Closed Thread

Old 03-02-22, 03:42 PM   #1621
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Ukrainian Civilians Take On Russian Invaders With Words And Deeds

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-civi.../31728966.html

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 03-02-22, 03:43 PM   #1622
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

For whatever its worth, the Ukrainian numbers given until yesterday for losses on both sides and civilians were assessed by journalists by several countries to be more or less quite reaosonable and in line with more detailed and confirmed reports in local regions that serve as a verification basis for modelling total nubmers nationwide. The Ukrainians do a much better job on the media, both Selensky, and the Ukrainian side in general, they know they do not serve themselves well if the set up lies that then get shown to be lies and thus discredit themselves. The Kremlin on the other hand still lives by the mindset of wanting to control the media, shutting down non-conformal media (practically all non-conformal media outlets now are being shut down in Russia), and spilling out censored and bombastically processed "entertaining" pictures that show a clinical war where all runs according to plan and nothing goes wrong, not mentioning the criminal intentions of the war. So again, the numbers given by the Ukraine by many international correspondents are said to reflect quite well their own assessments and impressison from various places in the Ukraine when extrapolating their personal perceptions in place to a nation-wide level.

The Ukraine had also set up - in Russian - a wbesite where families in Russia could look and find their sons and fathers and brothers that were caught and are prisoners, offering families to pick them up and take them home back to Russia. Problem was there were too many prisoners shown for the Kremlin's taste - they shut down access to thewebsite in Russia, TV news said an hour ago.

The Ukraine says until yesterday the killed over 5300 Russian soldiers, several hundreds are taken as prisoners, and the Russian attacks have killed more than 2000 civilans. The numbers for Ukrianian losses vary widely. Naturally the Ukrainians are more heistent to reveal these. Numericla,y they are m uch lower tha the Russian losses, however. This may chnage now that the Russians are to pack out the big clubs. OIn the other hand, thousands of additonal ATGMs from European nations are being in transit to the Ukraine. The urban fighting ahead will be hell. For both sides. The Russians will loose many, many, many vehicles if they move into the cities, many of these Panzerfaust-type weapons are made right for these combat situations: to be fired from inside buildings and enclosed compartments. Bigger, longer-range ATMS olfteh cannot be used from inside rooms and buildings, the backblast would injure or kill the shooting crew.

Russian prisoners also said alraedy days ago that the Russian artillery back then was randomly shooting civilian places to make it look as if it were just unwanted unintentional hits where in fact the random hits were wanted to make the population panic and leave the place so that they could not fight and resist later on. Its no random collateral damage, its intentional and targetted tactics. And if you remember Georgia and Chechnya you know the Russian are anything but shy of shooting at civilian places deliberately. In the Ukraine they tried to avoid that, since it spoils the impession of one Slavic brother coming to the rescue of the other slavic brother, but it did not work. They now take off the gloves, obviously. TOS-1 Buratino tanks are confirmed to have been spotted in the Ukraine, and are being brought forward. The huge night explosion somebody showed in a cellphone video one or two day ago, and where some commented it looked like a small nuke and I said it looked so much bigger than a Tomahawk with its heavier warhead ( already suspected that it was not a normal cruise msisile, but a vaccum warhead), was not the Kalibr missile hit as was claimed, but it was a single round from such a TOS-1 missile "flame thrower" that hit an ammo storage site. A TOS-1 has 16-24 barrels, usually the missiles are armed with thermobaric warheads. This was just 1 missile. Its the biggest conventional callibre weapon known of. The Russians move some of these towards the big cities.

What Putin has announced is by definition of the anti-genocide convention de facto genocide: the systematic attempt to delete an ethnic and cultural independent identity by means of massacring people, destroying culturlal heritage, hisotircvlaly grown tarditons and history, habits, forbidding language and stopping the affected target population from being what it is, or existing at all. This is de facto what Putin wants when he denied the Ukrianians the right to exist as an independent sovereign people and state. Its genocide, period.

If they use TOS-1 weapons now in cities where there is still civilian population, maybe even intentionally target districts with civilian population like they did in Grozny and the Georgia war, this borders crimes as obsence and monstrous as the death camps of the Nazis were. Its the attempt to systematically wipe out a people with industrial means and precision.

To call the ratpack around Putin fascists and war cirmnnals therefor is fully jutsified. They are this, and nothing else.

