SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-25-14, 06:12 PM   #166
Phyrrus
Mate

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

I dunno how americans can always succede buying nations for nothing. They bought natives with wiskey and taws, most of europe with chocolate and cigars (wwII), now they buy ukrans with bread... cheap, isnt it?

http://www.sott.net/article/273602-U...ubvert-Ukraine
Phyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-14, 09:44 PM   #167
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Bread, eh?

Worked in Yemen.

Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-14, 07:44 AM   #168
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Putin orders immediate test of combat readiness of all Russian military in Western and Central Russia.

Mounting demand in Ukraine to ban and forbid Russian language in all territories of the Ukraine.

Berkut riot police being disbanded by Kiew provisory government. Fate of Berkut officers uncertain.

Tymochenko said to aim at presidency becasue of intention to get "compensations" - to put it polite - for wealth lost during her time in prison. She always was a corruption queen, wasn't she. Never understood why people fell for her.

This all looks not encouraging. If the anti-Russian sentiment and attempted discrimination grows, this could not only be a chance for Putin but could force him to react in such a manner that it results in what the pro-EU lobby wants to avoid: getting the Russian army engaged in the Ukraine.

On radio they said that secret orders had been going to Sewastopol and that the Russian fleet is in a flurry of sudden activity. That report is unconfirmed, though.
Old 02-26-14, 10:10 AM   #169
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Putin orders immediate test of combat readiness of all Russian military in Western and Central Russia.
Heard about it in the Danish news, as the commentator said, it's just a kind of "show off" to tell the Ukrainian a few words

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-14, 12:46 PM   #170
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Probably all for the benefit of the world press whose attention is drawn to the area atm.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-14, 01:28 PM   #171
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I don't know if you have heard NATO's response. The rhetoric may not be very strong, but there's no doubt what NATO meant by it.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-14, 03:11 PM   #172
Oberon
Lucky Jack

I don't think we're quite ready to go to DEFCON Thompson just yet though, but certainly there's a lot of chest puffing and strutting by both power spheres in the region, as to be expected.
Old 02-26-14, 03:36 PM   #173
Phyrrus
Mate

Downloads: 24

I think Putin is more clever than to let himself pulled into a military conflict, may that be any small one. BUt he will definitely not allow EU in his very vicinity.

I wonder what China has to say - though she has no or few direct interests in this area. I wonder -and I'm very afraid of what China would have to say about ANYTHING. I think CHINA is the most to be feared nation on Earth in the these days.
Phyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-14, 03:59 PM   #174
Skybird
Soaring

China hardly will support the opposition, since their coup could serve as a precedence for a coup against Chinese autocratic party regime. So: its the same like Russia's concern.

I fail to see NATO being willing and ready to start militarily negotiate the Ukraine with the Russians. If the Russians get drawn into the Ukraine, it most likely will end like in Georgia. Politically, economically, see how little impressed the Russians are by the West's actions over Syria.

I think Russia leaving the Ukraine alone would have Russian willingness as a precondition to end the autocratic regime in Russia itself. Since that can be doubted, any speculation on how to make Russia accepting to ignore the Ukraine, is in vein. It cannot afford to do so without accepting change in its own home country, and so - dream on. While the Tartars said they will not accept Krimean secession from Kiew, they probably are not strong enough to resist Russia if Putin decides that the Krimean is to be held for Russia, no matter what.
Old 02-26-14, 06:47 PM   #175
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

Don't think you'll find that stuff translated in another language, so here's a little megaphone speech from Andre Chanclu of the France-Russia group, held on last saturday in front of the ukrainian embassy in here.

Quote:
The journalist caste manipulates all of us everyday, and brings us the usual tv nonsense. Journalists are so corrupted, they can be considered as intelligence officers once they get to be sent as special envoys on war territories. In here, they're no more than blind activists without any qualms, financed by NATO and its multiple branches. Yesterday in the evening, we've got to see at tv a flagrant demonstration of their main goal : *******-***** **** (1), completely hysterical, insulting Vladimir Putin in the rudest ways.

Let there be no mistake. Be it in Damas, in Caracas, or in Kiev : the primary objective of the media is to weaken Russia, in every way possible.
Actually, I bet that is the only thing on which all of us may agree, wherever we come from, so I'll leave it there myself.

(1) : A name I can not mention in here, the united states of America are not ready. Too much people keep their eyes and ears closed and would blame myself for quoting someone mentioning another guy of a certain ethnic origin of which virtues must be praised all the time.
Old 02-26-14, 07:31 PM   #176
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyrrus View Post
I wonder what China has to say
Not a lot, they'll be quite happy to let Russia play with this. China is only really interested in things that happen in Chinas front yard, Taiwan, Vietnam, Japan, Korea, Phillipines, that kind of area, anything in the Atlantic really doesn't interest China that much outside of mineral acquisition.
Old 02-26-14, 08:14 PM   #177
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Not a lot, they'll be quite happy to let Russia play with this. China is only really interested in things that happen in Chinas front yard, Taiwan, Vietnam, Japan, Korea, Phillipines, that kind of area, anything in the Atlantic really doesn't interest China that much outside of mineral acquisition.
... and the Bahamas.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-14, 08:18 AM   #178
Oberon
Lucky Jack

It would appear that the new Ukrainian order are big fans of the Dukes of Hazzard:

In other news there have been reports of a column of APCs moving from Sevastopol to Simferpol, no-one is quite sure of their identity.

Yanukovich has reappeared in Russia and gained Russian sanctuary, whilst the Russian air force has been engaging in drills near Ukrainian airspace.

This is getting a bit...tense...
Old 02-27-14, 08:37 AM   #179
Dread Knot
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 84

Shades of South Ossetia. I guess the Olympics are done.

I suspect that Russia will allow the eastern provinces of Ukraine to revolt on their own and then simply position troops in the rebel territories. Russia though, I am sure, is aware of how the rest of it's customs union allies are watching intently. Hopefully, Russia isn't going to try too much.
Dread Knot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-14, 09:00 AM   #180
Skybird
Soaring

Study the history of the Krimean a bit, and see that Russians' sentiments towards it compare to Serbs' sentiments towards Kosovo, in intensity of feelings. Also, more than half the population on the Krimean peninsula are ethnic Russians. Maybe Russia will write off the Donezk region. The Krimean, however: never. And that is not just because of Sewastopol, or Putinism.

Russia probably works in the background to have a votings by the population to fall away from the rest of Ukraine - and then militarily will support that against fumes and foamings from Kiew. Like they did with the disputed provinces with Georgia.

If the majority of a regional population votes for it, the West has nor argument to make against that. I have said myself in many threads that I fully support any people's right to fall away from a higher national order, if it wants that - only that it has to be able to afford sovereignity and cannot expect the former host to pay its bills.

Tags
nato, putin, ukraina, ukraine, ukrajna