SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-31-10, 11:46 AM   #2716
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I use the Widescreen 16:9 ratio (1280 x 720).

As you can see the dialogue box in the middle obscures alot of the periscope and I cannot find a way to use the Stadimeter effectively.
If you're running in such a low rez, the first thing you should due is turn off AllDials. You can also hide the message box which should allow you the XO dialog to drop down into the corner. Or you can make the XO dialog dragable and move it where ever you want.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-10, 12:21 PM   #2717
Echolot
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 567

I also have a massive frame rate drop in my multiplayer game not noticed before. I will reenable 2.9.1 and test it.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.4.0.145
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

Kein Intro
Keyboard Deutsch V0.6F
Main Menu Background Movie (SHIII+SH5)
Main Menu Music File (SHIII+SH5)
zoom - Kopie
NewUIs_TDC_3_0_0_ByTheDarkWraith
Alternative TDC Graphics V1.0
menu.txt
Echolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-10, 12:22 PM   #2718
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I appreciate Darkwraith that it's hard work to cater for different resolutions with your Mod, I use the Widescreen 16:9 ratio (1280 x 720).As you can see the dialogue box in the middle obscures alot of the periscope and I cannot find a way to use the Stadimeter effectively. If you chose to switch off the text box with your toggle (Top-right), how can you select the Stadimeter? If you press Shift + Z the mouse cursor disappears and you have to press Shift + Z a couple of times to bring it back. I apologise if this has already been reported or it's just my own stupidity (most likely scenario . You'll also notice that tehre are no Torpedo door switches, is this only a feature of v1.3?
first, ensure you're running the lastest version, it's at 2.9.1. Second, you have two options: 1) press L to toggle the messagebox on/off which will move the XO TDC box or 2) enable the user option that makes the XO TDC dialog box draggable so you can drag it whereever you want.

Torp doors switches will be in v3.0.0 and on.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-10, 12:34 PM   #2719
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Thanks guys
Old 05-31-10, 12:44 PM   #2720
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104

I think I found my problem with the torpedo door switches not showing up in 3.0.0.

The switches are in Hud3.dds

After installing the base TheDarkWraith UI with JSMGE I install
The jimimadrids_map_tools....

The Hud3.dds file within jimimadrids_map_tools does not have the torpedo tube switches and thus overwrites the Huds.dds file.... again...

Testing by removing Jimimadrids_map_tools now.

McHub532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-10, 12:53 PM   #2721
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHub532 View Post
I think I found my problem with the torpedo door switches not showing up in 3.0.0.

The switches are in Hud3.dds

After installing the base TheDarkWraith UI with JSMGE I install
The jimimadrids_map_tools....

The Hud3.dds file within jimimadrids_map_tools does not have the torpedo tube switches and thus overwrites the Huds.dds file.... again...

Testing by removing Jimimadrids_map_tools now.
Yeah!! That fixed the problem. The Torpedo door switches are here now.

Old 05-31-10, 12:59 PM   #2722
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Torpedo Door Switch Idea:

If you go into a dive.. have the torpedo doors/switches automatically go back closed at the depth required for safety reasons?

What do you think?

Right now the switches stay in the open position.

Old 05-31-10, 01:29 PM   #2723
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Torpedo Door Switch Idea:

If you go into a dive.. have the torpedo doors/switches automatically go back closed at the depth required for safety reasons?

What do you think?

Right now the switches stay in the open position.
excellent idea! What should the depth be for this? Is there a maximum depth from which the subs can not fire torpedoes?
Old 05-31-10, 01:30 PM   #2724
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
excellent idea! What should the depth be for this? There's a certain depth from which the subs cannot fire torpedoes.
I'm not sure what the depth is.. I know it's coded in already for flooding the tubes. If I'm too deep it will pop up "Too deep to fire torpedoes sir".. or something like that. I don't know what the magic number is that unlocks them for us though.

Old 05-31-10, 01:39 PM   #2725
kylania
Silent Hunter

Maximum depth for torpedo launch is stored in the data\Submarine\NSS_Uboatx\NSS_Uboatx.cfg file.

Quote:
[Properties]
PeriscopeDepth=13.5
SnorkelDepth=12;meters 12.5
CrashDepth=151;meters - is actualy 70, and will never reach 71, it will dwingle at ~70.5 - fix for updating interface. [Saitan Catalin]
MaxDepth=200;meters
DiveDepth=104;meters
SurfaceDepth=5;meters
TorpLaunchMaxDepth=20;meters
StormConditions=11,0.4;max wind speed [m/s], max rain intensity [0,1]

Old 05-31-10, 01:40 PM   #2726
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I'm not sure what the depth is.. I know it's coded in already for flooding the tubes. If I'm too deep it will pop up "Too deep to fire torpedoes sir".. or something like that. I don't know what the magic number is that unlocks them for us though.
I believe that number resides in the subs .cfg file. I'll have to look.

