SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-26-19, 09:21 AM   #1
MrBboy
Swabbie

Downloads: 34
Uploads: 0

Hey, so I have this problem with Harbour Pilot - it doesn't work anymore. Basically when I try to activate - still being in bunker - it doesn't go green but other scrips work just fine. Is it caused by that I'm not using Real Navigation? If this a problem is is possible to bypass it, cause setting waypoints in Kiel Canal is real pain in the a...
MrBboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-19, 09:39 AM   #2
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBboy View Post
Hey, so I have this problem with Harbour Pilot - it doesn't work anymore. Basically when I try to activate - still being in bunker - it doesn't go green but other scrips work just fine. Is it caused by that I'm not using Real Navigation? If this a problem is is possible to bypass it, cause setting waypoints in Kiel Canal is real pain in the a...
I've never encountered such problem in TWoS...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-19, 11:10 AM   #3
Einheerjar
Nub

Downloads: 19

Ahoi everyone

@ THEBERBSTER

to solve the issue I will answer your advices in line

Quote:
Which one? You do not say.
TWoS installs directly without using JSGME as you no longer see the main mod or any updates.
You are right. I have disabled all mods in the JSGME, only the main mod is active.

Quote:
Your problem is not one of compatibility as SH5 will run on Windows 10 without it.
You need to make sure that your gpu is setup correctly as this is important.
Changing The Nvidia GPU Settings > Essential Settings > Pictorial

This option can be added if still a problem and often sorts a problem if your system has been updated by Microsoft.
Override High DPI Scaling Behavior > Pictorial
I fallowed the instruction and changed the DPI and Nvidia settings to your recommendation.

Quote:
Another problem can be Direct X 9c an essential application for all SH versions is not installed or not installed correctly.
I have installed the directX drivers with the setup file in the support folder of the game. Now it takes much longer to start the game... buuut voila... The game responses properly

Well, thank you for the good troubleshooting!
It is a good thing to have such an active community.

Quote:
Einheerjar!
Aktungbby
Thanks for the warm welcome on board.

Greetings
Einheerjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-19, 12:24 PM   #4
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390

As far as harbour pilot goes I only know of one issue...

If you activate it, then change engine speeds while in the pen, you will get strange occurrences. If you use the pilot let it do it’s own thing until you leave the pen.

That was the only time I had an issue.
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-19, 02:46 PM   #5
abzac
Nub

Downloads: 0

1. Windows 10 x64
2. DVD version, registered

Everything works perfect, except tooltips. Tooltips are appearing as hieroglyphs. I have tried to change game language via registry, but nothing changes.
Only TWos Aspect Ratio Fix 5x4 and TWoS FX_Incr. Flooding via Zones are enabled in JSGME.

abzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-19, 05:36 PM   #6
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by abzac View Post
1. Windows 10 x64
2. DVD version, registered

Everything works perfect, except tooltips. Tooltips are appearing as hieroglyphs. I have tried to change game language via registry, but nothing changes.
Only TWos Aspect Ratio Fix 5x4 and TWoS FX_Incr. Flooding via Zones are enabled in JSGME.

Russian Windows?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-19, 01:39 PM   #7
abzac
Nub

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Russian Windows?
Yes, but english localization and speech synthesis for Windows are downloaded as well(used in VoiceAttack).

EDIT: solved this issue by downloading (for informational purposes, of course) english version from torrents. Looks like I won't be able to play the version from my disk (buka), as it missing some english localization or something...

Last edited by abzac; 03-29-19 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Solved th issue
abzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-19, 02:13 PM   #8
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

abzac!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-19, 04:12 PM   #9
MrBboy
Swabbie

Downloads: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBboy View Post
Ok, so I think I found the solution to my problem I've set compatibility with Win XP and I run it as admin. Now Harbour Pilot works, but I don't know if it's bulletproof solution.
MrBboy is offline   Reply With Quote