And they do it to a claimed Slavic brother people. This shows the utmost contempt for human life, and murderous cycnism.

If Europe wants to help the Ukrainian fighter, we must deliver them ammo in general and Panzerfaust-type weapons in special. It will turn life into living hell for the Russian attackers.

Yes, I am not neutral in this.
Old 03-02-22, 03:44 PM   #1623
Catfish

It does not take long to learn how to fire a rifle. Putin will be able to conquer Ukraine with genocide and chechen bullies, but after this the real fun starts.

Old 03-02-22, 03:57 PM   #1624
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susexx View Post
Irony is already good. I wanted to ask you, did you participate in combat operations or served in the army? It's just a question, without humor, mockery and ridicule.
Quid pro quo.
Yes.
Why do you think did the russian convoy on the way to Kyev stop?

Old 03-02-22, 03:58 PM   #1625
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 131

I saw images of the apartments hit. I have one question about those images.
Why were there destroyed military equipment in those images?

I doubt they were Russian being that close to those buildings so could have been Ukrainian destroyed Units.
If that is the case? I can accept that it was a justifiable attack since War Units were parked near civilian structures.
Old 03-02-22, 04:05 PM   #1626
Catfish

"Our Streets, Our Town"

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-russ.../31730569.html

Old 03-02-22, 04:05 PM   #1627
Andreas86
Ensign

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
All good points Jeff and you're right. I gave my two cents worth, for what it's worth.

Well said.

Indeed.. For what its worth, please refrain from the condescending tone in the future. It was uncalled for.
Old 03-02-22, 04:10 PM   #1628
Catfish

Russian troops slowed by Ukrainian resistance | WNT

Old 03-02-22, 04:11 PM   #1629
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas86 View Post
Indeed.. For what its worth, please refrain from the condescending tone in the future. It was uncalled for.

Back off pal. I gave you about as much quarter as I going to. In the future, please refrain from making stupid, and foolish comments and you won't have issues. That's not a condescending or patronizing tone, just reality.
Old 03-02-22, 04:13 PM   #1630
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 131

Andreas86

I stepped in to try to calm an issue. Please don't push it.
That will be non-productive.

I'll cry about both your Egos at a later date. Both seem to want to be the one with the last word.
Get over it! Last I checked? Not a one of you are getting bombed!
So sit back and have a beer and post something constructive.

Your petty exchanges are just that. "You hurt my feelins" Get over it and show a better Man not a hidden Keyboard Warrior.

My true name and location are easily seen here at Subsim. Can you Guys say the same?
Old 03-02-22, 04:17 PM   #1631
Susexx
Planesman

Downloads: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
I saw images of the apartments hit. I have one question about those images.
Why were there destroyed military equipment in those images?

I doubt they were Russian being that close to those buildings so could have been Ukrainian destroyed Units.
If that is the case? I can accept that it was a justifiable attack since War Units were parked near civilian structures.
You're observant, it's immediately obvious that the 82nd Airborne has strong guys. Glad to meet you, sorry to discuss sad news. I served in the 76th Guards Airborne Division. You asked the very right questions, the right questions of a military man.
Old 03-02-22, 04:17 PM   #1632
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susexx View Post
This is not the uniform of the Russian army. And there are no bright elements and bright chevrons on the field uniform.
Those badges may not be part of a field uniform, but one only need watch a Russian victory day parade on YouTube to see they are indeed part of some kind of a Russian uniform. Considering his own description how he was ‘recruited’. I suspect he is just a conscript. Nothing more than fodder, a consumable inferior resource in abundant supply. The paid professional soldier would know why he was in theatre and wear a proper uniform. Just a guess.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 03-02-22, 04:17 PM   #1633
Andreas86
Ensign

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
I gave you about as much quarter as I going to.

Well, I'm indeed honored. My humblest apologies mylord.

I cannot remember attacking you, so get your patronizing butt off your high horse.
Old 03-02-22, 04:21 PM   #1634
Catfish

Russian forces pound Ukraine’s cities as the resistance holds the line in Kyiv

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/ru...e-line-in-kyiv

This is old news, civilian urban apartment buildings have been targeted before. Not indiscriminate, but specific.

Old 03-02-22, 04:22 PM   #1635
Catfish

Closed Thread