 03-07-22, 03:55 PM   #1889
Skybird
Soaring

FOCUS writes:

21:29 LOC: Russia has for the first time openly threatened to stop gas supplies through the Baltic Sea pipeline Nord Stream 1 after the start of the war against Ukraine. "We have the full right to make a "mirror" decision and impose an embargo on the transit of gas through the Nord Stream 1 pipeline, which today has a maximum capacity of 100 percent," Deputy Prime Minister Alexander Novak said on state television on Monday evening.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I hope they do it. So to force the German government to realise that they have to go without buying anything form Russia anymore NOW.

It gets further reported that US sources think that Russia now has sent into battle 100% of all those forces that were readied for the assault on the Ukraine. Or in plain English: all its forces are now fully committed.

Finally, according to the investment bank Morgan Stanley, Russia could face national bankruptcy as early as mid-April. This is reported by Bloomberg.
"We believe a default is the most likely scenario," Simon Waever, head of emerging market sovereign bonds, wrote in a note Monday. "In the event of a default, it is unlikely to be a normal default, with Venezuela perhaps being the best comparison."

No matter what, the Russian economy will take a deep dive lasting for many, many years. They will be able to feed their people, and not much more, I assume. Agriculturally they are autark.

The Ukraine has stopped exporting agricultural products and wheat. This is bad news for Africa.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-07-22 at 04:24 PM.
Skybird is online  
Old 03-07-22, 04:13 PM   #1890
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

They are not going to cut the flow of gas and Oil...Putin earns billion of dollars each day due the high prices on gas and oil.

That is what I think-close the only thing that pump money into the Russian state-No !?

Markus

Closed Thread