Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-01-10, 10:40 AM   #1
pocatellodave
Engineer

Downloads: 92
Uploads: 0
Default Campaign giving me trouble

I sank enough tonnage to advance to another mission,was advised to return to base,but got the same message from the boss,so I had to go out on same mission.I'm sinking ships,and having fun,but would like to move along and get different boat and other missions.I'm using Lite Campaign,and maybe that's the cause,but I doubt that.
I still haven't figured out how to award medals are give rank increases either.
pocatellodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-10, 04:15 PM   #2
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Are you sure you are playing SH5 ?
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-10, 04:41 PM   #3
DavyJonesFootlocker
The Old Man

Downloads: 138

Quote:
Are you sure you are playing SH5 ?
A proud member of the Wikipedia Haters Club
DavyJonesFootlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-10, 06:00 PM   #4
Drakron
Watch

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocatellodave View Post
I sank enough tonnage to advance to another mission,was advised to return to base,but got the same message from the boss,so I had to go out on same mission.
I am not sure what you mean, what you pick on the sub pen is not really a mission per say, its more like "overall strategic objective at this area".

Your patrol mission is given by BdU, you might get something "sink warship in Scapa Flow" during the Blockade of Germany "mission" despite the fact doing so does not advance any of the goals of the Blockade of Germany "mission" (since its not sinking any armed merchant ships or the aircraft carrier, its a battleship in harbor) yet that is what BdU ordered you to do.

If BdU says "go there and sink any ship" it will give the return home the moment you sink any ship near the patrol area they given you, of course one ship is unlikely to fulfill the "Mission" you selected back in the pen, you are free to continue on your own as BdU even says it.

Quote:
I'm sinking ships,and having fun,but would like to move along and get different boat and other missions.I'm using Lite Campaign,and maybe that's the cause,but I doubt that.
if you are just sinking ships without any regard to BdU orders or the "mission" you picked back at the Sub Pen you are not really advancing much besides, maybe, renown.

Lite Campaign simply lowers the tonnage and ship number requires to "win" the "Missions", you are still require to sink merchant ships in the area outlined in a red circle in Western Approaches "Mission" in order to "win it", the ones you sink outside dont count.

Quote:
I still haven't figured out how to award medals are give rank increases either.
If you mean being awarded medals, I got a Iron Cross, 2nd Class in the Tutorial Mission because I sunk 5 ships (4 that are in the "shooting gallery" and one that was going inbound as I was returning to port), medals seem to be awarded by total tonnage sunk during the patrol or for other conditions (U-Boat War Badge seems to be awarded after 3 patrols, not counting the tutorial).

You cannot award medals, the best you can do is give a "iron cross" that seems to be related to some kind of xp system or something (you pretty much get a little + sign on the crewman portrait after you max their skills), its pretty much pointless, you cannot give promotions (rank seems to be really messed up anyway, I seen a screenshoot were the cook was Kapitän zur See)
Drakron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-10, 06:52 PM   #5
DavyJonesFootlocker
The Old Man

Downloads: 138

Quote:
I seen a screenshoot were the cook was Kapitän zur See)
Hey, Hackl is the Captain of his pots. Don't mess with him he keeps that knife close to him.
A proud member of the Wikipedia Haters Club
DavyJonesFootlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-10, 07:04 PM   #6
Captain Can
Soundman

Downloads: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyJonesFootlocker View Post
Hey, Hackl is the Captain of his pots. Don't mess with him he keeps that knife close to him.

he has magic skills.
so dont make fun of him like that.
Old 10-01-10, 07:23 PM   #7
pocatellodave
Engineer

Downloads: 92

Thanks
pocatellodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-10, 10:49 AM   #8
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 209

new campaigns start when that date has been reached/passed. you can do missions but a new campaign wont start untill that date has been reached. Go sightsee NYC or Antarcitca or sink 4 million tons. It may be months till a new campaign starts. At some point, you will get a new thing. i think. Im still on british shipping for the 4th time after that many restarts.
mobucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-10, 09:17 AM   #9
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyJonesFootlocker View Post
You mean he threatens more people with that knife? Give me my luger NOW!

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote