SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-08, 10:48 PM   #1
sideways
Watch

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Default Too much SH - weird dreams

Hi gang,

You know you've been playing too much silent hunter when...

you dream that someone (dreams are never very specific) straight up GIVES you a type VIIc in near perfect condition.

'Here, have a u-boat. It's parked just off the coast of Rottnest Island. I figure it's safer than a car cos there's less stuff to crash into!'

I remember the torpedo tubes had been welded/fixed shut to stop me from getting too enthusiastic and blowing up anything important. :hmm:

Was a fun dream - had all kinds of plans for what I was going to do with it. Don't remember all the gory details, but I was somehow able to steer it and see where i was going with only one other person aboard. The previous owner had left all kinds of strange stuff aboard though - cans of paint, toy guns, a TV with no antenna... very strange.

Got me thinking though - I seriously cannot imagine anything more enjoyable than cruising around - with a crew of my buddies - in a WWII submarine. Obviously the ability to go back into port whenever you feel like it and not be obliged to go up against DD's would make it a lot more fun than back in the day - and a lot less scary...

So how many guys do you think it would take just to drive one of these things? I was thinking about 10 would probably be the bare minimum to keep it running on the surface without crashing into anything...

Anybody got a u-boot they wanna sell me? :rotfl: Maybe I should've tried to outbid whoever bought that ex-turkey-ex-USA fleet boat that got sold recently.
sideways is offline   Reply With Quote