SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-25-23, 11:39 PM   #1
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Don't forget the bad bad Ubisoft "math": Of refits, new commands, rank, and retirements from Ducimus, and the Patrol Rating, etc. that influences everything in SH4.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-23, 11:44 PM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Don't forget the bad bad Ubisoft "math": Of refits, new commands, rank, and retirements from Ducimus, and the Patrol Rating, etc. that influences everything in SH4.
yeah but that was more for keeping your career going and getting promoted.
medals, as you know, are a horse of a different color.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-23, 11:53 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Total patrol score does matter most, but the rating does come into play somewhere also. Strange thing is, you can sink a friendly for a 10x points loss, but if you sink enough enemy and maybe grap some more points with Objective completions, you can still get medals... no charges... CapnScurvy and a few other old heads were the most knowledgeable about the subject, and I do remember hearing swear words all the way from the Cincinnati area when he was trying to format the text better of his Medals mod for FotRSU... very frustrating crapolla... such simple text-based files, of which you can't change certain lines, but there is also something borked in one of the libraries or the exe, all because of no licensing from the US military for the images...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-23, 02:28 PM   #4
ElCid97
Gunner

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 5

I remember reading somewhere that the "qualifications" for the medals is indeed hard-coded somewhere.

The PH was something like 40% or greater damage to the sub. The next one up was for 3 ships sunk, the next one up for 6 ships, and the next one after that for 9 ships in a certain time period.

I believe there was also another medal for 6 ships in a single action.

The other thing I remember reading is that the "points" or "credits" towards the medal were also influenced by the difficulty setting, so the "harder" or more "realistic" the settings, the "simpler" (more points/credits towards the medal) you recieved towards a particular medal.

It's scattered somewhere on the forums here, and most of the stuff I've come across is from 2009 or so. Apparently it was an Ubisoft programer that gave the info, but it was a few years after they worked on it and he was going off of memory.

I've managed to get the "text" for the award to look somewhat decent, but can't get it to center. That may be what Capt Scurvy was trying to do as well. Here's what it will look like in the mod I'm working on:

It's an early version I managed to screenshot. The citation is all lined up on the right hand side, but I've managed to figure out how to get the stuff to at least look somewhat presentable.

I'll take a screenshot of the latest "dev" version when I can. I've FINALLY removed the unwanted indentation at the bottom as well as the extra lines or spaces that have been put in by the program where I don't want them. It turns out you can't have extra spaces or the formatting goes nuts.

At least the thing now looks like a certificate should look like.

ElCid97
ElCid97 is offline   Reply With Quote