SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-16, 06:15 AM   #11
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Even MBAM can be defeated, I am certain.

As I said: by using security software, you influence chances in your favour, probabilities. But you never gain 100%.

Trust and confidence of the type "I use this and that, I am certain that I will not get hit", is not justifiable. All computer users are vulnerable, for many different reasons: installation, OS, settings, sec software used, sites visited. Some are more vulnerable, some less.

I only recommend to do what you can to belong to the latter. The only alternatives are: either pull the plug completely - or be aware of your risks that you inevitably need to accept. My choice was to reduce them at the cost of reducing comfort in using my rig.

Oh, and one advise that many people will laugh about and laugh at me for, saying it is from the stoneage: when you end your computer session and leave the desk for a brake of not just some minutes - SWITCH OFF your computer, completely. Not sleep mode. Not stand-by mode. OFF. Also, when leaving the house, switch off your modem or router. The telephone call that does not get recorded: if it was important, they will call again.

Tags
windows