SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-13-09, 07:35 PM   #1801
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Having trouble downloading 1.9? Weird, I had no trouble, think I got it off filefront.Not sure what to tell you, contact Ducimus.Hope you get it, its a blast.
Don't know what it is when I DL these large mods, but eventually it will take, think I'm on the 8 try. Have no clue, only happens when I do large DL's....

You're not running RSRD. Thought Lurker fixed the issues that concerned you, but I love all the added ships and planes. I've added several ships by miner, most worked fine with 1.7, some I add to add to the ID book so the game didn't crash. With all those nice ships by miner somehow they need to get in the game, be a waste not to have them.

Guess Duc got really drunk and mad one night to up the Type D to 8 Y guns and two roll racks. Lord, the Type AB was bad enough with 6 and 1. Bad enough dealing with 6 Type AB's on you, hope I don't have to deal with that many type D's. Guess he found Bungo's inbreed relatives and letting them loose on the pacific...."Next of Kin" to a higher level. We really need to chip in and get him some rubber balls to squezze, coupon for a full body massage or something.

Well, hopefully I can get it loaded tonight. Don't won't to make mod soup out of it and I'll have to see what he included, but I love some of my smaller mods, such as longer wake, aircraft reflections, full screen scope, PE4's floating bodies, easy AOB, ect...just have to take em one at a time.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-09, 10:10 PM   #1802
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default the airplanes are too much

I need to modify the airstike cfg in the date menu because the number of airplanes is too much for me to deal with. Anyone know how to do this?
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-09, 03:48 AM   #1803
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
Don't know what it is when I DL these large mods, but eventually it will take, think I'm on the 8 try. Have no clue, only happens when I do large DL's....

You're not running RSRD. Thought Lurker fixed the issues that concerned you, but I love all the added ships and planes. I've added several ships by miner, most worked fine with 1.7, some I add to add to the ID book so the game didn't crash. With all those nice ships by miner somehow they need to get in the game, be a waste not to have them.

Guess Duc got really drunk and mad one night to up the Type D to 8 Y guns and two roll racks. Lord, the Type AB was bad enough with 6 and 1. Bad enough dealing with 6 Type AB's on you, hope I don't have to deal with that many type D's. Guess he found Bungo's inbreed relatives and letting them loose on the pacific...."Next of Kin" to a higher level. We really need to chip in and get him some rubber balls to squezze, coupon for a full body massage or something.

Well, hopefully I can get it loaded tonight. Don't won't to make mod soup out of it and I'll have to see what he included, but I love some of my smaller mods, such as longer wake, aircraft reflections, full screen scope, PE4's floating bodies, easy AOB, ect...just have to take em one at a time.

lol yea ducimus can be a real mother... I have only seen it as I said, not felt it's wrath yet, glad I had decoys and some depth to play with.

I plan on loading up RSRD soon, I too like the extra ships and planes, also look forward to seeing Lurker's AI adjustments and I also have miner's ships loaded up with TMO.Thing about RSRD is I have to play it when I have a lot of time, which is not usual.I usually get some time in the evenings before I go to bed but christmas and my birthday are coming up in next couple weeks so have some time off here and there so will load RSRD up no doubt.Hopefully soon someone will release a bunch of new merchants that work well with TMO, need some new merchants to sink.

I also have some smaller mods i just love such as
vickers new interior overhaul, loving the new xmas tree.His smoke mod, can see merchant smoke miles away as could in RL.The sound overhaul is nice too, i like the little telegraph bell sound when you ring up new order for speed, adds to it.TBT color filters are nice, nowhere near night visions, which is good, bc i didnt want that but they help you visually pick out something, never will ID it without help so I often shoot at targets not knowing the class, just see the biggest silhouette and set up a firing solution.Still cant get the damn color filters for the obs periscope to work though, i miss it but have dealt with it.

Where can I get the floating bodies thing from PE 4? Hate to be morbid but it would add to the sim. Install order? Any conflicts?

Next patrol in Jan 45, got Robbins cheap/early torpedo mod, going to head to sea with a full load of Mark 16's, cant wait.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-09, 11:33 AM   #1804
banjo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 55

Get Webster'sl mod to deal with the aircraft problem. Implement while in port. If it corrupts your current campaign start a new one and then you'll be fine.
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-09, 11:46 AM   #1805
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
I need to modify the airstike cfg in the date menu because the number of airplanes is too much for me to deal with. Anyone know how to do this?
This is what the airstrike cfg from Websters reduced air mod looks like.

Maximum Aircraft Range=1000 ;[>0] in kilometers
Poor Airbase Modifier=0.5 ;[>0] Modifier for poor airbase (carrier) rating
Novice Airbase Modifier=0.75 ;[>0] Modifier for novice airbase (carrier) rating
Competent Airbase Modifier=1 ;[>0] Modifier for competent airbase (carrier) rating
Veteran Airbase Modifier=1 ;[>0] Modifier for veteran airbase (carrier) rating
Elite Airbase Modifier=1 ;[>0] Modifier for elite airbase (carrier) rating
Night Modifier=0.01 ;[>0] Modifier on strike probability at night
Default Air Strike Probability=5 ;[>0] Default probability to send an airstrike from a airbase (carrier)
Enemy Air Strike Probability Increase on Radio Messages Sent=15 ;[>0] Increase over the default probability on a radio message sent
Friendly Air Strike Probability Increase on Contact Report Sent=70 ;[>0] Increase over the default probability on a contact message sent
Enemy Air Strike Probability Increase on Player Detection=20 ;[>0] Increase over the default probability on player detection
Atenuation Factor=10 ;[>0] decrease from an increased probability to default one on each air session
Logic Steps Between Air Sessions=30 ;[>0] steps between air fighting sessions, 10*Logic Interval(90sec)

You could try these numbers and see how you get on,
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-09, 02:08 PM   #1806
Sub Sailor
Commander

Downloads: 66
Default I need help!!!!!

I just down loaded 1.9 but I am screwing up in moving the data and support over to my sim. I have the data and support on the left side of my Generic Mod enabler v2.3.0.128. When I move them to the activated side nothing, still 1.7. What am I doing wrong? Also does 1.9 over write 1.7? I see on the forum there is a patch, how do I down load it?
I am sorry for the dumb questions people but I have had trouble ever since we went to the enablers. I will be honest-I don't think you planned them for dummies like me.
In your explanation please, please, remember I am a 69 year old computer dunce who is challenged after I am told to reboot.

Sorry,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)
Sub Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-09, 02:35 PM   #1807
sergei
Sea Lord

It's OK, you have just made a very simple mistake.

At the moment your JSGME looks like this?

It should look like this.

You have taken the data and support folders from the Trigger Maru folder and moved them to your MODS folder.
Instead leave the data and support folders inside the Trigger Maru folder. Move the whole Trigger Maru folder into your MODS folder.
Hope this makes sense.

EDIT.
1.9 is not an upgrade to 1.7. It is a totally new version.
You need to disable 1.7 first (if you are running it). Then enable 1.9.
Old 12-14-09, 02:41 PM   #1808
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
lol yea ducimus can be a real mother... I have only seen it as I said, not felt it's wrath yet, glad I had decoys and some depth to play with.

I plan on loading up RSRD soon, I too like the extra ships and planes, also look forward to seeing Lurker's AI adjustments and I also have miner's ships loaded up with TMO.Thing about RSRD is I have to play it when I have a lot of time, which is not usual.I usually get some time in the evenings before I go to bed but christmas and my birthday are coming up in next couple weeks so have some time off here and there so will load RSRD up no doubt.Hopefully soon someone will release a bunch of new merchants that work well with TMO, need some new merchants to sink.

I also have some smaller mods i just love such as
vickers new interior overhaul, loving the new xmas tree.His smoke mod, can see merchant smoke miles away as could in RL.The sound overhaul is nice too, i like the little telegraph bell sound when you ring up new order for speed, adds to it.TBT color filters are nice, nowhere near night visions, which is good, bc i didnt want that but they help you visually pick out something, never will ID it without help so I often shoot at targets not knowing the class, just see the biggest silhouette and set up a firing solution.Still cant get the damn color filters for the obs periscope to work though, i miss it but have dealt with it.

Where can I get the floating bodies thing from PE 4? Hate to be morbid but it would add to the sim. Install order? Any conflicts?

Next patrol in Jan 45, got Robbins cheap/early torpedo mod, going to head to sea with a full load of Mark 16's, cant wait.
nbjack broke out the PE4 floating bodies and debris. No conflicts and works good. If you want I can email it to you and just DL to you mods folder as usual. Again, I'm using it with 1.7, but it shouldn't be a problem with any. Have you tried the EAX sound...Add's a few sounds, but changes the tone and depth....really real sounding. Cool to hear the gunners shouting commands.
Old 12-14-09, 02:46 PM   #1809
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default sergei

That was an excellent post!! Seeing it makes it much easier to understand for those who have never encountered activating mods.

Soon, you can explain how he can open the 1.9 folder and acitvate some of the subfolders, such as the fore and aft deck guns, engine sounds, etc., but that is for later.

What does he have to look forward to? Getting hammered by dds, des, and aircraft --- oh my!
Old 12-14-09, 06:51 PM   #1810
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Anyone got any idea's what may be causing me not to get the full DL. As stated it will start and say DL complete, but when I unzip it get an error and then I see I don't have a full DL. It once made it over 300, but after probalby 30 tries I can't get a full DL.

Cleaned all my temp files, history, cut off anything that may be blocking anything, ect.

Tried both DL sites. Got to be something on my end, just can't figure it out. Everything else I DL doe's fine.
Old 12-14-09, 07:04 PM   #1811
sergei
Sea Lord

Yeah I've read on another site that a few people have had downloading issues.
I'm uploading it to subsim at the moment.
It's gonna take a few hours though!
Details to follow
Old 12-14-09, 07:07 PM   #1812
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Thanks. I've had this happen before, but usually get it after a few tries.
Old 12-14-09, 08:26 PM   #1813
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

sub sailor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub Sailor View Post
In your explanation please, please, remember I am a 69 year old computer dunce who is challenged after I am told to reboot.
Sixty-nine years old! You're a young 'un pup. The modders are all at least eighty-five! How do you think these gutless computer geeks were taught to stand their ground and face off with their deck gun against a closing destroyer at its battlestations? The didn't learn that watching Sesame Street!

"Come again Rube!"
A Jap destroyer started a depth charge attack on the Gurnard, SS254 by laying a pattern of six depth charges, two at a time. After the first two exploded, one brave sailor shouted, "Come again Rube!"

"Take her down!"
Howard Gilmore, Captain of USS Growler, badly wounded, ordering her down without him to save the boat.

"Tenacity Dick, stay with the bastard till he's on the bottom.” Mush Morton to Dick O'Kane.

Old 12-14-09, 08:37 PM   #1814
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default sergei

I have applied the modifications you suggested. I will let you know what happens.
Old 12-14-09, 09:25 PM   #1815
sergei
Sea Lord

Alternative download link
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1457

A few people have had problems with the links on page 1.