SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-07, 02:21 PM   #11
Redwine
Sea Lord

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
Also note that the radar sensor, is probably NOT in the same location on every sub. Assuuming the game takes this into account. If it does It could be X meters high on one sub, and be X+1 meters high on another. If this is the case I do not think there will be a universal fix for all subs.
If i not remember bad from SH III it was the position for the sensor, but must have not too much influence, few meters up or down in this case.

In example if you put an hydrophone at maxsensroheight -10, and give it angles 90-180 you will not pick up a surface contact by few meters.

But here the iportant, i think so are the angles, to have a 0-180 beam at zero meters or at 8 meters must not change too much the sensor range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
Naturally, zeroing out the MinSensorHeight didn't yield any positive results that i could tell. Is there another variable at work here that is not represented in the tweak files?

As always, correct me if im wrong. I dont want to mislead anyone if i have it all messed up in my perception of it.
I think similar... there is some entry wrong.

Changes made do not reflects the souposed/spected behavior... :hmm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace11
I replaced the sensors file with the original bugged 1.2 version that came straight from the patch. The single sweep button didnt work then either... Is it definatly working after 1.2 with no tweaks in the sensors file???

Could try changing SD elevation from Min1 Max179 to Min2 max 178
I tryed 1-179, 2-178.... nothing happen. :hmm:
Redwine is offline   Reply With Quote