Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-21-24, 09:31 AM   #181
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Very nice looking watch Marc but for me the only flaw is it's an automatic.

I've had two or three over the years and sometimes I could get a little irate when having to manually adjust the time.

One has to know what one gets oneself into when going for an Automatic. Its no Quartz, and no radio controlled watch. +10 to -10 seconds per day in my book already is very good. Most Automatics have even greater tolerances.

You could go for a chronometer-certificated Automatic, these must run with deviations not exceeding 0 to +4 seconds per 24 hours, no matter the circumstances. I have currently three automatics running this precise, and they are not even chronometers, they are just lucky picks.

When you want pure function, you go for an electric tool watch. Obviously I am not about function anymore, but looks. To me, its more jewelry pleasing the eye than function. But I can also perfectly understand other peoples' fascination for precision or multi-functionality or the technical design of watches that lock like the cockpit of an airplane, when I was younger I liked these hightech-looking watches, too. That now I more prefer sporty dress watches is a new development, not older than just three or four years.

For me its jewelry, the only sort of jewelry I have and use. I use nothing else: no expensive clothing, ties, rings, necklaces, designer glasses, cufflinks - none of these. And no tatoos.
Old 08-21-24, 09:51 AM   #182
Skybird
Soaring

Skybird's Four Seasons

Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter.
Old 09-22-24, 06:16 AM   #183
Skybird
Soaring

For those who feel concerned this might be interesting to know.

https://www-nzz-ch.translate.goog/wi...x_tr_hist=true

Waterproof, but unsuitable for swimming: How watch manufacturers unsettle their customers. - Despite strict water resistance standards, many watch manufacturers warn against wearing their models in water. This is confusing, because it has been proven since 2007 that waterproof means waterproof. So why this caution?

In a nutshell: every watch offering 2 bar protection offers waterproof under all circumstances: jumping from a cliff and clashign onto the water surface, taking hot showers, snorkeling, diving to 20 m. Statements that it might have this and that Bar value, but is "unsuited for swimming", are misled. Only the sealing rings and the crown axis can be subject to degeneration over time, loosing the waterproof effect after some years.