Old 03-28-16, 05:33 PM   #1591
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
I agree the gun "free zone" is code for "your victims are unarmed."

It is also code for "we have armed security teams who have trained together and are familiar with the event venue."
Old 03-28-16, 05:53 PM   #1592
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Default Trump and torture

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-torture-works/

Quote:
During a question and answer session moderated by South Carolina State Rep. Bill Herbkersman, Trump was asked whether he would approve of waterboarding.

"Absolutely," Trump said, as he has said before. But there was more.
"I said I'll approve it immediately, but I'll make it also much worse. They said what do you mean," Trump said...

in the Middle East. They want to kill us. They want to kill us. They want to kill our country. They want to knock out our cities. And don't tell me it doesn't work. Torture works, okay folks?...Believe me, it works."

And we should believe Trump on this ... why? He has no experience nor education in interrogation or the laws for that matter.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/22/politi...sels-abdeslam/

Quote:
Donald Trump suggested Tuesday that Belgian authorities could have thwarted Tuesday's terrorist attack in Brussels by torturing Salah Abdeslam, the suspected terrorist who was captured days earlier.
Trump argued in an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer that Abdeslam, a suspect in last year's terrorist attacks in Paris who fled to Belgium, knew of the plot that ISIS-linked terrorists carried out Tuesday and would have talked "a lot faster with the torture."

"If he would've talked you might not have had the blow up -- all these people dead and all these people wounded because he probably knew about it," Trump said. "We have to be smart. I mean it's hard to believe. We can't waterboard -- listen, nothing's nice about it, but it's your minimal form of torture."

Trump has argued that he would authorize waterboarding and "far worse" forms of torture against suspected terrorists as president after first broadening existing laws banning torture.
This man does not represent me.

The fact that the question of should the US torture people and how much should they be tortured is even being discussed, fills me with great sadness.

Was my 20 years in the military and my almost 20 years of continuing support of the government all wasted?

Has my country changed that much?

It is difficult for me to describe how this makes me feel. The very notion violates far too many of my core values.... values that I thought I shared with my fellow citizens and my country.
Old 03-28-16, 06:21 PM   #1593
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
It is also code for "we have armed security teams who have trained together and are familiar with the event venue."
I beg to differ. At the stadiums uniformed police officers are employed to provide security. Teams? Not really. Trained together? Not necessarily. There are unarmed security physically checking patrons of the game. Pat down, metal detector pass through and wands. Further gun free zones include schools and the like. There are no crack teams of trained professionals at schools. We can attest to that with resent school shootings.
Old 03-28-16, 06:41 PM   #1594
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:

And we should believe Trump on this ... why? He has no experience nor education in interrogation or the laws for that matter.

The fact that the question of should the US torture people and how much should they be tortured is even being discussed, fills me with great sadness.

Was my 20 years in the military and my almost 20 years of continuing support of the government all wasted?

It is difficult for me to describe how this makes me feel. The very notion violates far too many of my core values.... values that I thought I shared with my fellow citizens and my country.

Trump is adamant concerning torture but he sees what he proposes as much less than the beheadings displayed on youtube. Will Trump be able to demand waterboarding? Sure he can demand it but it does not mean the military leaders will adhere. But, what Trump is conveying(IMO) is he will not appear to be a limp biscuit on the world stage. Similar to Reagan who talked tough and was willing to back it up. It is all BS talk and nothing more. However, this BS talk becomes something real as day after day more innocents are blown to bits for simply attending a concert.

Concerning torture...the torturing has been going on since Gitmo if I'm not mistaken. I would dare say the torturing has been evident since WW2. Talking of torture and how far to torture has been a topic for a very long time. Geneva Convention vastly ignored by many. It does not make it right though. The country has not changed that much IMO. We just get to hear about this activity more often because the internet is at our beck and call 24/7.

As far as representing you, what current nominee represents you best? What is their proposed solution to the terrorists plots and obtaining useful information? What have they offer to you that fits your core values?

Personally, I think they all suck. Hillary was horrible as the Sec of State. She knows all about terrorist and did zero while tenured as Sec of State. Burnie is just a free love guy. When I see Bernie, "Peace, drugs, rock and roll" come to mind. Cruz is the crusty weird uncle every family has. Trump is a businessman and should stay a business man. He has less of a clue than Obama 8 years ago.
Old 03-28-16, 07:14 PM   #1595
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:

You and me both. To think that millions of people would be inclined to vote for this guy, he clearly has no idea what he's talking about in foreign policy, law, trade; plus he acts like a Jerry Springer audience member. I'm still crossing my fingers that he does not get 1237 delegates and then Cruze gets enough Rubio, Carson and Kasich delegates to make it over the top after the first ballot. I don't particularly like Cruze either, but considering the alternatives (a loon and a grasping career politico), it's about all we can hope for with Bloomberg out.
Old 03-28-16, 07:51 PM   #1596
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Secret Service says no guns at the convention.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...ion/ar-BBr2zNm

Al Capone
Old 03-28-16, 10:38 PM   #1597
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

I see they nailed an idiot claiming to be a 'prophet of God' at the Capitol today.

It's not even April yet.
Old 03-29-16, 12:35 AM   #1598
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
You and me both. To think that millions of people would be inclined to vote for this guy, he clearly has no idea what he's talking about in foreign policy, law, trade; plus he acts like a Jerry Springer audience member. I'm still crossing my fingers that he does not get 1237 delegates and then Cruze gets enough Rubio, Carson and Kasich delegates to make it over the top after the first ballot. I don't particularly like Cruze either, but considering the alternatives (a loon and a grasping career politico), it's about all we can hope for with Bloomberg out.
It's not like our new enemies openly declare war on us as a country, so we're already at a disadvantage. If Trump pursued that course he probably wouldn't put any of our boys in a place that they could be captured. I think the Donald would have ended this whole fifteen year mess the day after 9-11, and piss on regimes like North Korea would tremble in their boots at the thought of offending us ever again. When you think of salted earth, Carthage wouldn't be the first place to spring to mind.
Old 03-29-16, 04:10 AM   #1599
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
I think the Donald would have ended this whole fifteen year mess the day after 9-11, and piss on regimes like North Korea would tremble in their boots at the thought of offending us ever again. When you think of salted earth, Carthage wouldn't be the first place to spring to mind.
Oh yea. That's all the world needs to make things right.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 03-29-16, 05:13 AM   #1600
Tchocky
Navy Seal

Downloads: 6

Quote:
It's not like our new enemies openly declare war on us as a country, so we're already at a disadvantage. If Trump pursued that course he probably wouldn't put any of our boys in a place that they could be captured. I think the Donald would have ended this whole fifteen year mess the day after 9-11, and piss on regimes like North Korea would tremble in their boots at the thought of offending us ever again. When you think of salted earth, Carthage wouldn't be the first place to spring to mind.
Jesus.

Old 03-29-16, 09:27 AM   #1601
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post

And I back up what the Secret Service is demanding. It is not the time or the place. It is a campaign rally and not a skeet shoot.
Old 03-29-16, 09:30 AM   #1602
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:

I'm not so sure a formal letter is required to declare war on a country. I think the declaration of war was apparent with aircraft flown into the World Trade Centers NY City. I do not believe Trump could have done any better after 9/11.
Old 03-29-16, 09:35 AM   #1603
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post

Not surprised and applaud the obvious outcome.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-29-16, 12:06 PM   #1604
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

NYPD Police Commissioner - "Greater threat from American citizens than international terrorists"

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/03/nypd...rmed-citizens/
Old 03-29-16, 12:13 PM   #1605
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
And I back up what the Secret Service is demanding. It is not the time or the place. It is a campaign rally and not a skeet shoot.

I agree!!

Al Capone
Closed Thread

Tags
clinton, cuba, doomed, election, marx, president, trump