SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-19-10, 03:45 AM   #1696
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0

How so? The Arma AI is notorious of its inability to counter snipers, so if something works against it it's hardly evidence of good tactics. It just wouldn't work against humans.

edit: And if I've understood correctly how your RO sniper tournament goes it doesn't strictly require good "after shot" tactics either. You know there's only one other sniper out there, and if you manage to take him down there's no one else to watch out for anymore and hence no requirement to move. That said it sounds interesting, and I'll try to join if school allows it.
Fincuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-10, 07:57 AM   #1697
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fincuan View Post
edit: And if I've understood correctly how your RO sniper tournament goes it doesn't strictly require good "after shot" tactics either. You know there's only one other sniper out there, and if you manage to take him down there's no one else to watch out for anymore and hence no requirement to move. That said it sounds interesting, and I'll try to join if school allows it.
You have to be able to get the heck out if you miss your shot, which is pretty common in our current map as it's larger than it looks like, so it's hard to estimate the distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fincuan View Post
How so?
Guess what Arc means is that I (we) do play realism or simulator type games unlike what Kipparikalle suggested.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-10, 02:01 AM   #1698
Rilder
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Uhhh Super Mole Rat to the rescue?
Old 09-20-10, 04:05 AM   #1699
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
You have to be able to get the heck out if you miss your shot, which is pretty common in our current map as it's larger than it looks like, so it's hard to estimate the distance.

Guess what Arc means is that I (we) do play realism or simulator type games unlike what Kipparikalle suggested.

Was just correcting some nonsense... you Finns are a negative bunch, you know that?

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-10, 09:08 AM   #1700
Rilder
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Insane Wasteland Posse ready to get wicked all up in this.

Old 09-20-10, 06:25 PM   #1701
Falkirion
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 34

Hey Rilder what mods are you running your Fallout 3 if any? I'm looking to enhance mine and apart from GNR "More where that came from" and Fellout I'm not running anything else.

Thinking about giving FWE a shot though.
Falkirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-10, 08:46 AM   #1702
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

WEEEEEE!!!
Old 09-21-10, 04:18 PM   #1703
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Darkest Hour? Really should download that again.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-10, 08:11 PM   #1704
darius359au
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force View Post

WEEEEEE!!!
The U.S Army precision driving stunt team put on a display for the troops in the latest USO tour
Old 09-24-10, 03:55 PM   #1705
Rilder
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkirion View Post
Hey Rilder what mods are you running your Fallout 3 if any? I'm looking to enhance mine and apart from GNR "More where that came from" and Fellout I'm not running anything else.

Thinking about giving FWE a shot though.
None.

Also, Europa Universalis 3 (Bolded since I know someone is gonna ask me what game I'm playing)

I'm playing the Ottoman Empire, year is 1524....

Me: In a period of calm, focusing on trade with a new center of trade built in Istanbul. (Aka my Infamy got to high) Of course apparently Istanbul is an awesome place for a COT as it immediatly got like 800 wealth going through it, good money for me. When I can begin my assaut

Now for the rest of the world.

Austria is -Scary- and I do not want to fight a war with them, luckily their excommunicated and have an infamy rating worse then me so if they get involved with a long war with me and my Vassals they will most likely get flanked by everybody and their brother.

The Netherlands... I don't know what the bloody hell happened there but they apparently own Poland

India, I can't name the factions off the top of my head but at some point it was pretty much united then something happened and they just fractured.

The Timurid Empire once a huge empire that I was pretty afraid of at some point broke like a twig, with mostly Persia taking its place, along with several other smaller factions.

The Golden Horde is somehow still going despite every time I've looked at them somebody is either invading or half their provinces are rebelling, but they keep on going.

On that note, I'm not really sure whats going on in Russia, Muscovy had a good amount of lands but then they fell...

Castille, these guys were bloody strong, stretching pretty the entirety of North Africa except the Tunis area, including up to two provinces north of Judea, I fought a couple wars with them with no loss by either side... then their rather vast empire... fell. It started in Egypt around Judea, rebellions saw their provinces returned to the Mamelukes then it just stormed west I guess and even onto the Iberian Peninsula... Last I looked the Entire place is occupied by some faction I'm not sure the name of.

France: They just recently got that big, for awhile they were pretty fractured, with England holding more lands in France then well... France.. but then I think England lost stability and lost control of several factions in England.

Last edited by Rilder; 09-24-10 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-25-10, 06:32 PM   #1706
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Are defensive lines prepareing for a attack on Memphis, Just bought myself a allie.

On the move!, we took it over with great sucess.

My armys marched south, guess it shook them up, they surrendered all their citys, other than the capital, and gave me gems. Dont think he will do any attacking any time soon.

The glory ofthe ever expanding german empire.
Old 09-27-10, 03:46 PM   #1707
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

That's very considerate of the Germans, leaving this huge hole in the middle of their radar coverage that I can fly my bombers through...

Old 09-27-10, 04:03 PM   #1708
Task Force
Rear Admiral

heh, those silly germans.
Old 09-28-10, 06:29 PM   #1709
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Ummm... bad day to take the halftrack?

Also had anouther funny moment today, me and a sniper saw eatch other at the same time, shot at the same time, and died at the same time.
Old 09-28-10, 07:16 PM   #1710
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force View Post

Also had anouther funny moment today, me and a sniper saw eatch other at the same time, shot at the same time, and died at the same time.
Same thing happened to me, although I think it was just with standard rifles and not snipers.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote