SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-24-09, 12:14 PM   #1861
cookieguy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Just to add to my last post.....I've done a totally clean install of SH4 and followed the instructions to the letter (used winrar this time and I see books!!YAY)
But...I still cannot get the mod to open into the REL_TriggerMAru_Overhaul

No REL to be seen, thus the GME finds no MODS ??
Where am I going wrong, this is driving me nuts !LOL
I'm about to 'adjust' my new sparkly laptop with a hammer!! LOL
Save me please!!!!!
Cookieguy
Old 12-24-09, 12:33 PM   #1862
captnmike
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieguy View Post
Just to add to my last post.....I've done a totally clean install of SH4 and followed the instructions to the letter (used winrar this time and I see books!!YAY)
But...I still cannot get the mod to open into the REL_TriggerMAru_Overhaul

No REL to be seen, thus the GME finds no MODS ??
Where am I going wrong, this is driving me nuts !LOL
I'm about to 'adjust' my new sparkly laptop with a hammer!! LOL
Save me please!!!!!
Cookieguy
Cookieguy....
Look in your jsgme download for the "help file". It tells you how to properly setup your "jsgme program" in your "ubisoft" folder so that the"MODS" folder appears below the "DATA" folder in your "Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific" folder. Then you need to unzip the TMO1.9, to your "desktop". Then you place the TMO 1.9 folder that has the "DATA" sub-folder into the "MODS" folder that you just created!..... Hope this helps?
captnmike :-)
Old 12-24-09, 01:56 PM   #1863
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
Default Captain Cookieguy

This may be the solution. You have given us a clue. The pile of books appears to be a zipped download folder. It should be ldownload or dragged into your Mods folder. You must unzip it. Download 7z or another free program to unzip the download. The folder unzipped will say TMO 1.9.

I assume you have installed JSGME. Open the JSGME program on your desktop and drag the unzipped TMO 1.9 folder (which, as noted above, should be located in the Mods folder) to the JSGME program. The folder will be loaded by JSGME, and you will see TMO1.9 in the right window of that prograqm. Activaqte it by moving it from the right window to the left window in JSGME. (If you want to see screen shots regarding dragging and activating mod files using JSGME, please refer to page 73 of 75 of this thread and read post 1809.)

Close JSGME and run SH4 from your desktop icon. Your opening screen should say Trigger Maru Overhauled.

The end.

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 12-24-09 at 08:17 PM.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-09, 05:31 PM   #1864
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Regardless of where you DL JSGME, did you drag or copy it to your SH4 dir. Once there you install it and it will create a mods folder in your SH4 dir. Then you can drag your mods into it.

Some people make the mistake of placing things in the data folder instead of the SH4 dir....just to make you away.

I run a few different mod set ups, so I create a seperate folder for each mod on my desktop. I have one Folder for TMO, one for RSRD, ect. I just like to keep them seperate. Then I DL each mod to which folder I want, unzip and then open up SH4 dir so I can drag it to my mod's folder.

Course there are a few ways to do it.......
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-09, 08:15 PM   #1865
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default jsgme

Yes, Armistead is correct. Download jsgme into the SH4 folder. Then create a shortcut. Drag the shortcut to the desktop. You can use either the setup in the SH4 folder or the desktop to load TMO1.9.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-09, 10:58 PM   #1866
badger_ken
Watch

Downloads: 22
Default THANKS

hi everybody,
I just started playing SH4 (Gold Edition), and am using TMO and a few others:

What I mainly want to say is THANK YOU to all the modders for all their work! In particular, I am so impressed by the way the sea and waves look - outstanding!

thanks folks!
badger_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 01:44 AM   #1867
Steiger
Planesman

Downloads: 20

First off, great mod, I love it. That said, why are there no plotting tools on the attack map? I would like to use the pencils and rulers and everything else available on the regular map.
Old 12-31-09, 03:12 AM   #1868
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steiger View Post
First off, great mod, I love it. That said, why are there no plotting tools on the attack map? I would like to use the pencils and rulers and everything else available on the regular map.
Sorry Steiger, you don't get the tools on the attack map. You can, however, zoom in real close on the Navagation Map and use the tools there with the Relative Bearing Grid.
Old 12-31-09, 02:48 PM   #1869
Registered55
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

hi i hope someone can help,

i have adjusted TMO with "Silent Fire 1.5.1" changes,

everything is fine in regard to function of the sub, and no CTD's of any kind,

however i have noticed now in 3 supermods i have tried that when ever i arrive at my designation (binoculars icon), nothing happens, the game still thinks i haven't arrived there,

i have adjusted the career start to give me the Tench straight away, 1941,
is there something in the flotilla file i have to change,

in all 3 supermods i have tried so far (always giving myself the the most advance sub early) this seems to be a common problem, I'm now quite sure that there is something else that needs adjusting to make the missions work properly, all 3 mods have shown the same issue with missions not detecting that i have arrived where I'm suppose to be?, I'm thinking it has something to do with the flotilla file as i see a lot of info in there about missions and ports,

any help would be really grateful, as i said the game and sub runs right, no issues with the exception of the mission's,

no matter how many times i go over the binoculars icon, nothing happens, the game literally does not detect my sub arriving at the designated coordinates,

please help, I'm really baffled on this issue. thanks,
Old 12-31-09, 03:17 PM   #1870
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

The binoculars icon means a patrol assignment.
It doesn't give you any indication of arriving at the patrol zone.
In stock I think you have to stay within 50nm of the icon for 48 hours to complete the assignment. Then the icon will grey out and you can radio in for new orders.
Mods change the radius and time.
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 03:22 PM   #1871
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Serg is right, make sure you check your reports. It will tell you the time duration and radius. Sometimes you may have 150nm radius with a 96 hour limit. Sometimes a lot less. If you stray out of the radius before the time is up, the clock starts all over...so just sit near, hit TC and wait untl it greys out.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 03:54 PM   #1872
Registered55
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

thanks
Old 12-31-09, 03:56 PM   #1873
badger_ken
Watch

Downloads: 22

I've been sending a radio 'status report' when I arrive on station - does that help, or is it a waste?
badger_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 04:06 PM   #1874
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

I don't think that will do anything.
After you have completed your objective however, then a status report may generate a new mission objective.
Or they may just tell you to patrol at your discretion.
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-10, 03:23 AM   #1875
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger_ken View Post
I've been sending a radio 'status report' when I arrive on station - does that help, or is it a waste?
Sometimes - depends on your orders. Some say just to get to patrol area, and may automatically send your patrol orders, sometimes you have to check in after arriving to the area to get the orders. Other times your orders say to patrol area such and such for 96 hours, or whatever, and you don't get new orders until your time on station has expired. If your orders say to conduct anti-shipping operations, they mean you have to sink over 5K tons of shipping to get new orders. That can be tough late in the war if you get sent to an area that is now devoid of shipping.