SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-10, 04:38 PM   #11
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Bugs Posted by nodlew

The Stadimeter button will stop working--stays yellow, won't turn green. Switching to Captain's Log and back will get it working again--sometimes.

Ok Figured this one out - due to the way the script imports the Pages eg CrewManagement Page when clicking the Icon, it was bacicallt deactivating the commads that are running before that page is called.
I've figured a way to get it to keep the command active using Timers.
And I have this Issue sorted

I can use this technique on other pages where I'm Importing Pages into the active page. This hopefully will stop other issues with buttons disappering.

The Stop Watch doesn't function. I can drag it around, but it won't start and stop, just keeps ticking. The only way to use it to get speed calculations of ships is to place it right beside the center line of the scope and count the ticks until the ship completely crosses the line. Can't seem to replace it with another Stop Watch mod either. The Jagd stop watch does function as a stop watch, but I can't seem to access that one unless I fire a torpedo. After that I can use it as long as I leave it on the screen. I've searched through the crew commands for an order to bring it up, but no go.

Ok this is something I caused early on in creating the Mod - In trying to get a working U-Jagd that you can turn on/off I modded the clock into the U-Jadg (This is why it appears at high TC).

Other mods left the closk as is and created the U-Jadg seperate - but the only way to start the U-jadg is click the stopwatch.

Then I created a clock (Thats the button at the bottom of the page) its not a stop watch thats prob where the confusion is.

The U-Jadg can be opened/Closed using the 'O' key.

I can reintegrate the time hands into the U-Jadg to create a cloc/U-jadg hybrid if wanted. Or even put a button for the U-Jadg beside the clock button to open / close U-jadg.

Been trying to use the AOB finder, but I must have lost a few brain cells since SH3 and SH4 U-Boat Missions cause I can't work the damn things any more--neither yours nor TDW's. My stadimeter readings seem to have gone screwy. Ships that I know are 1500 m away read as ~ 1000 m. The AOB reports closer, but still off. I've tried it with the standard scope and with the MRP mod. The MRP seems to work a little better but still not right. Someone needs to do a new tutorial for these things and put it on YouTube. OLC's video is for his interface and that was way back in SH3 GWX. Ah. Those were the days. My freakin' AOB finder worked. Life was far less frustrating.

I seen your post in TDW thread and I see your leaving out a few steps in the operation on the RAOBF.

Taking from your Post

Now. This first screenshot shows a C2-S-B1 Large Merchant which I have placed as close to 1500 m distant from me as the mission editor will allow. I was trying to recreate the exact conditions that TDW used in his tutorial on how to use the RA0BF--somewhere in this thread. In the picture you can see that the RAOBF finder is working, the graticules are correct. RAOBF gives me correct range (1500m) and AOB (90deg) for this target.

First what your doing is wrong so are not working out 90deg in your screenshot. No mater how many ticks across the target is, if you just drag that value to the Top tab (6x Tab) your going to read 90deg always.

I take it your getting range correct - Measure the Ticks high and drag that value around to match the Mast height of the target giving you the range, OK.
Now what you do to get AOB is drag the value of the Range (2500M) in the middle dial to the value on the outer dial for the Ship Lenght in the Rec Manual (Your example = 140M), OK. Now read of your ticks lenght (11 at 1.5 zoom in your case or 44 at 6X Zoom ).
The value across from the measured ticks will give you your AOB.

I just tried this in my MOd and my Aspect ratios that I modded seem to be messed up since I had them working in Beta I will sheck them and redo if necessary. I may have rescalled the Graticlues and forgot to recalibrate the cameras.cam file

reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote