SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-26-10, 07:31 AM   #1741
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by That's not my dog View Post
Evening fellow Captains,

I am running SH4 1.5 with the following MODS:

(In order)
RFB 2.0
RFB 2.0 Patch 1
RSRDC_RFB 575
RSRDC_V5xx Patch 1

I followed the install instructions that came with RFB 2.0 and it said to install it first and then RSRDC. I did that and JSGME states that if I enable RSRDC it will overwrite a ton of stuff in RFB 2.0. As an experiment I accepted the overwrite. Now, I get a CTD when I am sailingin the open ocean during a campaign. I would be most grateful for some help. Thank you in advance.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...77&postcount=1
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 12:53 PM   #1742
That's not my dog
Mate

Downloads: 76
Uploads: 0
Default My apologies

I see what you mean, I am sorry for not being more specific. I will get the information sometime today to you. I have some already but for continuity, I will give it to you at once. Thanks in advance.
That's not my dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 03:48 PM   #1743
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Lurker,

Maybe you can help or know. Not sure if RSRD doe's this or just part of the game.

Did the Battle of Leyte Last night. In reality US planes sunk the Musashi Yamato class before it hit the strait.. In this SS US carrier planes are coming. Several large groups pass. I 've tried before to find the Center Force before they come through the San Bern S8's and time an attack when the US planes attack it...Not sure if they do, but most battles they do, so would be nice to get in an attack while the planes are in action...

Is this possible...I try not to look at ME, but wouldn't know how it times planes to attack, location, ect...

Just didn't know if you had anything to do with the planes and how they attack.

Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 02:13 AM   #1744
That's not my dog
Mate

Downloads: 76
Default More info for Lurker.

Okay, so I tried to reload the game that crashed on me, and no luck. It seems the file is corrupt. However, I started a completely new campaign from the Philippines and I am cruising around no problem, no CTD's.
I was in port when I was enabling/disabling mods and somehow the "wires" or "streams" got crossed.
The date was in 1943 and it locked up on me when I was trying to go through the Java Strates. My base was on the southwest coast of Australia. I do not remember the boat type, sorry Lurker. Maybe a porpoise class?

(In order)
RFB 2.0
RFB 2.0 Patch 1
RSRDC_RFB 575
RSRDC_V5xx Patch 1
That's not my dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-10, 03:27 PM   #1745
DaveR
A-ganger

Downloads: 190

have similar problem. same mod list.

history: under rfb1.52, i had, occasionally, couldn't load a saved game.Very occasionally, when torpedeo hit, would have ctd. restart mission and no problems, would sink target.

now, under rfb2, the unable to load 'saved game', over the time of restarting 3 patrols, got worse to the point that none of the 'in game' saved games will 'directly' load, with out ctd. what do i mean by 'in game' and 'directly'? i found that if i loaded the 'autosaved..leaving..port..' file, then start the mission and then once at sea, if i load the 'saved game', it would run.

this indirect loading, has worked every time.

For the first patrol, i sunk 4 merchants. started second patrol, sunk a merchant, then on second merchant, so far, with several trys (at least 8), when a torpedoe hits (mk10 or 24), i get ctd.

Vista pro64 sp1
Nautilus out of Pearl
14 April 42
11d 22' 13d1', off Camran bay
DaveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-10, 08:38 PM   #1746
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 209

Do all the ships zigzag now or just TF/convoys? im trying to do hydrophone plotting in bad weather but it seems either im not doing that correctly or they are just zaggin.
mobucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-10, 10:25 PM   #1747
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobucks View Post
Do all the ships zigzag.
Yes
Old 01-31-10, 03:40 AM   #1748
Wolfling04
Frogman

Downloads: 102

I know I asked about the MFM4.1 and porting it over to the Japanese side, I guess i really should have worded the question better and for that I am sorry.

Lurker do you have any plans to add that to RSRDC for the Japanese side?

Last edited by Wolfling04; 01-31-10 at 04:07 AM.
Wolfling04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-10, 08:45 AM   #1749
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfling04 View Post
I know I asked about the MFM4.1 and porting it over to the Japanese side, I guess i really should have worded the question better and for that I am sorry.

Lurker do you have any plans to add that to RSRDC for the Japanese side?
No I do not
Old 03-02-10, 11:11 AM   #1750
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

I was hopeing that the "Sofu Gan" mod could be added as a small update or something. I really don't feel like manualy editing files to make it work.
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 12:27 PM   #1751
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by That's not my dog View Post
Okay, so I tried to reload the game that crashed on me, and no luck. It seems the file is corrupt. However, I started a completely new campaign from the Philippines and I am cruising around no problem, no CTD's.
I was in port when I was enabling/disabling mods and somehow the "wires" or "streams" got crossed.
The date was in 1943 and it locked up on me when I was trying to go through the Java Strates. My base was on the southwest coast of Australia. I do not remember the boat type, sorry Lurker. Maybe a porpoise class?

(In order)
RFB 2.0
RFB 2.0 Patch 1
RSRDC_RFB 575
RSRDC_V5xx Patch 1
happened to me once, save corrupted in 1943, bugger!!!
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 03:39 PM   #1752
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

I haven't found in the documentation any table of starting dates/flotillas/bases and it's difficult for me to know what the different Task Forces/Groups actually mean (Fremantle/Brisbane/Pearl?). Have I missed the info in a readme, or where do I need to look to be able to choose the starting date and base that I prefer?
Old 03-04-10, 05:07 PM   #1753
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258

When I start a new career, I get two choices, Pearl or Brisbane. Then when you are given a new boat, it defaults to Pearl. IF you are able to get a transfer back to Australia, and its rare, then you still have to do the next Pearl mission even though you have moved south, sometimes a long long trek.
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-10, 11:49 AM   #1754
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Default Eletronic Communication Machine (ECM MK-2)

I am fairly new to the SHIV community. Being a nub I have many questions and have done some research on my own trying to catch up with the rest of you. During my searches I find things that raise my brow and make me wonder why these things are not currently in the game.
I have tried mods like RFB2, TMO19, RSRD, FotRS13 and many more. One thing that none of them deal with is Operation Ultra and the onboard Crypto(Cypher) gear. The ECM MK-2 communication crypto was "eccential" to submarine communication. Submarine Commanders, XO, Radiomen had specific orders to destroy the ECM MK-2 if running in water less then 600' deep called, "the 100 phathem rule".
That means, if you are sent on a Photo-Recon of some port, you would not reciece any further encrypted radio intel on convoy/task force movements. You would also not be able to report any sightings without pinpointing your location to everyone listening until the EMC MK-2 was replaced. I know the ECM MK-2 was classified top secret until 1995 but there is information about the ECM MK-2 that is now available.

Here is a link to a good video that touches on this subject.

Are there any plans to bring this device into game play?

-TheBeast

P.S. Sandy, I posted that skin to my filefront that you wanted. Sorry I didn't post last night but servers were down when I got home from Gamestop after talking with you.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-10, 06:20 PM   #1755
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Are there any plans to bring this device into game play?
no.