SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-22-10, 10:51 AM   #151
Heretic
Commodore

Downloads: 240
Uploads: 2

oops. yeah the crash dive workaround would need to be removed too if you removed the main mod. The workaround also needs to be installed after the main mod. I should update the readme.

Odd that crash dive works and regular dive doesn't. The only difference is I set the dive order variable to 2 instead of 1, so that they have hard landings at the bottom of the ladder.

It's WAD that the watch officer stays there. He'll always be the last guy down. If anyone stays there, he will to. Once I figure out why HA won't go down, the WO will follow him down.

Is everybody having this problem?
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 10:52 AM   #152
Heretic
Commodore

When HA (aft hydroplane operator) is stuck on the bridge, is he just frozen in a seated position or is he going through the same animation sequence he does when at his hydroplane station?
Old 03-22-10, 10:55 AM   #153
Heretic
Commodore

One more thing. Do you have an enemy ship or plane in sight?
Old 03-22-10, 10:56 AM   #154
silversurfer
Seaman

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0

The HO is going thru the motions of operating the HP's, the WO is stood behind the UZO but keeps standing up and then ducking down....
silversurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 10:56 AM   #155
silversurfer
Seaman

No planes or ships in sight.
Old 03-22-10, 11:11 AM   #156
Heretic
Commodore

If you want to try a file edit, we can try something. You can use any text editor, notepad works fine.

Open Crew_Idle_Actions_CR.aix in MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2 \data\scripts\ai\crew

Search for CR_HA_SUBMERGED, you'll want the second occurance
Find this code:
Quote:
precond
{
!Wp:IsCrewState(DMG_TKN|HUNTER|HUNTED|PROX_EXPL) and
(Wp:IsSubmerged() or Wp:GetGlobalVariable(VAR_DIVE_ORDER) > 0 ) and
!(Wp:IsTutorial() and !Wp:IsBunkerState())
}
This says if I'm not in any of those CrewStates and I'm either submerged or have a dive order and it's not the tutorial or in the bunker.

Let's remove the CrewState conditions by commenting it out with a '#'
Quote:
precond
{
#!Wp:IsCrewState(DMG_TKN|HUNTER|HUNTED|PROX_EXPL) and
(Wp:IsSubmerged() or Wp:GetGlobalVariable(VAR_DIVE_ORDER) > 0 ) and
!(Wp:IsTutorial() and !Wp:IsBunkerState())
}
You should change it in the MOD folder itself rather than in your Data folder, so you'll be able to enable/disable it. You'll need to re-enable the mod after you make the change.

*edit* I made a mistake. Make sure it's CR_HA_SUBMERGED you change. Actually, if that works, you can change both CR_HA_SUBMERGED and CR_HF_SUBMERGED

Regardless of whether this fixes your problem, I'll need to address it for 1.2.1. It's a big hole.

The more I think of it, the more I think this is it. HF works because I didn't move his waypoint. I'll get a fix up this evening.

Last edited by Heretic; 03-22-10 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-22-10, 11:32 AM   #157
silversurfer
Seaman

How do you know this stuff.... ok i've had a go at what you suggested, will give it a go.
Cheers for the help buddy... can't live with out this mod.
Old 03-22-10, 11:35 AM   #158
Heretic
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurfer View Post
How do you know this stuff.... ok i've had a go at what you suggested, will give it a go.
Cheers for the help buddy... can't live with out this mod.
Because I emailed my scripts to work, so I can mess with them rather than doing my job.
Old 03-22-10, 11:52 AM   #159
Westbroek
Lieutenant

Downloads: 121

Well played, sir.
Westbroek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 12:05 PM   #160
silversurfer
Seaman

It worked ..the watch crew behave as per the mod, tested it a number of times both crash dive and normal dive. The WO on the other hand still stays on deck, and continues to hide behind the uzo. Hope this info helps you with the fix
Old 03-22-10, 12:18 PM   #161
Heretic
Commodore

Quote:
It worked ..the watch crew behave as per the mod, tested it a number of times both crash dive and normal dive. The WO on the other hand still stays on deck, and continues to hide behind the uzo. Hope this info helps you with the fix
Thanks for testing that for me.

Both HA and HF were falling through to either the HUNT or DAMAGE_TAKEN strategies, so they're not setting their location variables. The watch officer strategy checks those variables to see if they've cleared the bridge. That fix to CR_HA_SUBMERGED stopped the aft guy from doing it. If you make the same change to CR_HF_SUBMERGED, that should let the watch officer go down.

I've been ignoring the strategies for the other conditions and, consequently, I've introduced some incompatabilities that'll have to be addressed.

Thanks for helping me work through that.
Old 03-22-10, 12:30 PM   #162
Rafi
Watch

Downloads: 49

Ubisoft should you pay for it. Thanks to you, this game starts to resemble a game of 2010!

I am very grateful to you for what you're doing!
Rafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 02:44 PM   #163
silversurfer
Seaman

I made the change to the HF guy, for me this caused a lot of ctd. When it did work I had the HF guy doing a wierd sitting movement thru the CR until he reached his proper location. He would walk a few steps go into the seated position then get up and do it all over again. The change did bring the WO down into the boat but any time I gave a order to change the direction of the boat it CTD. I changed the HF line back to its original from but still got CTD. The changes were are in Mightyfine crew mod 1.2 alt faces.
Old 03-22-10, 02:52 PM   #164
Heretic
Commodore

Quote:
I made the change to the HF guy, for me this caused a lot of ctd. When it did work I had the HF guy doing a wierd sitting movement thru the CR until he reached his proper location. He would walk a few steps go into the seated position then get up and do it all over again. The change did bring the WO down into the boat but any time I gave a order to change the direction of the boat it CTD. I changed the HF line back to its original from but still got CTD. The changes were are in Mightyfine crew mod 1.2 alt faces.
Any syntax error causes a CTD. Can be a real pain in the butt to track down. I think this'll have to wait for me to fix it this evening. Sorry I let this slip through.
Old 03-22-10, 02:55 PM   #165
silversurfer
Seaman

I can't remember what the error message was it flashed up to quick. Don't be sorry either its an awesome mod bound to be teething problems, glad I could help you out in a small way.

Tags
favorite