Here's another thing I've been playing with for v3.0.0. This instant on crap has gotta go. When I click on std or recharge propulsion mode is should take some time to do that, it shouldn't be instant. Same goes for silent running and other items. So I'm introducing time delays into the orders to simulate real life. Currently have the std and recharge propulsion and silent running on/off done. What do you all think about this?
Old 05-31-10, 01:42 PM   #2727
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
I believe that number resides in the subs .cfg file. I'll have to look.

Here's another thing I've been playing with for v3.0.0. This instant on crap has gotta go. When I click on std or recharge propulsion mode is should take some time to do that, it shouldn't be instant. Same goes for silent running and other items. So I'm introducing time delays into the orders to simulate real life. Currently have the std and recharge propulsion and silent running on/off done. What do you all think about this?
Absolutely a full support of this.

Old 05-31-10, 01:56 PM   #2728
kylania
Silent Hunter

Quote:
This instant on crap has gotta go. What do you all think about this?
Not sure if I want. I'd also start to get worried about performance is every command had a trap and timer associated with it. Already the delay from loading screen closing to UI being able to use has increased from 1-2 seconds to nearly 10 seconds with everything being enabled at game start. I wouldn't want to have to deal with that kind of processing delay plus an artificial delay for every command I issued in game.

With regards to the recharging command. Once you enable it there's not really anything that happens instantly. Your speed still slowly changes up or down depending on if you turned it off or on. The actual recharging of the batteries is still slow, even more so at faster throttle levels. I guess I don't see the need to delay that kind of thing. Same with Silent Running. Is a few seconds delay worth it? If it's more than a few seconds delay, than you're starting to get into realism issues. I'm pretty sure if a captain said STFU it wouldn't take you 30 seconds to shut up.

I guess it depends on the delays and if all this is optional or not, but slowing down already slow gameplay just seems to be to be along the same lines as the "information denial" stuff with removing every scrap of information the game gives you in the name of "realism". Captain's weren't as blind and dumb as some of these "realism" mods make you and I'm pretty sure crews weren't slow just because it was the '40s.

That said, it's your baby. I just don't like waiting. heh

Old 05-31-10, 02:15 PM   #2729
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Not sure if I want. I'd also start to get worried about performance is every command had a trap and timer associated with it. Already the delay from loading screen closing to UI being able to use has increased from 1-2 seconds to nearly 10 seconds with everything being enabled at game start. I wouldn't want to have to deal with that kind of processing delay plus an artificial delay for every command I issued in game.

With regards to the recharging command. Once you enable it there's not really anything that happens instantly. Your speed still slowly changes up or down depending on if you turned it off or on. The actual recharging of the batteries is still slow, even more so at faster throttle levels. I guess I don't see the need to delay that kind of thing. Same with Silent Running. Is a few seconds delay worth it? If it's more than a few seconds delay, than you're starting to get into realism issues. I'm pretty sure if a captain said STFU it wouldn't take you 30 seconds to shut up.

I guess it depends on the delays and if all this is optional or not, but slowing down already slow gameplay just seems to be to be along the same lines as the "information denial" stuff with removing every scrap of information the game gives you in the name of "realism". Captain's weren't as blind and dumb as some of these "realism" mods make you and I'm pretty sure crews weren't slow just because it was the '40s.

That said, it's your baby. I just don't like waiting. heh
of course they are options and you can set the time delays to what you want (i.e. 0 if you don't want to wait)
Old 05-31-10, 02:54 PM   #2730
harag
A-ganger

Downloads: 67

BTW, I've reinstalled SH5 and the following mods installed now:

[DEPENDANCIES]
NewUIs_TDC_2_9_1_ByTheDarkWraith="NewUIs_TDC_2_9_1 _ColoredShippingChart_by_reaper7""NewUIs_TDC_2_9_1 _jimimadrids_map_tools""MRP 1.3+OPCF""NewUIs_TDC_2_9_1_alt_officer_wounded_by_ naights""NewUIs_TDC_2_9_1_WWIIInterface_by_naights "
MRP 1.3+OPCF="MRP 16x9 patch"
[MODS]
NewUIs_TDC_2_9_1_ByTheDarkWraith=1
NewUIs_TDC_2_9_1_ColoredShippingChart_by_reaper7=2
NewUIs_TDC_2_9_1_jimimadrids_map_tools=3
Dooms Decks for VIIABC41 1.4=4
Accurate German Flags=5
Environment_MOD_2.2_by_W_clear=6
MRP 1.3+OPCF=7
MRP 16x9 patch=8
No Umark=9
RemoveLogoIntroTheDarkWraith=10
Church's SHV 1.01 Keyboard Commands v1.1=11
NewUIs_TDC_2_9_1_alt_officer_wounded_by_naights=12
NewUIs_TDC_2_9_1_WWIIInterface_by_naights=13

Excellent news - it all seams to be running smooth again. so not sure what the problem was in the first place, oh well.

BTW just been reading about v3.0.0 when is this due for release? or can I down load it someplace?

Cheers
harag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui