SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-14-24, 01:31 PM   #6016
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Gone to Texas. No More Kleptocratic Government for me!
Downloads: 440
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraOfIce View Post
I think the LAA being in the wrong location is what caused it. The game seems to be working fine now.

Here is my JSGME log though:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8
FI-OQ_FotRSU_v1.8f_upcPatch
4gb_patch

Thank you.
great news!

you should probably run JSGME and remove the 4gb_patch mod.

Have fun with that mod. keep in mind that the enemy can and will fire back at you...with torpedoes, too.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-24, 10:25 AM   #6017
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraOfIce View Post
I'm having trouble getting the mod to run. The main menu is working but it crashes when I start the game.

I have the Steam version.

I've done the following:

1. Moved the game files off of Program Files.
2. Enabled Compatibility Mode on the exe.
3. Enabled the 4 gig patch and the mod using JSGME

When I try to play, the loading screen completes but the screen goes black. If I tab out the game gives the following error:
Data/Shaders/VolumetricFog/VolumetricFogPS.fx

Please Help
You are modding Steam's v1.3 Wolves of the Pacific game, and you need to use the Steam version of U-Boat Missions Add-On game, which brings you up to v1.5, aka: Gold Edition. You do need to own both versions of the game for Add-On to function... You also have to empty the Save folder (C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4) to clear any old data out. The game will re-create the data when you next start the game. Also, LAA is not a mod, and must be activated on its own, targeting the SH4.exe file in the game folder...

"...and bollocks to the naysayers" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-24, 03:34 PM   #6018
JapLance
Watch

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0

Well, got my orders for my second patrol, the first on my new boat.

Great!. Back to the Phillippines, on the limit of my range . This mod hates me . I set sail at 0600 of Feb 14th, and just a few miles from my base my sonar guy reports a contact. I expected some allied shipping fleeing the area for Darwin as I had done a month before, but...

and just a few minutes later, while I was deciding what to do next, some planes were spotted. Probably Kido Butai about to strike Darwin. Definitely this mod hates me!.
JapLance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-24, 07:21 PM   #6019
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
Well, got my orders for my second patrol, the first on my new boat.

Great!. Back to the Phillippines, on the limit of my range . This mod hates me . I set sail at 0600 of Feb 14th, and just a few miles from my base my sonar guy reports a contact. I expected some allied shipping fleeing the area for Darwin as I had done a month before, but...

and just a few minutes later, while I was deciding what to do next, some planes were spotted. Probably Kido Butai about to strike Darwin. Definitely this mod hates me!.
that's great news! attack! then head back to base and refit and go out again.
looks like a "3" mission-rating for sure!

LAA enabled
Old 07-18-24, 03:13 PM   #6020
propbeanie

February 19th, 1942 is the "Darwin Harbor Day", which sank at least 7 ships and damaged quite a few others of the 47 or so in the harbor at the time. The raid was intended to cripple any response that could be mustered from there to counter the Japanese invasion of Timor on the 20th, and shortly after, the invasion of Java. Darwin Town itself was heavily damaged, and most residents left the area afterwards, and the harbor, now unsupportable, was likewise abandoned. Japan continued air raids (60+) until November 1943, mostly based from Timor...

Old 07-21-24, 02:34 AM   #6021
JapLance
Watch

Well, I found those CVs on their way out of Darwin on the 14th of February. They were a bit early.

Since my mission was a supply one and there were Zeroes around, I decided to leave them alone. Moved out of their way and proceeded to Mariveles to unload. When arriving I received a message to pick up some guests out of Corregidor, and while it took me some time to find them on their raft, I finally could take them inside my boat. The return trip was quiet, with no ship spottings, but I had to make it to Southern Australia (not even Fremantle, but still souther, to a place I had never heard of in this WW2 context). Only fisher boats in the harbour .

Now on my 3rd patrol, ordered to Northern Java first and currently NW of Borneo, with 3 more ships to add to my tally (hindsight about torpedo exploders is great ).

One think I'd like to ask: what are those yellow lines on the chart?

They appear while zooming in and out, at seemingly random places. I couldn't make out what are they for.

Old 07-21-24, 10:07 AM   #6022
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:

They appear while zooming in and out, at seemingly random places. I couldn't make out what are they for.

i tried several post-searches and also perused the Support documentation but i cannot find the actual explanation for the colored lines. so....i will do this from memory until PB sees these posts and gives you the long explanation.

the colored lines are FOTRSU designators for the various CINCPAC territories: SoPac, SowePac, etc as well as highlighting the International Date Line.
theoretically, boats assigned to a specific command were not supposed to stray into a bordering command area, lest they be unexpectedly detected and fired upon because they were not expected to be in that area and would be assumed to be the enemy. however, no such thing happens in SH4-FOTRSU. it was an eye-candy feature that the FOTRSU Team added to bring a feeling of realism into the Nav Map during play. i am sure that they spent time to research it in order to have the highest degree of accuracy. use the lines for general info only and steam wherever/whenever you want in search of enemy shipping without the fear of friendly fire.

good luck.

LAA enabled
Old 07-22-24, 01:51 AM   #6023
JapLance
Watch

Thanks for the explanation . So basically I can ignore them .
Old 07-22-24, 01:55 AM   #6024
zeus
Lieutenant

Downloads: 971

any news about next update?
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-24, 01:58 PM   #6025
mrfritz44
Sailor man

Downloads: 93
Default Must have FOTRSU add-ons

It's been a long time away from the game and want the best version I can create before I jump back in.

Any recommendations beyond the following that I should activate in that JSGME order?

Fl-OQ_FotRSU_v1.8f_upcPatch
AddinModzPak_18
mrfritz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-24, 04:17 PM   #6026
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfritz44 View Post
It's been a long time away from the game and want the best version I can create before I jump back in.

Any recommendations beyond the following that I should activate in that JSGME order?

AddinModzPak_18
in the download, there is documentation on using the numbering sequence that the FOTRSU Team has suggested.
100 mods followed by 200 mods, etc.

not sure about what is included in the Addin Modz Pak because i am at work but i am fairly certain that they are numbered in order to provide direction as to the order they should be applied.

do not attempt to use any mod that is not meant for use with FOTRSU as it will take you to the land of DTC very quickly.

here is a sample that seems pretty good. OQ=Officer Quarters. mods 3 & 4 are remastered ships for FOTRSU.

101_FotRSUv18_FixPak
Nippon_Maru_v1.9b_FotRSU
Nihon Kaigun v1.3a_FotRSU
Combined Roster
305_LessJapaneseAirRadar
650_MoreDudz
801_UMark Invisible
803_NoPlayerSubFlags
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN
851_Red_FotRSU_Logo

good luck, Herr Kaleun!

LAA enabled
Old 07-26-24, 08:02 AM   #6027
propbeanie

Quote:
Well, I found those CVs on their way out of Darwin on the 14th of February. They were a bit early.
Hmmm... they spawn over by Davao, and apparently are going too fast for the conditions then. I'll check that out. Thanks!
Since my mission was a supply one and there were Zeroes around, I decided to leave them alone. Moved out of their way and proceeded to Mariveles to unload. When arriving I received a message to pick up some guests out of Corregidor, and while it took me some time to find them on their raft, I finally could take them inside my boat. The return trip was quiet, with no ship spottings, but I had to make it to Southern Australia (not even Fremantle, but still souther, to a place I had never heard of in this WW2 context). Only fisher boats in the harbour .

Now on my 3rd patrol, ordered to Northern Java first and currently NW of Borneo, with 3 more ships to add to my tally (hindsight about torpedo exploders is great ).

[pic]

Those are the 15 degree time zone lines. The IDL is "purple", and the time zone lines are yellow. These can be use to help calculate your sunrise / sunset local times, so long as your "base time" doesn't stray too far from the use of too much TC... - btw, the SoWesPac lines are the red ones that zig-zag around Australia and surrounding waters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
any news about next update?
Not really. There is not much time as of late to work on things, so it is a slow slog. Plus, more than one mod add-in have abjectly failed after weeks of attempted development, which is frustrating. But we'll get there eventually. Computer developers are found of saying "two weeks", but no way that is happening... If it all fits together nicely, it would be that long, but thus far, we are still months out...

Quote:

AddinModzPak_18
The use of the "Fl-OQ_FotRSU_v1.8f_upcPatch" is only if you use vickers03's Fleetboat Interior - Officer's Quarters mod. The "AddinModzPak_18" is a pack of mods that end up in the "Extras" folder, under the "AddInModzPak" folder. You then drag (copy and paste) the desired mods into the MODS folder and activate them separately. What KaleunMarco illustrates above is a good list. You can skip some, or add more from the AddInModzPak as you see fit to experiment with. As mentioned, it is advisable to NOT use mods other than the ones listed on the main mod's download page. Some other mods are compatible, but there are many more that are not. FotRSU uses a different nomenclature for many ship and plane calls, as well as many of the Library folder files, which will cause issues with any add-in mods that touch those. Be sure and clear the Save folder (C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4) and use either 4Gig Patch or LAA to mark the SH4.exe file as 64x compatible. See the pdf files in the Support folder for help...

Old 07-26-24, 10:15 AM   #6028
JapLance
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Hmmm... they spawn over by Davao, and apparently are going too fast for the conditions then. I'll check that out. Thanks!
I think I made a mistake with the date there. I got back to port on the 14th of January, so I was convinced that it was Feb 14th when I set sail again, but checking the screenshot of my orders, I was wrong. It was the 19th, as it should be for the Port Darwin attack.

The dates are correct. Not so much the campaign files, which I believe come from the original game (not FOTRSU) and are not very accurate, at least for this raid.
Old 07-26-24, 02:22 PM   #6029
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3267

Quote:

AddinModzPak_18
Hi, mate.

This is my list. All mods are in SUBSIM for download.

Regards.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\SH4\MODS]

101_FotRSUv18_FixPak
Nihon Kaigun v1.3a_FotRSU
Nippon_Maru_v1.9b_FotRSU
Combined Roster
399_NoScrollNavMap
801_UMark Invisible
304_NoJapaneseAirRadar
650_OriginalFOTRS_Dudz
803_NoPlayerSubFlags
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
451_TMOstyle_NavMapDots
451a_TMOstyle_NavMapDots_Nippon_Maru
451b_TMOstyle_NavMapDots_Nihon_Kaigun
450_MoonlightzSonarLines
SH5 TWoS Flags for SH4 FotRSU
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN
Realistic Floor Tiles for Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarter
Snarf_WoodModelv2
851_Red_FotRSU_Logo
856_Col_FotRSU_Museum
Jimimadrid Sailors for FotRSU
Jimimadrid Optics
jimimadrid Shells
Jimimadrid SubManagement
Jimimadrid Metalic Dials
Jimimadrid TDC
Jimimadrid Tools
jimimadrid HUD
FOTRSU_1.8_SUB_SKINS_IN_4k
SMALLER SEABED ROCKS
New Sounds for Fleetboat_Interior-Officer Quarters mod
EAX_SoundSim_FOTRSU_1.8
Enhanced SubSounds for SH4
SMALLER SEA PLANTS MEDIUM
sobers better rock Ver 2 mod
sobers better sand II
FOTRSU Less Jap Planes
Hitman's In Game TSAC v2.1
Targeting_Assistant_V1
FotRS_Chacalot-Porpoise
Jimimadrid Salmon_Sargo Gui Dials
Hamilton Gold Clock
BATTLEFLAG_CONNING_PIKE_SS173
BATTLEFLAG_WARDROOM_PIKE_SS173
USS PIKE
BATTLEFLAGS_MERCHANT_SUNK_COUNT3
BATTLEFLAGS_WARSHIP_SUNK_COUNT1
Speech_Overhaul
TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3_SH4
DarkerNightsEnv_V2
Lite Fog v2 + 100' Underwater Visability
Vanilla Impurities (from stock game)
RUBINI_CLOUDS_SH4

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-24, 08:18 PM   #6030
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
or from any software development pre-release paper...
I assure you, we will all be grateful and thankful for your hard work, both on the Mod and IRL, however long it takes.

Thank you in advance. You and your efforts are appreciated!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote