SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-10-24, 06:36 PM   #1
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1804
Uploads: 0
Default I don't know what to do anymore.

I cannot get any installations of SH3 to work. I have tried Fifi's NYGM, Onealex, Toyotas86, and LSH. I ran them as is with no added mods installed. Just the ones required for the megamod. I didn't even add any of the mods that came with the megamod's just the base installations and non of them will load a career. They will lode to the initial screen but that's. I have set up the exe properties the way they should be set up ie emulate win 7 checked, run as admin checked, disabled full screen optimzation checked and overide high DPI scaling behavior. The 4 gig patch is checked in the hsie patch. I'm using a nip file from someone here at subsim for invidia inspector. I don't know what else to check. Also I have 4 installations of SH4 and all of them run just fine. TMOBH, FOTRSU, KSDII and Fifi's Dark Waters. Can anyone please help me figure this out.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-24, 03:20 PM   #2
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

Does vanilla work?

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-24, 05:29 PM   #3
J0313
Grey Wolf

Yes. I just got it to work. There is some really wonki crap going on with SH3 and I have NEVER had this trouble before. I'm probably going to give up because I can't figure it out
Old 05-19-24, 05:40 PM   #4
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default Re

J0313 dont give up just yet. You know the drill, Delete everything Silent Hunter 3 and try my steps for ONEALEX 1.53 :

INSTALLATION OF ONEALEX

1. Download ONEALEX 1.xx and UnZip the SH3 Folder to your choice of location (not in Program Files).

2. Open the SH3 folder and locate these 3 executables, the SH3.exe, Cmdr.exe (located in the SH3 Commander’s Folder) and the JSGME.exe. Change each executable , by right clicking and selecting their Properties/ Compatibilty tabs, to WIN7 compatibly / and run as ADMIN. (this is very important)

3. Start the game via the SH3.exe, (not SH3 Commander) to set a SAVE FOLDER. (if you don’t already have a SAVE FOLDER from a previous installation, this will create one If you do, you can change your default SAVE GAME FOLDER'S name with MULTISH3, included in your SH3 GAME FOLDER).

4. Set game OPTIONS to GERMAN LANGUAGE (or you will have no voices).

5. Exit game.

6. Add Mods via JSGME.

7. Set OPTIONS in SH3 Cmdr. to your liking.

8. Setup Career & Play, via SH3 Commander

9. SINK SHIPS !!!

After your up and running, I can point you to a FEW, just a FEW cool add on mods, but lets get up and running first. Doolar CA45 (Jerry Baltimore Md.)
Old 05-19-24, 10:03 PM   #5
J0313
Grey Wolf

[QUOTE=Doolar;2912499]J0313 dont give up just yet. You know the drill, Delete everything Silent Hunter 3 and try my steps for ONEALEX 1.53 :

INSTALLATION OF ONEALEX

1. Download ONEALEX 1.xx and UnZip the SH3 Folder to your choice of location (not in Program Files).

2. Open the SH3 folder and locate these 3 executables, the SH3.exe, Cmdr.exe (located in the SH3 Commander’s Folder) and the JSGME.exe. Change each executable , by right clicking and selecting their Properties/ Compatibilty tabs, to WIN7 compatibly / and run as ADMIN. (this is very important)

3. Start the game via the SH3.exe, (not SH3 Commander) to set a SAVE FOLDER. (if you don’t already have a SAVE FOLDER from a previous installation, this will create one If you do, you can change your default SAVE GAME FOLDER'S name with MULTISH3, included in your SH3 GAME FOLDER).

4. Set game OPTIONS to GERMAN LANGUAGE (or you will have no voices).

5. Exit game.

6. Add Mods via JSGME.

7. Set OPTIONS in SH3 Cmdr. to your liking.

8. Setup Career & Play, via SH3 Commander

9. SINK SHIPS !!!

After your up and running, I can point you to a FEW, just a FEW cool add on mods, but lets get up and running first. Doolar CA45 (Jerry Baltimore Md.)[/QUOTE

Did all that and more. I played SH3 for years and I know all the tricks and I still can't get it to work. Not just Onealex but Fifi's, Toyota's and LSH. NONE work. The career gets almost loaded and then WAM, straight to desktop. No warning, no error just the desk top starring me in the face.
Old 05-20-24, 11:02 AM   #6
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default Re

Gotcha, Just though you seeing something in my steps might catch your attention. There are so many small thing to do to get this old game up and running, that it's easy to miss the most simpleist of details.