SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-01-13, 09:00 PM   #10246
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
TDW, I just checked it (couldn't sleep ).. yes, if the Users folder doesn't exist before the game was loaded, your file doesn't see it for some reason even after it has already been created..
I tested single mission with folder that I sent you and DM was appeared..
So, we can't start new campaign from scratch (empty MyDocuments/SH5 folder).. we should start campaign, then completely exit the game and then load the bunker save..
ah, ok. I can work with that. What I'll do is have the DLL check for them again if it didn't find them at first when it goes to create a new DM Problem solved.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-13, 10:51 PM   #10247
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by divingbluefrog View Post
About magnetic pistols, they were so useless that almost no Kaleun use them before they were replaced by a new model in late december 42.
http://www.uboataces.com/articles-wo...orpedoes.shtml

I don't know if it's actually correctly rendered in game, as I've not been further than the entrance of Kiel canal presently
But for sure they should not be the choice by default....
see here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2087
Old 06-01-13, 11:47 PM   #10248
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 0

A bit later my report work also for me
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-13, 12:02 AM   #10249
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

NewUIs v7.5.0 test version 3 available here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...=4081&act=down

Same testing requirements as previous test versions

Fixes all errors/bugs reported so far
Adds:
- user charts has a drag handle attached to the bottom of it now so that you can drag it from the bottom also
- user charts categories area: right mouse clicking in the categories area will toggle it's height (same as pressing small round button)
- user charts charts area: right mouse clicking in the charts area will toggle it's height (same as pressing small round button)
Old 06-02-13, 12:12 AM   #10250
divingbluefrog
Medic

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 1

I don't know if we are talking about the same thing about changing mission settings, but when I use the mission Editor to modify a single mission : tab mission>>parameters, everything is ok, but in game, the date/hour is also messed up. Never had a warning message as described by Volodya or Gap.
I'm in metric system too.

I'm still using 7_4_0 and 1_0_94. I want to finalize my mod list on a stable version (for me at least) before migration.
divingbluefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-13, 12:26 AM   #10251
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
ah, ok. I can work with that. What I'll do is have the DLL check for them again if it didn't find them at first when it goes to create a new DM Problem solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
NewUIs v7.5.0 test version 3 available here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...=4081&act=down

Same testing requirements as previous test versions

Fixes all errors/bugs reported so far
Adds:
- user charts has a drag handle attached to the bottom of it now so that you can drag it from the bottom also
- user charts categories area: right mouse clicking in the categories area will toggle it's height (same as pressing small round button)
- user charts charts area: right mouse clicking in the charts area will toggle it's height (same as pressing small round button)
OK, I'll test it soon
One small remark, as I remember, there was a message displayed in a message box (Enemy unit destroyed) in the stock game.. menu.txt lines 4140-4143.. is it possible to return this message back?

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-13, 12:30 AM   #10252
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by divingbluefrog View Post
I don't know if we are talking about the same thing about changing mission settings, but when I use the mission Editor to modify a single mission : tab mission>>parameters, everything is ok, but in game, the date/hour is also messed up. Never had a warning message as described by Volodya or Gap.
I'm in metric system too.

I'm still using 7_4_0 and 1_0_94. I want to finalize my mod list on a stable version (for me at least) before migration.
The mission editor is totally different from the single mission settings you can change with my UIs mod. When you select a single mission and you mouse over the start button (don't click it) a single mission settings window will appear that will let you change many of the parameters of the single mission (along with letting you choose your start location also!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
OK, I'll test it soon
One small remark, as I remember, there was a message displayed in a message box (Enemy unit destroyed) in the stock game.. menu.txt lines 4140-4143.. is it possible to return this message back?
Yes it will be returned along with radio messages/sounds for sinking units.
Old 06-02-13, 01:25 AM   #10253
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Ok, before testing your latest test v3, i wanted to report other bug from long time ago (day one using NewUIs):

In NewUIs, i use the Emtgufs Aspect ratio 16_9 (but it was the same with manos scope 16/9) and of course i have enabled the Emtgufs option in fileviewer.
Now, from time to time, i get this bug when taking deck gun:

...and i get this bug in the periscope view:

Just playing with scope zoom, it's back normal again:

Same with UZO (as well as from time to time) but couldn't take a screenshot yet of it...

Is it known, or did i missed a setting somewhere?

PS:
- If i try your latest NewUIs test v3, and i load my last save, will it keep the DM i have already get in my campaign with the v2 and your latest dll ?
Or do i have to start over again?
- Are the saved DM reset each time in bunker, or we are going to get hundreds of DM along the full campaign?
(just saying because map should be very red one day!)

Last edited by Fifi; 06-02-13 at 01:49 AM.
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-13, 02:04 AM   #10254
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
In NewUIs, i use the Emtgufs Aspect ratio 16_9 (but it was the same with manos scope 16/9)..
They are not the same.. these files (cameras.cam) have completely different angular angles..

Quote:
I have never seen similar view.. always use Emtguf scope..

Quote:

It's ok.. this may be only after the scope's rise.. it's not hard to play with zoom

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
Old 06-02-13, 03:11 AM   #10255
Fifi
Navy Seal

And the deck gun? Got it even with old NewUIs...but again not always.
Old 06-02-13, 03:16 AM   #10256
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

I'm already tired..
There aren't DMs again..

Dbg - http://rghost.ru/46445000

Fifi, have you tested the test version 3? are there DMs in your game?

EDIT:
00002381 1398.29565430 [2764] TDWDestroyedMarks: Reset
00002382 1398.29956055 [2764] TDWDestroyedMarks: Save game index is 0
00002383 1398.34985352 [2764] TDWDestroyedMarks: Exception while retrieving same gave folder. Exception is Путь имеет недопустимую форму.

Text in Russian = Path has an invalid form

Last edited by volodya61; 06-02-13 at 07:43 AM.
Old 06-02-13, 03:48 AM   #10257
Fifi
Navy Seal

No not yet, it's too late here now, and have to stay with family.
Will see tomorrow.
Old 06-02-13, 04:25 AM   #10258
Bathrone
Ensign

Downloads: 82

Ok, Ive spent the last four hours testing build 3 of 7.5 and it looks good to me

Also on Volodyas problem, windows can be funny about NTFS access permissions. Theres multiple levels, its not just a matter of local group policy there can be hardcoded access control lists ACLs and there is a hierachy of order with domain admins overwriting local group policy and so forth

TDW you need to understand at what level your trying to confirm the file accss it isnt a simple as just a local machine access in a domain context

TDW I respect the decisions you have/will make on your code, but I do sir encourage you to open source it. I posted my opinion in a thread about how I consider the dev effort for SH5 to be somewhat broken. However, if you choose to continue this closed source model for your goodies thats ok, Im just trying to share a view with you I love your work
Bathrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-13, 07:25 AM   #10259
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Dm work fine for me with tha lates test version.
i have start a new campaign it's show after i reload the save game, and also when i reload the old campaign it's show the DM
TDW if u need my debug log and save game's let me know

Have a nice day
Sjizzle

Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-13, 08:00 AM   #10260
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:

Same with UZO (as well as from time to time) but couldn't take a screenshot yet of it...

Is it known, or did i missed a setting somewhere?

PS:
- If i try your latest NewUIs test v3, and i load my last save, will it keep the DM i have already get in my campaign with the v2 and your latest dll ?
Or do i have to start over again?
- Are the saved DM reset each time in bunker, or we are going to get hundreds of DM along the full campaign?
(just saying because map should be very red one day!)
Never seen the deck gun bug. Never seen the periscope view bug. The UZO sometimes tries to 'unzoom' but a simple roll of the mousewheel forward cures that.

All your campaign DMs are saved to a campaign destroyed unit's file by the game. I simply read that file to get the destroyed units.

Currently I read in all the destroyed unit's in the campaign destroyed unit's file at game start. The only way they are going to get reset is if you delete the campaign's destroyed units file.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui