Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-11-21, 07:57 PM   #1606
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Biden Erased Decades of Historic Crimes in His Speech to Congress

Biden's claim that the Capitol Riot was the "worst attack on our democracy since the Civil War" is ahistorical garbage.

https://outsidevoices.substack.com/p...es-of-historic

… If President Biden is to suggest that the siege on Capitol Hill on January 6th was "the worst attack on our democracy since the Civil War," then we should demand that our leaders be honest about what does and does not constitute an "attack on our democracy." Attacks on our democracy aren't just reserved for storming the U.S. Capitol and targeting U.S. lawmakers with historically low approval ratings. If that's the case, that a certain set of rules only applies to the political elite and not the people, then it's safe to say that we do not truly live in a democracy.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 10:59 PM   #1607
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

technically it's a Democratic Republic, not a true Democracy.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 01:18 AM   #1608
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Biden Erased Decades of Historic Crimes in His Speech to Congress

Biden's claim that the Capitol Riot was the "worst attack on our democracy since the Civil War" is ahistorical garbage.

https://outsidevoices.substack.com/p...es-of-historic

… If President Biden is to suggest that the siege on Capitol Hill on January 6th was "the worst attack on our democracy since the Civil War," then we should demand that our leaders be honest about what does and does not constitute an "attack on our democracy." Attacks on our democracy aren't just reserved for storming the U.S. Capitol and targeting U.S. lawmakers with historically low approval ratings. If that's the case, that a certain set of rules only applies to the political elite and not the people, then it's safe to say that we do not truly live in a democracy.
I find the whole discusting afair on January 6th the worst event since the Kent State shootings. Don't give me any crap about anything patriotically noble about it, it stank.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 07:03 AM   #1609
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I find the whole discusting afair on January 6th the worst event since the Kent State shootings. Don't give me any crap about anything patriotically noble about it, it stank.
I think you completely missed the point of the article, try reading it next time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-12-21 at 07:15 AM.
Old 07-12-21, 07:32 AM   #1610
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

As the article states you could call the southern states' Jim Crow laws an attack on democracy, but then i guess the governors did not have to perpetrate their ideas by force, on the unwilling population of the time?
And if the majority is for racism, it is the will of the people and all is good as long as the government does not intervene. But then the article's last sentence probably has it

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 08:32 AM   #1611
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

I don’t know about everyone else but in recent years I’ve noticed an uptick in divisive politics and media reporting which is stirring up a lot of people and dividing a country. Conveniently followed by warnings of emerging internal threats and calls to increase spending for state intel gathering, surveillance, and law enforcement. Funny how that seems work and what better timing than with a president who doesn’t seem to have a clue what’s going on around him.

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-12-21 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-12-21, 09:10 AM   #1612
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Kamala Harris Comes Out of Hiding, Gives Interview, Reminds America Why She Shouldn't Give Interviews

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...views-n1460912

Add rural America to the list of places Kamala Harris hasn’t been, along with Europe and the parts of the border that are actually in crisis.

Harris sat with Soledad O’Brien for a softball interview and couldn’t even handle the slow pitch.

Old 07-12-21, 09:42 AM   #1613
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

The White House and Democrat Party hiding more of the Biden’s shady pay for play deals. Liberal media and voters sure do love these two crooks.

Old 07-12-21, 09:47 AM   #1614
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Hey look more crooks just keep getting voted in again and again and again by liberal Democrat Blue-anon believers.

Old 07-12-21, 10:12 AM   #1615
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

A critique of liberals by a liberal

Old 07-12-21, 10:51 AM   #1616
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

The rise of violence around the nation thanks to liberal Democrats destroying the very fabric of society with their very bad ideas. They screw it up then blame COVID.

https://outsidevoices.substack.com/p...doubt-over-c77

… when Philadelphia voters go the polls on Tuesday, they’ll have to decide whether Krasner’s radical experiment, which has been emulated around the country in cities such as Chicago, St. Louis, San Francisco and Los Angeles, is worth the rapidly escalating number of dead bodies for which Krasner’s policies are being blamed. Another issue that may linger after the Philadelphia election is whether the “reform” movement that Krasner embodies is itself in need of reform.

The good news is that low-level nonviolent offenders were treated more sanely, and nobody’s getting busted anymore for possession of marijuana. The bad news is that Krasner’s progressive policies have been responsible for routinely letting armed and dangerous criminals out of jail who’ve gone on to commit more crimes.

As one veteran criminal defense lawyer who defends many drug dealers told me, since Krasner became D.A., “All my clients are out on the street. And they’re all armed.”

Turf battles over drugs in Philadelphia are largely responsible for creating the biggest issue in Tuesday’s Democratic primary that may ultimately cost Krasner his job -- a surging murder rate.

It’s a problem across the nation that prosecutors, especially Krasner’s progressive brethren, have been clueless about when it comes to stopping the bloodshed.

When Krasner was elected in 2017, Philadelphia had 315 murders. Last year, the city had 499 murders, the highest total in 30 years, a 58% increase over Krasner’s first three years in office.

Over the first 133 days of 2021, the murder count as of May 13th was already at 191, a 39% increase over last year. At this rate, the city will set an all-time record of more than 693 murders.

Many people across the nation, including Krasner, have blamed COVID-19 for the upsurge in gun violence. Cops on the ground in Philadelphia confirm that during the pandemic, the illegal drug business has thrived, and that every time the government issues a new wave of stimulus checks, there's an uptick in sales of heroin, cocaine and other drugs.

Here are a few prominent examples of criminals that Kasner’s office has loosed on the populace:

Last June, Krasner’s D.A.’s office agreed to let Tarray Herring out of jail for free, for fear that he would catch COVID behind bars. Herring, a registered sex offender with more than a dozen arrests, was arrested again in February after cops found him driving around town in a U-Haul truck with a headless torso in back. Herring confessed that he used an electric saw and a hacksaw to dismember the body of Peter Gerold, a 70-year-old licensed masseuse. Next, Herring deep-fried the body parts, and disposed of them in various dumpsters. He’s been charged with murder and abuse of a corpse.

Last December, two separate bail hearings were held for Josephus Davis, a two-time convicted robber arrested two more times for an alleged carjacking as well as an aggravated assault allegedly committed while still in prison. At the hearings, the bail in Davis’ two new cases was reduced from a combined $300,000 down to $32,000, meaning that Davis’ relatives only had to put up a 10% deposit, or $3,200, to spring him. Just two weeks later, Davis attempted to rob and then shot to death Milan Loncar, 25, a recent Temple University graduate out walking his dog.

In January of 2018, Hassan Elliott pleaded guilty in a negotiated plea to carrying firearms without a license, but walked out of court a free man based on time previously served. While on probation, Elliott was charged three times for probation violations, but three times the D.A.’s office allowed Elliott to stay out of jail. A year later, in January 2019, Elliott was arrested again on a drug charge, but the D.A.’s office withdrew the charge. On March 13, 2020, Elliott shot to death Sgt. James O’Connor, 46, who showed up with a SWAT team to serve an arrest warrant on Elliott for another murder he was accused of. At a press conference where the feds announced they were taking over prosecution of the case, then U.S. Attorney William McSwain stated that Krasner’s “pro-violent defendant policies” were “every bit as responsible” for the murder of Sgt. O’Connor as Hassan Elliott.

In addition to the surging murder rate, Krasner has been heavily criticized for his lax prosecution of gun crimes. A “revolving door” is how Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw has characterized Krasner’s handling of gun arrests.’’

Old 07-12-21, 11:23 AM   #1617
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

More on koolaid drinking lemmings B-anon conspiracy theory believing liberal Democrats.

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-12-21 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-12-21, 10:34 PM   #1618
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Democrats graduate from just a gullible bunch of kool-aide drinking B-anon russiagate conspiracy theorists. To having their very own official state run media outlet. Joe Stalin would be envious of your accomplishement. Sadly our corporate media and journalists the ones who were supposed to be our government watchdogs have become lapdogs.

Old 07-12-21, 10:46 PM   #1619
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Are you now just spamming the thread?

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 10:44 AM   #1620
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

I found the last video amusing in that it statistically showed Democrats as the predominate war hawk, right wing, Stalinist authoritarians in this country.