Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-11, 02:27 PM   #11
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egan View Post
You should go. Florence rocks. We're renting an apartment on the other side of the Arno for a week and then heading up to Bologna for a few nights. This is our fourth time in Florence I think. I don't know it as well as Rome but I really like the place. If you go, take a wonder up to Piazzale Michaelangelo and see one of the great views of the world.
Agreed. My wife and I spent some time there in a fantastic little hotel called Hotel Corona d'Italia at the corner of Via Nazionale and Via dell'Ariento which is the intersection right at the northern end of the public market. Food, people, atmosphere.. everything there was excellent. I enjoyed it more then Rome and almost as much as Venice. Definitely a place everyone should try to go at some point in my opinion.

@Skybird: Those pizzas look excellent. My wife developed an addiction to margherita pizzas while in Italy and your picture has decided what we are having for dinner tonight! lol. I called her over for a look and she says it looks fantastic as well.
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote