SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT > UBOAT Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-31-21, 11:09 AM   #1
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375
Uploads: 0

if u-boat is the next step then it fell on its face it don't hold a candle to sh5 with TWoS it is sims on a u-boat to me it is like going too a denist getting all your teeth pull out without a shot i still have it in my steam games but going take major and i mean major work before i ever install it again
Old 06-01-21, 06:19 PM   #2
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 817

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
if u-boat is the next step then it fell on its face it don't hold a candle to sh5 with TWoS it is sims on a u-boat to me it is like going too a denist getting all your teeth pull out without a shot i still have it in my steam games but going take major and i mean major work before i ever install it again
The update was released at 9:00 p.m. today B129 uboat to say the least it's a disaster ... once again waiting time .... for so little ... submarine warfare has no luck ... I am counting on "Wolfpack" and "Crush Deph" which seems to me to be a good start but let's wait once again ... all this waiting !!! the update is riddled with problems the water has become grass the kinematics bug the non-functional side view ... I'm on the way ... and the best ... besides, I've all stopped it so much that pissed me off !!! ! moreover my version was moderated in b128 and it worked rather not badly .. is well now all is in the bag ... I want to specify that my version was installed without mods or old saved ... I would no longer support this genre of projects! because when I see some Devs playing "Warthunder" and keeping the players who trust them and who we invest in wait ... every week with a new excuse ... we are a small team there is covite ... etc .. .me I say to myself that he does not care ... luckily that all are not like that and keep the players who trust them and who we invest in wait ... every week with a new excuse ... we are a small team there is the covite ... etc ... I tell myself that he does not care. .. fortunately not all are like that there are enough firecrackers wet
Kal_Maximus_U669 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 12:22 AM   #3
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
The update was released at 9:00 p.m. today B129 uboat to say the least it's a disaster ...
with respect, i must disagree.

it is far from a "disaster" as you put it. there have been 4 beta patches since your comment... yet you dont come here to praise the dev team's promptess on squashing bugs.

Once the player figures out the interface and options... the gameplay is very similar to SHIII W/ GWX which is, what the OP was discussing.
Old 06-09-21, 05:10 PM   #4
Sirrvs
Loader

Downloads: 38

In case any of you want to pick it up at a discount, it's 50% off over at GOG.com. I'm going to try it out myself tonight for the firstime.
Sirrvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-21, 09:19 AM   #5
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 817

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRivet View Post
with respect, i must disagree.

it is far from a "disaster" as you put it. there have been 4 beta patches since your comment... yet you dont come here to praise the dev team's promptess on squashing bugs.

Once the player figures out the interface and options... the gameplay is very similar to SHIII W/ GWX which is, what the OP was discussing.
hello your disagreement is quite honest ... each way midi at his door
fortunately there have been fixes since because it prevented me from playing .. (I supported this project from the beginning) I do not pay for nothing ...
let's talk about the fixes
all the problem of cinematics no door to the ship ... voila holes .. the navigation of the building really weird .. the uzo on the deck its size is riddicule ... the nose of the ship is not at all compliant. ..NPCs don't stop doing anything !!! it even prevents you from moving around in the building ... translations still not finished .. navigation in the building is not immersive .. it is rigid .. no camera movement ... the diving bars do not work like it is ... the sound is really anything ... a sound of freezer for the gyrocompass .. here I stop ... because there are so many things still .. some of the problems cited are not new. .is not correct
"But you don't come here to praise the development team's readiness to fix bugs."
I'm not here to do their job ... a good hearer, good receiver! moreover it does not deserve it given the communication that there was before the update .. some made me laugh a lot .. on steam I remember their sentence very well I quote:
we are happy because we are where we wanted to be ..
once again i would have liked to have positive reviews..but the .. i can't. anyway it is the modders who will do a better job as from ab ... 2024 all will be good but by then there will be better ones .. 'Wolfpack CrushDeph) ... is this one will be forgotten or played by pationner ..

"Once the player understands the interface and options ... the gameplay is very similar to SHIII W / GWX, that's what the OP was talking about."

no this game is far from having the same immersion .. is not built in the same way
good I wish you a pleasant moment with this game kindly K.M_U669

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 06-13-21 at 05:51 PM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-21, 04:47 PM   #6
Nicolai_Clausen
AtlanticCampaignSurvivor

Downloads: 198

Nicolai_Clausen! U've certainly mastered the art of the 'silent run!'

LOL, It wasn't easy but I did it!!
Old 01-01-22, 10:56 PM   #7
LIONPRIDE
Seaman

Downloads: 15

I just threw down some cash on this due to the Winter-Sale on Steam. Is there any multiplayer in this one ~ ??

LIONPRIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 04:32 AM   #8
MantiBrutalis
Planesman

Downloads: 12

Recently got into UBOAT, and while there are definitely things still missing or wrong, it is so impressive coming from a team of... 3?... people.

Cons:
Nowadays, we don't accept people just popping up in places (like in SH3), and because they don't in UBOAT, some of the hard to do things show up. It is nice that sailors move about, do tasks, switch shifts and so on, but a lot of the harder things to do are noticeable - too few sailors (acceptable simplification, the 3D models would not be happy), no-one is rushing up the tower after surfacing, noone ever really runs, things like that.
The boat physics are a little off. Not enough tilt when going up/down, when surfacing it bobs up awkwardly...
Sinking physics are just... so fast. Ships mostly just disappear in seconds.
The gunnery is unfinished, hopefully. Flak feels awful, deck gun has no ballistics, just point and click.
No hedgehogs and enemy torpedoes yet, afaik.
The enemy AI could do with some work.
No TDC
Some of the UI needs work
Some unhistorical elements here and there
Some of the things I'd want are just unexpectable of a 3 people team. This is a small game.

Pros:
Mods can make it a lot more complex and/or fix some of the cons (TDC, sinking, etc.)
The boat feels alive. People do tasks, load torpedoes, clean floors, cook... The cut-out view is amazing!
Funnel smoke sightings, contrail sightings, glorious...
Modeled leaks, compressors, bilges, pumps...
I like the combined map/3D view, honestly
Some of the missions/side missions are a bit janky, but it's a welcome change from "Go to this square, then come back"
You get to check neutral ships for contraband!

Who cares if the jackets are the wrong shade of grey, or if watchmen stand in the wrong place. Will this game surpass SH3? It already has, in my eyes. UBOAT gets two thumbs up from me.
MantiBrutalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-22, 02:25 PM   #9
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome back!

MantiBrutalis! aftert a 6 year silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-21, 06:59 PM   #10
Nicolai_Clausen
AtlanticCampaignSurvivor

Downloads: 198

I had installed it a while back and just couldn't get past the mechanics. I just reinstalled it after watching a YouTube video. I am impressed with the progress that has been made with it. I am still working through the processes of running the ship, as not everything is automatic and you have to be aware of what is needed to survive. It reminds me of SH5, but easier to work with. The graphics are exceptional over games of the past, the eye candy is happy. The mechanics of the crew are approaching a realistic feel, better that SH5 had one (modeling techniques and graphics cards have made a great difference).

So far I am enjoy the new experience. (really wish the map was more in line with the historical map layout).
Old 11-30-21, 04:42 PM   #11
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

Nicolai_Clausen! U've certainly mastered the art of the 'silent run!'

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote