SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-11-23, 12:14 PM   #1
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Homme View Post
I was in the Baltic in November and German and British destroyers are constantly fighting there. The German destroyer always wins.
I'm intrigued. Could you tell position, date of the sighting and your version of TWoS? I'll look it up in Mission Editor.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-23, 12:18 PM   #2
Mon Homme
Seaman

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
I'm intrigued. Could you tell position, date of the sighting and your version of TWoS? I'll look it up in Mission Editor.
I did an experiment. The same thing happens in the stock game. This is a stock game issue.

Last edited by Mon Homme; 03-11-23 at 12:36 PM.
Mon Homme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-23, 12:35 PM   #3
Mon Homme
Seaman

01 Nov 1939 Danzig and Hela area. At the entrance to the port Danzig.
Old 03-11-23, 01:07 PM   #4
Mon Homme
Seaman

There is another big problem with subnets in Scapa

Old 03-12-23, 05:05 AM   #5
Mon Homme
Seaman

In Scapa Flow my boat is submerged and not moving. My periscope is down. I saved the game and exited. The next day, I loaded this save and suddenly destroyers and a cannon from a coastal bunker begin to fire at me, although I did not betray my presence in any way.
Old 03-12-23, 05:59 AM   #6
Muckenberg
Planesman

Downloads: 527

Hello, if you read the information about saving the game with TWoS, it is mentioned there that it is not recommended to save the game in this case. The game may load a little differently than it was saved, and this is most likely your case.
Muckenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-23, 08:13 AM   #7
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 590
Uploads: 7

Quote:
In Scapa Flow my boat is submerged and not moving. My periscope is down.

Could it be that you used the command that the crew should go to bed/bunks to save oxygen?
Or was the not moving with a stop of the engines what you want to save and go on the next day?

If the second one is correct, then you should save if you're deeper, like 15 or 18 meters, because in periscope deep the sub is too high after loading a save game and looks out of the water. That is my experience.

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-23, 08:41 AM   #8
Mon Homme
Seaman

Thanks for your answers dear captains! But the problem was not at all in saving the game. To test my suspicions, I reinstalled the game, removed the IRAI, and reinstalled TWoS . The problem is gone. IRAI has high settings for AI visual and sensory observation of the player. Therefore, you will have to endure such moments or deal with the processing of IRAI.
Old 03-12-23, 08:43 AM   #9
Mon Homme
Seaman

Quote:
What's new, kapuhy?
Old 03-13-23, 03:10 PM   #10
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Quote:
What's new, kapuhy?
I haven't found the culprit, sadly. In TWoS 2.2.25 there is no Allied group in area at this time or near this time. German destroyers, yes, sure, but no Allies.

Of course I might be missing something - my knowledge of how campaign works is very basic, Vecko would be the person to ask but he is a rare sight on Subsim recently.
Old 03-13-23, 03:53 PM   #11
Mon Homme
Seaman

Quote:
I haven't found the culprit, sadly. In TWoS 2.2.25 there is no Allied group in area at this time or near this time. German destroyers, yes, sure, but no Allies.

Of course I might be missing something - my knowledge of how campaign works is very basic, Vecko would be the person to ask but he is a rare sight on Subsim recently.
I understood you.

I saw this battle because I moved the bunker and the start of the Total Germany campaign from Memel to Danzig. When my U-29 appeared in the Danzig bunker, then I saw this amazing battle. All this happened on 1 November 1939.
Old 03-25-23, 08:31 AM   #12
DisUnds
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 8

2.2.25 cant using any modified files in \data\Library and Objects? I modified cameras.cam,Shells.zon,torpedoes_g7a-e.sim and .zon,20mm_C38_Twin.sim,Deck_Gun_GE88mm.sim and Vierling.sim,when I load a save(use modified files) which already complete first patrol,and start second game will crash,use original files(start second patrol) will wont.
DisUnds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-23, 01:25 PM   #13
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

DisUnds!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-23, 07:32 AM   #14
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisUnds View Post
2.2.25 cant using any modified files in \data\Library and Objects? I modified cameras.cam,Shells.zon,torpedoes_g7a-e.sim and .zon,20mm_C38_Twin.sim,Deck_Gun_GE88mm.sim and Vierling.sim,when I load a save(use modified files) which already complete first patrol,and start second game will crash,use original files(start second patrol) will wont.
TWoS will normally work with edited sim or zon files, provided there was nothing in your edits themselves that would cause game to crash.
Old 05-31-23, 12:23 PM   #15
daemonofdecay
Watch

Downloads: 58

I'm getting some crashes off the English coast with no warning. Did a clean install, followed the instructions, was even able to run a full patrol with no issues, and this is my second patrol.

Steam, latest version, no custom mods, etc.

Here is a link to the save file. To replicate it, I just have to wait a few minutes / turn on time compression and bam, crash to desktop.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dfwmm...2.sh5save/file
daemonofdecay is offline   Reply With Quote