SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-22-22, 11:21 AM   #1
David I
Ensign

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0
Default TIII Range

If anyone could make a Mod for a 7.5 range for the TIII and post it in the Downloads portion of this amazing forum that would be a great help for the community and for a certain person who's initials are DI.
David I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-22, 01:17 PM   #2
jonny_bass26
Sailor man

Downloads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by David I View Post
If anyone could make a Mod for a 7.5 range for the TIII and post it in the Downloads portion of this amazing forum that would be a great help for the community and for a certain person who's initials are DI.
It's really not that hard to do it yourself, once you know how - I did, with the kind help of the folks in the thread above, and I know basically nothing about modding or indeed computers in general ;-) when I'm back at my computer I can work out a step-by-step guide if you want it.
jonny_bass26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-22, 01:56 PM   #3
David I
Ensign

Default Type III Torpedos

Jonny,

That would be very helpful indeed!

David I
Old 08-09-22, 04:04 AM   #4
jonny_bass26
Sailor man

Downloads: 23

Apologies for the delayed reply, been busy in the so-called real world :-).

Here it is...

1) Install Silent 3ditor (aka S3ditor), available at https://silent-3ditor.software.informer.com/0.9/

2) Using S3ditor, navigate to SH3/data/Library/Torpedo.sim (where SH3 is whatever you've decided to call your install). Open 'er up.

3) Open 20: amun_Torpedo, which should in turn lead you to 21: amun_Torpedo. This is what you're looking for.

4) Inside 21: amun_Torpedo, you should fine a subheading of Speeds [1]. Click on this to reveal a further subheading simply called [0]...

5)...clicking on this, in turn, reveals yet further subheadings of speed and - at last! - range. Click on range, and the "Property details" box at the bottom should have an editable field which, by default, will read 5000.0. Simply edit this to whatever you desire - Wikipedia says the T III's range was actually 7500m, so that's what I went with. Once done, save your changes.

Almost done...

6) Go to SH3/data/Menu/en_menu (or fr_ or de_ equivalent if not playing in English) and find the lines relating to the T III - line 625 in my install. Simply change the part that says "5km" to "7.5km" to have the in-game description match your changes.

Hey presto!

NB - doing this has just made me realised that I didn't similarly adjust the T III FaT and LuT torp ranges to match; if you're so inclined, the amun_Torpedo files you're looking for are 10/11 and 14/15 respectively. en_menu descriptions at 626 and 630.

Hope this works for you; if not, one of the kind people above may be able to help out :-) happy hunting!
jonny_bass26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-22, 11:31 AM   #5
David I
Ensign

Jonny,

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

David I